What is your favorite OU hoops squad of all-time?

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
and why? Now there are some really obvious ones, but I bet some of you have some others that you really liked.

I will give you mine a little later on.

i'm Choo, T-Mac, DJ guy.

84-85ish.

hon mention: 90, with Skeeter. the NIT team from 83 (?) with D. Little and Chuckie Barnett.

In some ways, some of Billy's early teams - before Wayman - are my favorites. They didn't accomplish as much as some of the later teams, but they believed in Sooner Basketball when no one else did. Without them, Waymon might not have come to OU and without Wayman, I don't know if we would ever have been as successful over the past 20 years.

2002 is probably my favorite, as I consider that "my" OU Final Four, as I was relatively young in '88 and couldn't fully enjoy it. Not to mention, that team was put together EXACTLY how I believe a basketball team should be. But that is the obvious answer.

The 1999 team was a blast as well. That is the year we almost knocked off a really good Michigan State team to reach the Elite 8. That OU team wasn't all that gifted athletically, but they played great defense (60 ppg allowed), played as a team, and had an absolute warrior as a leader (Najera).

And probably the '90 team, as I remember being 12 years old and listening to Rick Fox (I've hated him ever since) beat us on that last second shot on a radio while out in my driveway shooting.

2002 because they were such a team in the truest sense. And Hollis of course.

I have watched OU basketball for 20 years and last year was my favorite team because of the Griffin boys. I think there is a good chance they will remain my favorite team for another 20 years because not many Blake Griffin's come around, especially not ones with a brother like Taylor. They guy was a class act for 4 years at OU and turned out to be a pretty good player.

2002... I wasn't old enough/born to appreciate some of the earlier teams. I traveled to Hotlanta for that Final Four... even though we lost it was an awesome trip.

The 1988 team is my favorite. They were just fun to watch and out-talented people. The 2002 Final Four team is second. They didn't ooze talent, but all the parts fit together perfectly and just made one hell of a team. Last year is a close third.

The 1988 team is my favorite. They were just fun to watch and out-talented people. The 2002 Final Four team is second. They didn't ooze talent, but all the parts fit together perfectly and just made one hell of a team. Last year is a close third.

Nice. '88 was my 2nd team. They were fun to watch and I loved Mookie.

tough question but would have to go with '88, '90, and '85 as a three way tie

I don't remember the year but I really liked one of Tubbs teams in the early 90s. Brent Price, Bryant Vann, Bryan Sallier, Terry Evans and Jeff Webster. I really think that team had a shot to make some noise in the tournament but Sallier got hurt at the end of the season. He was a really good post player. Webster could score points. Price could shoot from 26 feet. Evans and Vann were solid players.

If I had to guess on the year, I would say 91/92 or 92/93 but I am really just guessing.

All great picks but those are too obvious. How about 1998 (I think that was the year) with Najerra and Humphries knocking off Arizona in the NCAA Tournament. Arizona has to just hate to see OU in its bracket.

I liked Billy's first team, which won 9 games with limited talent. At one point, they lost a game to The Ohio Northern Polar Bears.

Either last year's team, the 97 team, or the team that won the first bigXII tourney championship.

Back