What's the minimum length of a rookie contract?

Melo definitely didn't have it coming in. He was played at the 4 in college and played down low in the 2-3. He was a terrible defender coming into the league. And Lebron wasn't much better, he hadn't played much defense before coming in to the NBA.

I agree that they both had bodies that fit their positions but Durant does too outside him just being too skinny right now. Like I said, with strength work he will improve his strength and his lateral movement enough to be at the very least an adequate defender.

Your first paragraph insinuated I said they were both good defenders. That is NOT what said or even implied.

Your second paragraph is EXACTLY my point. We just disagree that he can develop his body. Even Prince was "thicker" (and quicker) coming in than is KD. I've known A LOT of guys with his build, although they didn't have the financial resources of KD, and they just never could change what they are/were...

We'll know the answer in about 2 years.

Your first paragraph insinuated I said they were both good defenders. That is NOT what said or even implied.

Your second paragraph is EXACTLY my point. We just disagree that he can develop his body. Even Prince was "thicker" (and quicker) coming in than is KD. I've known A LOT of guys with his build, although they didn't have the financial resources of KD, and they just never could change what they are/were...

We'll know the answer in about 2 years.

No way was Prince "thicker" than KD coming in the league. He's not thicker than him now, imo. They are listed at the same height and weight right now.

I don't think he has to change what he is drastically, he just has to add enough strength to begin to withstand the beating. His body has actually changed a lot since his SR year in HS, so in 3 years he has really worked on his body and in another 3 I think you will see a major difference.

maybe prince was "thicker" because he was almost 22 as a rookie ...

KD won't be 22 for 2 more years .. nba players peak at 26-30 ...

by then KD will be the scoring champ year after year

Back