Will we get a big man? Who will it be?

htownSOONER

Reaction score
I have not been on the board as mich as I would like to lately.

Will Capel pull in a big man for the 2010 class?

Who is the class we will finish with?

Will it be a top 20 class?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like we are in on a bunch of good guards and 3 of them are visiting this weekend - Ray McCallum, Doron Lamb and Trey Zeigler. But it's looking more and more like we will have to settle for a junior college big man because the talent pool for post players is not that deep this year and we lost out on one of the main targets in Johnson as he committed to Virginia the other day.

But I think this will be a top 20 class if we get one of the 3 guards coming in this weekend.

If we get Clark and one of Releford/Lamb/McCallum/Zeigler I would be happy with a juco big man to round out the class.

Honestly, I'll take a combination of any of the four guards that we are in on and one big.

I think OU has to take a big man. They will certainly lose Ryan Wright and could lose Tiny Gallon. They have to go into next season knowing they have at least 4 bigs on campus and I would prefer 5 if I were the coach. I don't think Capel will risk going into next season with Fitzgerald, Allen and Hardrick.

I think OU has to take a big man. They will certainly lose Ryan Wright and could lose Tiny Gallon. They have to go into next season knowing they have at least 4 bigs on campus and I would prefer 5 if I were the coach. I don't think Capel will risk going into next season with Fitzgerald, Allen and Hardrick.

Barry Honorore would be there too, but I agree regardless.

Denever, I am sure you are right I am sure jeff capel will take a big...my view on the situation is you dont just take a guy to have another big on the roster...if you do that then we could be in a situation to have another player like hardick...
If we dont get a talented big that would not be good...but I dont think we should rush out and just sign anyone...yes we need somebody but if we cant get the talent then I would rather wait until next year....If we sign no talented big this year next year we will have hardick, fitz, allen, and honore...not the lineup downlow that you want but fitz and allen will do fine...
I think if you just sign another big thats not above average player he wont be much better than what we already have

Back