Willie rated #1; Tiny #6

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
#1 SG in the nation - Willie Warren

1. Willie Warren, Oklahoma- Willie would have been a sure fire lottery pick had he declared for this years draft. He elected to come back and see where his game stacked up without Blake Griffin. He should get more shots and be the focal point of the offense, but he will also be the focal point of the defense. His looks won’t be as good without Blake attracting double teams. That being said, Willie is up to the challenge and will be the best two guard in America next season. He is an outstanding defender, has unlimited range, can take his defender off the bounce, and will be in the running for the Naismith Award.

Source Link

#6 C in the nation - Keith Tiny Gallon

6. Tiny Gallon, Oklahoma- Their is nothing “tiny” about my man Keith Gallon. He is 6′8 and weighs 300 pounds. With Blake and Taylor Griffin now in the NBA, Keith has a chance to mold the front court in his own style next season. Tiny is a monster underneath. He’s got terrific hands and is a pretty crafty finisher. He needs to shed some weight to allow himself to run the floor with his teammates and remain on the floor for longer stretches. He reminds me a bit of Derrick Character (on the court) coming out of high school. With Willie Warren making shots on the perimeter the floor should be plenty stretched out for Tiny to operate.

:clap

Thanks for the info, BT. 5 years ago if anyone would have told me the OU basketball program would be getting the kind of positive publicity they're getting right now, I would have rolled my eyes.

:clap

Thanks for the info, BT. 5 years ago if anyone would have told me the OU basketball program would be getting the kind of positive publicity they're getting right now, I would have rolled my eyes.

And it's all thanks to Kelvin Sampson

Sid, you count me among those who find this hard to believe as well. Not in my wildest dreams did I imagine a time when OU would be signing and recruiting McDonald's AAs as if they were commonplace. I couldn't be more pleased! :clap

Nice job on the info, BT! :chestram2:

No publicity is bad publicity, of course, but isn't that site just a blog?

I mean, any one of us could post a list of top players, and it would have the same import and influence.

I'm as excited about our program as anyone, but then I've felt that way for more than 25 years, through the successful tenures of Billy Tubbs and, yes, Kelvin Sampson. Getting the stamp of approval from a blogger named Nolan doesn't really raise my levels of enthusiasm and anticipation.

I was pleased with Willie's freshman campaign and I expect big things from him this season, but he's got a lot of growing yet to do before he's the best two guard in the country. Will he make those strides this season? I like to think he will, but it remains to be seen. He's got to show up every night this season, game in and game out. Consistency is what we need from him now, something he's not yet shown.

As for Tiny being the sixth best big man in the country, here's hoping that proves true, too, but I'm not ready to annoint him just yet. Rather than take Nolan's word for it, let's let him earn it on the court. I've seen far too many highly touted freshmen struggle in the early stages of their D-1 careers to rate him that highly before he's taken a single shot for us.

Last edited:
No publicity is bad publicity, of course, but isn't that site just a blog?

I mean, any one of us could post a list of top players, and it would have the same import and influence.

I'm as excited about our program as anyone, but then I've felt that way for more than 25 years, through the successful tenures of Billy Tubbs and, yes, Kelvin Sampson. Getting the stamp of approval from a blogger named named Nolan doesn't really raise my levels of enthusiasm and anticipation.

I was pleased with Willie's freshman campaign and I expect big things from him this season, but he's got a lot of growing yet to do before he's the best two guard in the country. Will he make those strides this season? I like to think he will, but it remains to be seen. He's got to show up every night this season, game in and game out. Consistency is what we need from him now, something he's not yet shown.

As for Tiny being the sixth best big man in the country, here's hoping that proves true, too, but I'm not ready to annoint him just yet. Rather than take Nolan's word for it, let's let him earn it on the court. I've seen far too many highly touted freshmen struggle in the early stages of their D-1 careers to rate him that highly before he's taken a single shot for us.

This.

WW CAN be the best SG in the country this year. However, I'd be shocked if Tiny is the 6th best big man. Blake probably wasn't the 6th best big man his frosh year, so those are some high hopes for Tiny.

I'm not worried at all about Willie. I expect he will have a great year.

Tiny is a question mark with a lot of potential. I don't think we need for him to be the 6th best big man in the country, although if he is, GREAT! If he can score 10-12 pts per game and haul in 6-9 rebounds per game, that will be good enough his first year. Anything beyond that will be gravy.

Because college basketball revolves around the guards, that is who I am focusing on and why I said earlier that I think the key player this year will be Crocker. He has never been as consistent as he needs to be and if he is up and down this year, it will cost us. If it comes down to consistency for Crocker or Tiny, I think the need is much greater for Crocker.

If he can score 10-12 pts per game and haul in 6-9 rebounds per game, that will be good enough his first year. Anything beyond that will be gravy.

Because college basketball revolves around the guards, that is who I am focusing on and why I said earlier that I think the key player this year will be Crocker. He has never been as consistent as he needs to be and if he is up and down this year, it will cost us. If it comes down to consistency for Crocker or Tiny, I think the need is much greater for Crocker.
I think the key player for us this year will be TMG. It has been a long time since we've had a TRUE QB running the team. If Willie continues to work his butt off this summer, his game should be significantly better. With TMG/WW at the guard positions, spacing should not be an issue for Jeff's offense.

As far as TC is concerned, I hope he surprises me but I don't expect much out of him on the offensive end of the floor. He is not a slasher and he's too inconsistent from the perimeter. As long as he shows up every night and plays solid defense, I'll be happy.

And it's all thanks to Kelvin Sampson
You're Dayum right! I knew you were a troublemaker when you didn't show up for the UNC game.

Well dang, I was excited the first time I clicked on this thread...now feeling a bit debbie downer.

Can anyone confirm what Tiny is weighing these days, I thought he was already under 300???

Back