Yahoo!!!!

The Chickasaw Tribe opened up their parameters significantly this week. Loads of friends are signing up for their first shot. I'm on the books for Monday morning.

(Fingers crossed)

One down, one to go. The Pfizer is roaring through my blood stream as I type.

The process could not have been more efficient. I thought I was watching German trains in rush hour Dusseldorf.

I am fully vaccinated thanks to the Chickasaw Nation. No telling how many lives they've saved with their forward thinking.

I got my second Pfizer vaccine on 3/18. I'll be as immune as I can be this Thursday.

I got my second Pfizer vaccine on 3/18. I'll be as immune as I can be this Thursday.

I got my second Pfizer last Thursday, the 25th. Exactly 12 hours after the shot, I started getting the chills. It was a rough night and rough next day. By day three, I was completely normal and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so it's well worth the temporary pain!

The majority of folks I know who've been vaccinated received Pfizer. The reactions to it have covered the entire scope of possibilities. I'd rather not be sicker than a dog, but it damn sure beats the alternative.

I'd rather not be sicker than a dog, but it damn sure beats the alternative.
Just depends. A lot of people had worse reactions to the vaccine than to COVID.
I thankfully didn't have reactions to the vaccine.

Now we just have to hope it lasts awhile

A small bruise on my arm after the second dose. Other than that, nothing. My wife felt like crap for an 8-hour span beginning 12 hours after her second dose. A small price to pay in my opinion.

I hope the yahoos declining the myriad vaccine options don't pay for it with their life. Some things can't be helped.

Got both my shots by Moderna. 1st one was just arm soreness for 2 days, 2nd one got me sick for about 12 hours. Definitely worth it.

The Delta variant is giving the unvaccinated quite a bit of trouble. This could've been avoided for the lion's share of those currently affected.

You can lead a horse to water.....right?

The Delta variant is giving the unvaccinated quite a bit of trouble. This could've been avoided for the lion's share of those currently affected.

You can lead a horse to water.....right?

An article I read several days ago stated that essentially 100% of the people infected with Covid now are unvaccinated. If that stat fails to convince someone that getting the virus could be a lot worse than the minuscule chance the vaccine might cause a problem, nothing will.

My son-in-law's family lives in Pretoria, South Africa. The only people who have been vaccinated are people over 65. His parents have had their first shots, but not their 2nd one yet.

His sister, and everyone else in the law firm where she works, got the Delta varient. She's been sick for over 2 weeks. She was in the hospital for 2 or 3 days but is back home down. Her virus load in her body went from 99 to 11 and her oxygen levels improved so they sent her home. But she still has absolutely no energy and only gets out of bed a couple of times a day. Her husband got it, too, she she got much sicker than him.

An article I read several days ago stated that essentially 100% of the people infected with Covid now are unvaccinated. If that stat fails to convince someone that getting the virus could be a lot worse than the minuscule chance the vaccine might cause a problem, nothing will.

Agree. And at this point, I don't really care. If you have a chance to get the vaccine and choose not too, no sympathy from me

I just don't want one of these unvaccinated mouthbreathers giving it to my kids!

So far so good in the 04 household. I got my booster about six weeks ago and I felt like warmed-over dog**** for about 12 hours. I guess that means the old immune system is in tune, dialed up and ready.

man lots of bad takes in this thread with hindsight.

and with masks

Looks like conservatives were ahead of the schedule on almost every point yet were cancelled for it

man lots of bad takes in this thread with hindsight.

and with masks

Looks like conservatives were ahead of the schedule on almost every point yet were cancelled for it

Yep. Silly, silly comments. I nor most of my family ever got the jab. I had COVID twice that I know of, but most of my vax'd friends and co-workers caught it at least once if not twice themselves.

What a bizarre thread bump. There were a lot of bad takes on this board in hindsight, but not in this thread. The worst two takes were the two posts in 2023.

Back