19U Olympic trial invites announced, No WW?

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Would be a complete joke if this is the case. It says all players aren't confirmed. I hope

Four Big East players have been tabbed to compete in the 24th World University Games July 2-12 in Belgrade, Serbia.

Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan will coach the team and the selection committee was chaired by Syracuse University head coach Jim Boeheim.

Confirmed players for the team include Trevor Booker of Clemson; Da’Sean Butler of West Virginia (pictured); Sherron Collins of Kansas; Mike Davis of Illinois; Devin Ebanks of West Virginia; Corey Fisher of Villanova; Lazar Hayward of Marquette; Robbie Hummel of Purdue; JaJuan Johnson of Purdue; Quincy Pondexter of Washington; Deon Thompson of North Carolina; and Evan Turner of Ohio State.

Also this summer, the 2009 FIBA U19 World Championship will be held July 2-12 in Auckland, New Zealand. The team’s training camp will be held June 16-28 at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Here are the confirmed players for the trials: Tyshawn Taylor of Kansas; Kemba Walker of UConn; Darryl “Truck” Bryant of West Virginia; Larry Drew of North Carolina; Klay Thompson of Washington State; Seth Curry of Duke; Kenny Boynton of Florida; Maalik Wayns of Villanova; Gordon Hayward of Butler; Sylven Landesberg of Virginia; Al Farouq-Aminu of Wake Forest; Howard Thompkins of Georgia; Drew Gordon of UCLA; and Arnett Moultrie of UTEP.

You are absolutely right...this is a joke if no WW.

You guys sure he's not going to be 20 by then? Anyone know his birthday? School status? Start school a year late? Did he get held back in elementary or something? I know plenty of college freshman that turned 20 during the summer.

Collins isn't on the U19 team, he's on a team at the World University Games. People, let's actually read the article.

You guys sure he's not going to be 20 by then? Anyone know his birthday? School status? Start school a year late? Did he get held back in elementary or something? I know plenty of college freshman that turned 20 during the summer.
Willie will be 20 in October.

Perry Ellis has been Selected to be on the first ever 16U USA Basketball Developmental National team.

Back