1st Preseason game OU vs Rogers St 7pm CST

Really like what I am seeing on d. Basically a version of the pack line The 3’s we give up will be above the break

53-32 Sooners at the half.

12/17 from 3. Is there some kind of button we can push to lock that percentage in for the season? :ez-laugh:

Two things:

Defense and rebounding have been sketchy.
Shooting off the charts

Also, Mason is the best pure point on the floor.
Gibson does not have good court vision.

Chargois has been great tonight with that pass out of the post to the opposite side for an open 3.

I don’t think we’ll shoot 12-17 from 3 very often. That’s partially a product of Playing a bad team. Defense and rebounding could be better but there’s a lot to like about this team and it’s the first exhibition game.

Groves and Mo both on fire.

This will happen at some point in the season and they will destroy some one good

Jacob Groves is going to be niiiiiiiiceeee.

Chargois has been great tonight with that pass out of the post to the opposite side for an open 3.

Chag is a bigger inside presence than expected. Between him, EJ, and Noland, there are some dudes out there.

Hope this at least close to the real J Groves. Only saw him play once last year (against KU) and thought he was good but I see him getting much more PT than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this at least close to the real J Groves. Only saw him play once last year (against KU) and thought he was good but I see him getting much more PT than I thought.

I would bet a lot of money that he averages 12 + a game

I realize we're playing Rogers State, but I'm impressed with this team's depth.

Issanza has a decent FT stroke. That alone (along with his size) gives me hope he can provide some quality minutes now and then.

I thought the defense was superb. Rogers State has some talent and hit some tough shots under pressure. Most of the open shots thay had was well beyond the 3 point line. This is going to be a very good defensive team.

They are well coached. Their coach has won 68% of his games there and that is with early games against the big teams thrown in.

Good ball movement on offense. Gibson hardly saw daylight last year but in this offense he got his shots. We will not hit 67% of our treys this season but I think we will hit a lot of them. I expected more offense from Tanner Groves. He did pass the ball well but I didn't feel he was much of a threat on offense.

Some excellent speed on this team. Looks like good depth but hard to be sure against a Div II team.

Moser said that a rotation of the 9 guys with a 10th getting 5 or 6 minutes a game. So who will be the 9? Starting five, sure, Chargois, sure, J Groves, sure. The frosh all looked good. Lot's of speed with Mason and Cortes. Noland a beast. Big Rick looked better than I expected. Maybe he is the 5-6 minute guy. Could help with inside defense.

No Johnson tonight and not a lot from Mawein although he looked good on the basket he hit.

And I think we will get better. This the kind of team and system that people will want to play in.

He came in later, but man I really liked Bijan's PG instincts. He can really find the open man. He blew past some dudes too. Hope he finds minutes or redshirts..

He came in later, but man I really liked Bijan's PG instincts. He can really find the open man. He blew past some dudes too. Hope he finds minutes or redshirts..

I think you’ll see everyone except mawein and big rick consistently. Maybe not every game but they’ll all play stretches. We’ve got 11 solid d-1 players. Maybe no stars, but depth is going to make us consistent.

Back