2012 OU recruit Zach Peters taking unofficial visits

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Looks like OU's coaching staff has some works to do.

Now Peters and his traveling partner – Randle – are set to visit Kentucky this weekend for the Wildcats match up against Arkansas. Following that visit, he’ll head to Kansas and Oklahoma within the next month.

Peters listed a top six of North Carolina, Texas, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma and Baylor. He said of the schools on his list, he has built better relationships with the coaching staffs at UNC and Texas.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/940028.html

Peters listed a top six of North Carolina, Texas, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma and Baylor.

Okay if he's listing a top six and taking visits, then he is not committed,and he has built a relationship with the whorns??? Don't commit to the Sooners and build a relationship with texass.

It's a long way to go for this kid. He and Perry Ellis are the top two regional guys in that class and top ten nationally. OU has to position themselves to get one or the others on this kid.

UNC will be really tough to beat for Zach Peters if they make him their target. Word on the street is that he has been enthralled with them for years. But he's young and a lot can change between now and 2012.

UNC will be really tough to beat for Zach Peters if they make him their target. Word on the street is that he has been enthralled with them for years. But he's young and a lot can change between now and 2012.

He's had as much contact with OU as any school and I believe their is a family link. Also, Richard Peters has reclassified for 2012. That's big for OU. You have your center in place for 2012, all you need to do is get your PF and a PG.

I honestly don't think that UNC or Texas will end up offering Zach. OU will have as good of a shot as any school on his list.

Peters' parents went to OU, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Peters' parents went to OU, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes, and his AAU coach is former OU great, Jeff Webster. Zach has been to several of OU's premier camps in the past, but was unable to attend this year.

Zach has a lot of skills for a kid of his size. I think he would fit in very well at the power forward spot for a team like Oklahoma or Baylor due to his ability to shoot from the perimeter and handle the basketball.

It will be interesting to see if North Carolina or Texas offers him a scholarship.

Didn't we have a football player, Zac Peters, who helped us get on to probation? Something about getting shot.

Back