2014-15 Roster (as of 4/3/2014)

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
OU MEN’S BASKETBALL
2014-15 Roster
(11 scholarship players as of 4/3/2014)

Senior (1 Scholarship Player)
> D.J. Bennett ... 6-8, 212, F ... Orland Park, Illinois / Indian Hills CC, Iowa

Juniors (4)
> Ryan Spangler ... 6-8, 232, F ... Bridge Creek, OK / Gonzaga
> Buddy Hield .. 6-4, 208, G .. Wichita, KS (Sunrise Christian) / Bahamas
> Jelon Hornbeak ... 6-4, 184, G ... Arlington, TX (Grace Prep. Academy)
> Isaiah Cousins ... 6-4, 186, G ... Mount Vernon, NY

Sophomores (3)
> Jordan Woodard ... 6-0, 185, PG ... Edmond, OK (Memorial HS)
> Frank Booker ... 6’4, 198, SG ... Augusta, Georgia
> C.J. Cole ... 6-7, 228, F ... Sperry, OK

Freshmen (3)
> Dante Buford … 6-7, 210, PF … Jacksonville, Florida
> Khadeem Lattin … 6-9, 210, F … Houston, TX / Canarius Basketball Acad.
> Jamuni McNeace … 6-9, 205, C … Allen, Texas

Backcourt
> Isaiah Cousins ... 6-4, 186, G, Junior
> Buddy Hield ... 6-4, 208, G, Junior
> Jelon Hornbeak ... 6-4, 184, G, Junior
> Jordan Woodard ... 6-0, 185, PG, Sophomore
> Frank Booker ... 6’4, 198, SG, Sophomore

Frontcourt
> D.J. Bennett ... 6-8, 212, F, Senior
> Ryan Spangler ... 6-8, 232, F, Junior
> C.J. Cole ... 6-7, 228, F, Sophomore
> Dante Buford … 6-7, 210, PF, Freshman
> Khadeem Lattin … 6-9, 210, F, Freshman
> Jamuni McNeace … 6-9, 205, C, Freshman

Current Walk-on Players
> James Fraschilla ... Senior, 5-10,153, G ... Dallas Highland Park
> Daniel Harper … Soph, 6-1, 176, G … Norman, OK
> Austin Mankin … Soph, 6-7, 197, F … Coppell, TX
> Trey Slate … Soph, 6-1, 202, G … Gore, OK
> Bola Alade … Freshman, 6-5, 185, SG … Plano, TX

Are there limits on the number of walk-ons you can have? 5 seems like too many...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there limits on the number of walk-ons you can have? 5 seems like too many...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limit is 13 scholarship players and no limit on walk-ons as long as the total roster is no more than 20 players

Probably a question for Gary, but is there any way that Cole contributes this year (or any year?).

Probably a question for Gary, but is there any way that Cole contributes this year (or any year?).

Define contributes. If you a referring to in game impact, probably not. But he can have an impact by working harder in the weight room and gym to get better, and in the class room. Those things you will never see on a court but help a team and helps motivates others to work harder.

I've expressed my opinion on CJ before. He isn't some stiff or a terrible basketball player. He just isn't currently as good as those getting the minutes.

I wouldn't predict that he will someday work his way into a 8/9 man rotation. But, I wouldn't rule out the chance that he could contribute some as time goes along.

I've expressed my opinion on CJ before. He isn't some stiff or a terrible basketball player. He just isn't currently as good as those getting the minutes.

I wouldn't predict that he will someday work his way into a 8/9 man rotation. But, I wouldn't rule out the chance that he could contribute some as time goes along.

I thought the walk-on Mankin looked better than Cole last year.

The kid is expendable if we land that great recruiting class. You are not hurting the kid by bringing someone else in and having him as a walk-on. He's already has an academic scholarship.

I personally think its great to have a kid that can allow us to have 14 guys on the roster. But as of right now, we still have 2 available scholarships for next season so until it becomes an issue...its not one.

The kid is expendable if we land that great recruiting class. You are not hurting the kid by bringing someone else in and having him as a walk-on. He's already has an academic scholarship.

I personally think its great to have a kid that can allow us to have 14 guys on the roster. But as of right now, we still have 2 available scholarships for next season so until it becomes an issue...its not one.

I don't understand you. CJ had a full ride offer from Davidson when Kruger called him and offered a walkon status the 1st year and then an athletic scholarship the next when he had one available.

The kid does everything right, works his butt off, and improves the team's GPA. I doubt that the NCAA allows schools to flop players back and forth from athletic to academic scholarships.

I don't think CJ is expendable. I don't want my Coach jerking players around. If Kruger can't find 12 better players that are good enough to win, then CJ was Kruger's mistake and he needs to live with it.

I don't want my Coach jerking players around. If Kruger can't find 12 better players that are good enough to win, then CJ was Kruger's mistake and he needs to live with it.

Agreed. It's one thing to question his initial signing, another to yank a kid's scholarship.

Back