2024-25 Schedule News

As a Moser disliker I would absolutely give him props if he learned from last year and scheduled a tougher noncon schedule.
Likewise. I can't stand him as a coach, but gave him credit last season for upgrading the athletic ability. Sadly, we have since lost 3 of our 4 best athletes and our roster this year will be much less athletic (hopefully not as bad as two years ago).

They gradually evolve over the years, but the emphasis on noncon SOS had been consistent for many years. Unless you believe that Lon Kruger and Bill Self are clairvoyant and/or simply got lucky a decade ago when they began crafting schedules designed to play to the system, it's safe to say this knowledge has been out there for many years.
But as Tevans pointed out, Moser and Krugers nonconf sos isn't that different

But as Tevans pointed out, Moser and Krugers nonconf sos isn't that different
His own graph showed otherwise, and he admitted that he was just offering his opinion. Go back and look at the graph and check the noncon SOS. Kruger's noncon SOS in most years was rated WAY better than Moser's. Even including the first year, when Lon's team did play a bad schedule, his average noncon SOS was 121.6. Moser is at 202.67 through last season, and with all the terrible teams on this year's schedule, it figures to get even worse. 80+ spots is a huge difference.

You honestly still don't understand this? The way he schedules is what is ruining our tournament hopes. We were apparently the last team cut from the tourney. Replace a single NET 300 team with a reasonable opponent, and we would have likely made the tourney even though we couldn't beat the good teams in our league. You keep pointing to the number of noncon wins as if the raw number matters. This isn't 1995. We KNOW the committee looks an noncon SOS as a major factor. Instead of learning a lesson from what the committee did last season, Moser chose to hold a news conference, whine, pretend like there was no way of knowing what the committee wants, and then went out and created a schedule far worse than last season's horrible schedule.

I get what youre saying... weve been down this road.

Do what we need to do in conference and itll take care of itself!

but instead you beat and beat this horse...

8 cupcakes
5 solids
top 3 conference for basketball....

Its fine.

I get what youre saying... weve been down this road.

Do what we need to do in conference and itll take care of itself!

but instead you beat and beat this horse...

8 cupcakes
5 solids

Its fine.
If you could offer a single piece of evidence for the "it's fine," I would be happy to reconsider. But the reality is that not only is it not fine, it is precisely why we missed out last season. And if PM was capable of learning that very basis lesson, there would be no need to beat a dead horse. Instead, he is testing the old definition of insanity by doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results.

His own graph showed otherwise, and he admitted that he was just offering his opinion. Go back and look at the graph and check the noncon SOS. Kruger's noncon SOS in most years was rated WAY better than Moser's. Even including the first year, when Lon's team did play a bad schedule, his average noncon SOS was 121.6. Moser is at 202.67 through last season, and with all the terrible teams on this year's schedule, it figures to get even worse. 80+ spots is a huge difference.
You are right. I looked at the wrong table that took out Krugers 2 toughest years

If you could offer a single piece of evidence for the "it's fine," I would be happy to reconsider. But the reality is that not only is it not fine, it is precisely why we missed out last season. And if PM was capable of learning that very basis lesson, there would be no need to beat a dead horse. Instead, he is testing the old definition of insanity by doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results.
Evidence?

Win all you conf games and you’re in. It’s not that hard to understand.

8 cupcakes
5 solids

Its fine.
I could not disagree more. There's a reason we don't see Fang Mitchell anymore. We're giving away 100 points of team ranking....why? There is no reason to be scraping the bottom of the barrel by playing these squads. We'd be better off playing fewer games. We've seen the same conference results year after year (8-10, 7-11) but Lon was able to snag us 8 and 9 seeds in the Tournament because the schedule didn't suck. Moser is playing the dregs of society and we're left holding the bag on Selection Sunday.

I could not disagree more. There's a reason we don't see Fang Mitchell anymore. We're giving away 100 points of team ranking....why? There is no reason to be scraping the bottom of the barrel by playing these squads. We'd be better off playing fewer games. We've seen the same conference results year after year (8-10, 7-11) but Lon was able to snag us 8 and 9 seeds in the Tournament because the schedule didn't suck. Moser is playing the dregs of society and we're left holding the bag on Selection Sunday.
Everything you said is invalidated by saying we are better off not playing. Ridiculous

Honestly, if lon was our coach the last three years with the exact same resume, we would prob have been in the dance two of the last three years. Or if we had a superstar on the team

the schedule last season was (barely) good enough. We ended up getting bit by an insane amount of bid stealers and a biased committee. That was an outlier.

Having said that, this year’s schedule is not good enough imo. Ou will need to win 10 games in conference to make it imo. That’s more doable in the sec.

the schedule last season was (barely) good enough. We ended up getting bit by an insane amount of bid stealers and a biased committee. That was an outlier.

Having said that, this year’s schedule is not good enough imo. Ou will need to win 10 games in conference to make it imo. That’s more doable in the sec.
The committee was biased?

Grammar police. Universal sign you’re defeated.
Oh gosh you can’t dispute any argument. Just jump straight to the “grammar police.” You got nothing man. You know Moser did a shitty job once again of putting the schedule together but you refuse to admit it. It’s fans like you that keep the program down. “Just give him another year.” “It’s not his fault.” “The committee totally screwed OU” Blah blah blah excuses. Well eventually you won’t have anything to say when Moser leaves the program in the dumps.

Likewise. I can't stand him as a coach, but gave him credit last season for upgrading the athletic ability. Sadly, we have since lost 3 of our 4 best athletes and our roster this year will be much less athletic (hopefully not as bad as two years ago)
You seem to waste a lot of energy on something you have no control over?

You seem to waste a lot of energy on something you have no control over?
Abe, I’m not sure you’re aware, but it’s a message board. No one on here has control over anything related to the basketball program, yet last I check, we were still allowed to discuss things and express our thoughts. And it doesn’t really take much of my energy, because anyone with a brain can figure out our schedule sucks without expending any energy.

One good thing for Porter is that if Venables continues to do as poor a job as he’s doing, Porter will keep flying under the radar.

Back