A big key for next year

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
is for Cade Davis to really step up and be a leader on and off the court that this team is lacking this year. He has hinted that he needs to do more of this year during a couple of press conferences. I truly believe that he has the respect of most (if not all) of the guys on the team.

It is time for Cade to step up and make this his team next year.

is for Cade Davis to really step up and be a leader on and off the court that this team is lacking this year. He has hinted that he needs to do more of this year during a couple of press conferences. I truly believe that he has the respect of most (if not all) of the guys on the team.

It could get a bit embarassing for a little white kid to be the leader. I am not sure OU's other players and fans could handle it. Will he be allowed to talk smack while he leads?

It could get a bit embarassing for a little white kid to be the leader. I am not sure OU's other players and fans could handle it. Will he be allowed to talk smack while he leads?

Are you just trying to start stuff with the other posters? Why post this man?

Are you just trying to start stuff with the other posters? Why post this man?

If you don't understand why I wrote this, perhaps you should work on your reading comprehenision and long term memory. There is more than enough contain in the post to refresh your memory.

I'm not sure it's that easy. If Cade were that kind of leader, he'd be doing it this year. Not bagging on the kid at all, I think he tries to lead through example, I just don't see him being the kind of leader that say, Eduardo Najera was. Of course, I don't think Hollis was a very vocal leader either.

One other thing.....

I'm not sure one "chooses" to be a leader. I think how it usually works out, is the others choose to follow someone they respect. The problem hasn't been Crocker and Cade this year, and their lack of leading. It's been that guys like TMG, Tiny, and even WW to a degree, haven't fallen in line.

JMO, of course.

Hollis was a great leader, more by example. He was so well-respected among the players, he didn't have to get in their grills, they just didn't want to let him down...Time to give up the "white" comments, Denver.

I'm not sure it's that easy. If Cade were that kind of leader, he'd be doing it this year. Not bagging on the kid at all, I think he tries to lead through example, I just don't see him being the kind of leader that say, Eduardo Najera was. Of course, I don't think Hollis was a very vocal leader either.

While I agree that this team does not have a clear-cut leader, Cade has been the closest thing to one we've had all year. If nothing else, he has led by example in how hard he plays game in and game out. Tony plays hard, too. But good leaders have to keep their temper and their emotions under control, and he has not always done that.

It will be interesting to see if one of the returning players steps up and assumes a leadership role next season. Hopefully, someone will. The absence of a true leader has really hurt us this year.

I think the problem this year, hasn't been the lack of leaders as much as a lack of followers. Cade was a vocal leader in high school. If anything, there may be too many competing "leaders", with different agendas.

I hope that the biggest lesson this team learns this year is one of humility. I don't have any inside information, so this is strictly an inference, but I think we have had way too much individual ego on this team, and that is what has been so destructive to team chemistry. I'm not going to pin that on any single player, either, because I think at different times it has been different players. Regardless, who ever comes back to play next year, needs to check their egos at the door, not read their press clippings, forget about the NBA, and play with the sole purpose of winning, each time they take the floor. If they do that, the other things will take care of themselves.

I think the problem this year, hasn't been the lack of leaders as much as a lack of followers. Cade was a vocal leader in high school. If anything, there may be too many competing "leaders", with different agendas.

I hope that the biggest lesson this team learns this year is one of humility. I don't have any inside information, so this is strictly an inference, but I think we have had way too much individual ego on this team, and that is what has been so destructive to team chemistry. I'm not going to pin that on any single player, either, because I think at different times it has been different players. Regardless, who ever comes back to play next year, needs to check their egos at the door, not read their press clippings, forget about the NBA, and play with the sole purpose of winning, each time they take the floor. If they do that, the other things will take care of themselves.

Great post, Shooter. I think you are spot on with your inference.

Excellent points and a great post, Shooter!!! :clap

I wouldn't mind seeing Cade Redshirt. It may sound crazy, but I'd like him to get better and be at the top of his game for a better 2011 team.

Two Words came to my mind after reading this

Ryan Minor

that is all

Back