A True Dedication: Tisdale Court

Hosher

Reaction score
Besides retiring his number, I can't think of a better way to honor an outstanding individual (not just player, but individual) than by naming our basketball floor Tisdale Court. I'd even go for Tisdale Arena.

This is no disrespect to Alvin Adams, who may have built the court. Simply, Tisdale filled it (and then some).

A legend, simply an amazing legend.

Hopefully OU's court will become Wayman Tisdale Court... Email Joe C., see what he thinks.

Hopefully OU's court will become Wayman Tisdale Court... Email Joe C., see what he thinks.

I think it would be a great idea. It would be the "safe" choice without having to choose between Tubbs and Sampson (and hopefully one day Capel).

Does anyone have Castiglione's email address?

I say as many people as possible should email him.

I think it would be a great idea. It would be the "safe" choice without having to choose between Tubbs and Sampson (and hopefully one day Capel).

easy choice b/ween Billy and Kelvin, IMO.

that said, Tisdale Court is a great idea.

We already know that the jersey's will have a tribute to Wayman, having either a little 23 patch or WT patch.

Wayman would be the BEST choice by far. I'm all for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a great idea - for all that Wayman accomplished both on the court and off of it. I can't think of a more deserving candidate.

I also think it would be a great idea if this thread stays about Wayman and doesn't veer off into an ugly direction.

I think that would be a fitting tribute and totally appropriate.

I also agree with the commerative 23 patch that should be on the OU jerseys next season and feel 23 should be permanently retired.

Thought the same thing when I heard he had passed.
Hoped that they would name the court after him.

Back