Arkansas question

Krugerfan52

Reaction score
I noticed that Arkansas won by 25 tonight (against a creampuff) without Rotnei Clark or Courtney Fortson, their starting backcourt from last year. Does anybody know if and when those guys will be back?

I would think they could compete in SEC play, especially in their division where they only play Kentucky, Florida and Tennesse once and get the Auburns and LSU's of the world twice. But without them they will probably finish around 2-14 like they did last year. It would be nice if they could pull it together and have a decent season so they don't kill our RPI.

I'm not sure Fortson is ever coming back.

Last edited:
I noticed that Arkansas won by 25 tonight (against a creampuff) without Rotnei Clark or Courtney Fortson, their starting backcourt from last year. Does anybody know if and when those guys will be back?

I would think they could compete in SEC play, especially in their division where they only play Kentucky, Florida and Tennesse once and get the Auburns and LSU's of the world twice. But without them they will probably finish around 2-14 like they did last year. It would be nice if they could pull it together and have a decent season so they don't kill our RPI.

They were awful last year with those guys, I see no reason for it to change...especially after what I saw in Norman.

Pelphrey said Fortson would not play against Stephen F Austin. But I believe he is practicing. He will probably be back against Missouri State on Dec 22nd or Baylor Dec 30th. Clarke didn't play due to tendinitis in the knee.

They have also had their best player- big man Washington- out for some games due to back problems. They could be a middle of the pack SEC team this year if they get all of their pieces back. There is talent there with Clarke, Fortson and Washington.

Back