Big 12 North vs. Big 12 South

Top 25 isn't even seemingly decent. And going into Mizzou and barely losing proves nothing. In case you don't know, Mizzou has the 2nd longest home winning streak in the nation behind KU. That says something about winning on the road in the North. Trying to win on the road in the North is no easy task.

I do believe the last home loss for Mizzou was given to the Tigers by none other than Sean Sutton, Esq.

Winning the regular season is more important because it's a better barometer of who the best team is in most respects. You could argue that if the schedule is imbalanced that it's not always true but it is a MUCH better indicator than a conference tournament.

That's why there are two different titles awarded: Regular Season Conference Champions and Tournament Champions. They are two separate things.

I'd much rather win the regular season championship than the conference tournament.

Winning the regular season is more important because it's a better barometer of who the best team is in most respects. You could argue that if the schedule is imbalanced that it's not always true but it is a MUCH better indicator than a conference tournament.

I agree.

The automatic bid goes to the tourney winner for a reason. It's not just to get another team in, and it rarely works out that way.

Sure it is. And to sell tickets to the Big 12 tourney. It gives all 12 teams hope of getting into the Big Dance. It makes the tournament more relevant.

Back