Big 12 predictions

They are in total rebuild mode, of course they lost a lot of games. Its not like I am picking them to win the conference, I have them 9th. They add some contributors to Higgins, Thorne, Tomlinson, and Dufault. They are going to be better.

Hibbert, Adams, and Middleton are going to be good players. They are going to be really tough in the post. They have 4 starters back from a pretty solid NCAA Tournament team.

With those other ball hogs gone, look for Lace Dunn to take 25 shots a game next year.

At least it will be his team. Hell, four or five of them thought they were the franchise player last year (when we all knew it was Kevin Rogers! lol @ scott drew).

9th does not make you a good team. I have them finishing a few spots ahead of last year, because I think they will get better and I think Bzdelik is a good coach. The Australian and guard from Missouri are supposed to be legit.

:eek:ldwt356:

:bigtime <---- This guy would go insane.

Hey fatty, remember when I used to send you hateful pms and you would respond with one word nonsensical replies (like grapefruit)? I was so naive.....*sigh*

yeah man. deep down inside, i was hurt. just didn't want to show it.

yeah man. deep down inside, i was hurt. just didn't want to show it.

I just thought that KU and KSU fans were one in the same. Again, so naive. *double sigh*. I've learned from my ways, fatty.

1.) Kansas
2.) Texas
3.) Kansas State
4.) Oklahoma
5.) Oklahoma State
6.) Texas A&M
7.) Missouri
8.) Baylor
9.) Nebraska
10.) Texas Tech
11.) Iowa State
12.) Colorado

With those other ball hogs gone, look for Lace Dunn to take 25 shots a game next year.

Ball hogs? Lace didn't record his first big 12 assist this year until the big 12 tourney.

I think A&M will be good even though I still think turg is bad. A sophomore holmes, will be as good or better than a senior carter, so they don't lose much there IMO.

I think OU, OSU, MU all have a few things to figure out before you can really say how good they will be.

Baylor will be another talented mess again, though Udoh should give them some sort of defense prowess.

TT will be better, but Knight will find a way to slow them down.

KSU should be a pretty good team.

UT is interesting to look at. If James were to leave it would become even more so.

BT, this is about how I would rank them. If we happen to get KJ qualified, I like the 3 spot that DM places OSU. But we'll need to see how PG shakes out before I'll be confident at all.

KState is the team I'm most concerned about.

Texas seems like the team to beat, but I'm not sold on Jai Lucas as a "great" PG. IMO, he's over-hyped.

If KJ qualifies, he'll be so far behind he won't be able to contribute.

1.) Kansas
2.) OU
3.) OSU
4.) Texas
5.) K-State
6.) Texas A&M
7.) Missouri
8.) Baylor
9.) Nebraska
10.) Colorado
11.) Iowa State
12.) Texas Tech

Why no respect for A&M? Most of the board (myself included) were all over Turgeon last season too and they ended up doing better than any of us thought they would. They ended the season very well and put a beating on BYU in the first round.

They are going to be pretty talented this year.

I don't actually see all the excitement about Texas. Jeez, their chemistry sucks.

1.) Kansas
2.) OU
3.) OSU
4.) Texas
5.) K-State
6.) Texas A&M
7.) Missouri
8.) Baylor
9.) Nebraska
10.) Colorado
11.) Iowa State
12.) Texas Tech

Really, I think it's KU at 1, then the next 6 who knows but slight edge to Texas, then the last 5 I'll let you guys squabble over positioning. Still way early.

1. Kansas
2. OU
3. Kansas State
4. Texas
5-12. Who cares.

Because they have a lot of talent.

They had a lot of talent last year and finished 6th.
At this point they have less experienced talent next year than this year.
I just don't see their freshmen recruits replacing Abrams, James & Atchley and playing at a higher level. I don't see it. Even if James decides to come back I think they struggle a bit. Chemistry is just bad.

They had a lot of talent last year and finished 6th.
At this point they have less experienced talent next year than this year.
I just don't see their freshmen recruits replacing Abrams, James & Atchley and playing at a higher level. I don't see it. Even if James decides to come back I think they struggle a bit. Chemistry is just bad.

Their 'chemistry' will be near what Kansas was this year, with more talented freshmen coming in.

Abrams' was experienced yes, but Bradley will average as many points and be a MUCH better overall player. Hamilton will be a better post presence than James, and besides rebounding, arguably a better all-around player.

Their talent level next year will easily trump this year's squad. Adding in Jai Lucas only further solidifies the squad.

Their 'chemistry' will be near what Kansas was this year, with more talented freshmen coming in.

Abrams' was experienced yes, but Bradley will average as many points and be a MUCH better overall player. Hamilton will be a better post presence than James, and besides rebounding, arguably a better all-around player.

Their talent level next year will easily trump this year's squad. Adding in Jai Lucas only further solidifies the squad.

Jai Lucas gives them outside shooting that they desperately need. Sad to say, but I think the odd man out in that team is Jusitn Mason. He's a great glue guy, but his lack of shooting in the end will put him on the bench down the stretch.

I am not a big fan of their recruiting class.

Why not? A&M signed a great class, especially when you consider their needs and what they have returning.

NAJI HIBBERT, G, 6-5, 180, Baltimore, Md. (DeMatha Catholic HS)
Hibbert is a 6-foot-5 guard from Dematha Catholic High School, long regarded as one of the nation' top prep programs. He is ranked No. 59 nationally by ESPN.com and is rated as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com. Hibbert earned all-league and all-metro honors as a junior after averaging 17.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.1 steals per game. Hibbert also was recruited by Syracuse, Marquette, Maryland, Clemson, Xavier and Miami.

KHRIS MIDDLETON, F, 6-7, 195, South Charleston, S.C. (Porter-Gaud School)
Middleton, a 6-foot-7 forward from Porter-Gaud School, is rated No. 64 by ESPN.com, which also ranks him as the best shooter among the nation's small forward prospects. Middleton averaged 21.0 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.3 assists as a junior, earning state player of the year honors (Class 3A SCISA). Middleton also was recruited by Syracuse, Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Clemson, Michigan, Tennessee, St. Joseph, Charlotte, Oklahoma, Georgia, SMU and Georgia Tech.

"Middleton is a thin, wiry athlete who uses his explosiveness to enhance his game. He is a long-range shooter with NBA 3-point range. His range and accuracy could make him one of the top offensive players in the Class of 2009."-ESPN.com

KOURTNEY ROBERSON, F, 6-9, 215, Arcadia, La. (Arcadia HS)
Roberson, a 6-foot-9 forward from Arcadia High School, is the half-brother of Bernard King, A&M's all-time leading scorer who played from 1999-03. Rated No. 87 nationally by ESPN.com, Roberson earned first-team all-state honors as a junior after averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds in leading his team to the state semifinals. He earned first-team all-state honors and is regarded by some publications as the top prospect in Louisiana this year. Roberson also was recruited by LSU, Southern California, West Virginia, Texas and Louisiana Tech.

Ray Turner
A 6-foot-8 forward from Jones High School, Turner is ranked No. 144 nationally by Rivals.com and is regarded as one of the top prospects in Texas. He averaged 16.0 points, 9.5 rebounds and 4.5 blocks as a junior."Ray is the sleeper of the class," Gibbons said. "I believe that when his senior season is complete he could be a top 100 player in the country. Ray is a superb athlete with excellent court speed. He is a bit under the radar nationally but could end up being the player with the most potential in this signing class."

Jeremy Adams (6'5'' 200)
A 6-5 guard, Adams is rated as the No. 2 player in Mississippi after averaging 27.2 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 4.2 steals this season at Madison Central High School. He had three 40-point scoring games and earned all-division, all-metro and all-state honors. Adams also was recruited by Arkansas, Virginia, Kentucky, Georgetown, Alabama and Georgia. "Jeremy is true shooting guard who can really fill it up," ESPN.com Recruiting Coordinator Reggie Rankin said. "He's had a few 40-point games for Madison Central this season, which doesn't come as a surprise.
 He can shoot the 3-pointer, he can come off screens, he can hit mid-range jump shots, he can take smaller defenders to the hoop and he can even post-up in the right scenarios. Bottom line is he's a natural scorer."

Why not? A&M signed a great class, especially when you consider their needs and what they have returning.

NAJI HIBBERT, G, 6-5, 180, Baltimore, Md. (DeMatha Catholic HS)
Hibbert is a 6-foot-5 guard from Dematha Catholic High School, long regarded as one of the nation' top prep programs. He is ranked No. 59 nationally by ESPN.com and is rated as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com. Hibbert earned all-league and all-metro honors as a junior after averaging 17.0 points, 6.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 2.1 steals per game. Hibbert also was recruited by Syracuse, Marquette, Maryland, Clemson, Xavier and Miami.

KHRIS MIDDLETON, F, 6-7, 195, South Charleston, S.C. (Porter-Gaud School)
Middleton, a 6-foot-7 forward from Porter-Gaud School, is rated No. 64 by ESPN.com, which also ranks him as the best shooter among the nation's small forward prospects. Middleton averaged 21.0 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.3 assists as a junior, earning state player of the year honors (Class 3A SCISA). Middleton also was recruited by Syracuse, Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Clemson, Michigan, Tennessee, St. Joseph, Charlotte, Oklahoma, Georgia, SMU and Georgia Tech.

"Middleton is a thin, wiry athlete who uses his explosiveness to enhance his game. He is a long-range shooter with NBA 3-point range. His range and accuracy could make him one of the top offensive players in the Class of 2009."-ESPN.com

KOURTNEY ROBERSON, F, 6-9, 215, Arcadia, La. (Arcadia HS)
Roberson, a 6-foot-9 forward from Arcadia High School, is the half-brother of Bernard King, A&M's all-time leading scorer who played from 1999-03. Rated No. 87 nationally by ESPN.com, Roberson earned first-team all-state honors as a junior after averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds in leading his team to the state semifinals. He earned first-team all-state honors and is regarded by some publications as the top prospect in Louisiana this year. Roberson also was recruited by LSU, Southern California, West Virginia, Texas and Louisiana Tech.

Ray Turner
A 6-foot-8 forward from Jones High School, Turner is ranked No. 144 nationally by Rivals.com and is regarded as one of the top prospects in Texas. He averaged 16.0 points, 9.5 rebounds and 4.5 blocks as a junior."Ray is the sleeper of the class," Gibbons said. "I believe that when his senior season is complete he could be a top 100 player in the country. Ray is a superb athlete with excellent court speed. He is a bit under the radar nationally but could end up being the player with the most potential in this signing class."

Jeremy Adams (6'5'' 200)
A 6-5 guard, Adams is rated as the No. 2 player in Mississippi after averaging 27.2 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.2 assists and 4.2 steals this season at Madison Central High School. He had three 40-point scoring games and earned all-division, all-metro and all-state honors. Adams also was recruited by Arkansas, Virginia, Kentucky, Georgetown, Alabama and Georgia. "Jeremy is true shooting guard who can really fill it up," ESPN.com Recruiting Coordinator Reggie Rankin said. "He's had a few 40-point games for Madison Central this season, which doesn't come as a surprise.
 He can shoot the 3-pointer, he can come off screens, he can hit mid-range jump shots, he can take smaller defenders to the hoop and he can even post-up in the right scenarios. Bottom line is he's a natural scorer."

We have to be tempered about these classes. Some of these guys are still a mystery. I think everyone knows what's going to come about of guys like TMG, Tiny, Elijah Johnson, and Bradley, but some of these guys are still unknowns. Dash Harris was a top 50 guy for A&M last year, but he was less than stellar, and I think he's not going to be good enough to replace Carter. BJ Holmes is the guy for A&M who's going to make a big jump. Elonu is going to be another guy who's going to benefit from the lack of Griffin, James, and Brackins being in the conference.

We have to be tempered about these classes. Some of these guys are still a mystery. I think everyone knows what's going to come about of guys like TMG, Tiny, Elijah Johnson, and Bradley, but some of these guys are still unknowns. Dash Harris was a top 50 guy for A&M last year, but he was less than stellar, and I think he's not going to be good enough to replace Carter. BJ Holmes is the guy for A&M who's going to make a big jump. Elonu is going to be another guy who's going to benefit from the lack of Griffin, James, and Brackins being in the conference.

They are all a mystery, but I have a hard time believing an entire class just wont be any good, lol. They have 4 starters and some good bench guys back from last year, and these recruits will surely help.

Here's how I would put them:
  1. Kansas
  2. Texas
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Kansas St.
  5. Oklahoma St.
  6. Texas A&M
  7. Missouri
  8. Nebraska
  9. Baylor
  10. Colorado
  11. Iowa St.
  12. Texas Tech

It depends on how OU's youth movement pans out whether OU will finish at the top of the middle pack or down towards Texas A&M. Kansas and Texas are the top by far, I think. I think losing Abrams and getting Bradley will help Texas quite a bit. Abrams was massively overrated.

Back