Big 12 Tournament Day 5 #1 Houston vs #7 ISU in the final

Kstate with a big win over the imaginary birds after getting embarrassed by ou. Gotta love the big12.

KU’s only conference road win so far is at OSU. They still have @tech, @OU, @Baylor, and @UH. They could win several of those; but could also lose all of them which is what I hope happens.

Kstate with a big win over the imaginary birds after getting embarrassed by ou. Gotta love the big12.
I'm done trying to prognosticate and figure out what is going to happen in this conference. Even game to game....I have no clue what is going to transpire. I guess I will just sit back and hope for the best regarding OU. I learned a long time ago in business that "hope is not a strategy", but we as fans have no control....especially when you are relying on 20 year-olds to be consistent. I "hope" we can knock off BYU and find an identity along the way as the season progresses, but even the good Lord has to be scratching his head at this point.....in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit...Amen.

Houston is blowing Okie State out as expected.

Iowa State jumped on Horn early.

Iowa State 36 Texas 19 at halftime in Austin.

Houston 69 Okie State 42 8 minutes left.

Houston won 79-63

ISU is still up 15 on Texas

Texas is making their run on Iowa State but it's getting late in that one. ISU up 5.

Tech leads Baylor 30-27 in the first half.

ISU beat Texas 70-65

Texas falls to 4-6 has road games against Houston, Tech, Baylor and Kansas left on their schedule.

They have probably been better on road than at home.
Yep....they will probably find a way to win at least one of those road games, but will make up for it by dropping another home game at some point. They are 1-4 at home and 3-2 on the road in conference.

Last edited:
Kelvin went nuclear & got tossed.
Really odd time to go that nuclear, e.g. 5 minutes into the 2nd half with a 20 point lead (49-29). Yes, his guy was getting fouled, but TV guys said it was the first time in 10 seasons at UH that he's been tossed. I wonder if he saw an opportunity to give Kellen some head coaching experience in a game he knew they wouldn't lose.

Really odd time to go that nuclear, e.g. 5 minutes into the 2nd half with a 20 point lead (49-29). Yes, his guy was getting fouled, but TV guys said it was the first time in 10 seasons at UH that he's been tossed. I wonder if he saw an opportunity to give Kellen some head coaching experience in a game he knew they wouldn't lose.
I think that because the game was locked up, he probably felt like there was no reason not to stand up for his player. I didn't get to see most of the game, but would guess he was probably upset about other calls, and when that happened with a huge lead, he figured he would back his guy and take the ejection.

Years of pent-up rage from bad calls against OSU.

I think that because the game was locked up, he probably felt like there was no reason not to stand up for his player. I didn't get to see most of the game, but would guess he was probably upset about other calls, and when that happened with a huge lead, he figured he would back his guy and take the ejection.
I think he wanted to see if Kellen would run the picket fence or if he’d get caught watching the paint dry. Tough love.

Back