Big games this weekend (and Monday) for the Big 12

thebigabd

Reaction score
Oklahoma at VCU
Kansas State vs. Mississippi (in Puerto Rico)
Oklahoma State vs. North Texas
Iowa vs. Texas (in Kansas City)
Colorado vs. Gonzaga (in Maui)

Is North Texas good this year? because recent memory casts them in an abysmal light...

I wouldn't be surprised to see North Texas give OSU a really good game.

North Texas could be a tough game for OSU.... They are made up of all juniors and seniors and have a couple of real nice players in Josh White, George Odufuwa, and Tristan Thompson.

PG: Josh White - Averaging 27 points a game through 2 games this year... Earned All-Sun Belt Tournament Team honors after averaging 20.0 points per game on 52.8 percent shooting and 4.3 assists per game at the tourney. Currently averaging 25.3 points per game versus three career Big XII opponents

SG: Richard Thomas (6'5'' 190) - Named to the 2009 Region VI All-Tournament team at Garden City Community College... Ranked second at Garden City with 13.6 points per game, powering the Broncbusters to a 25-13 record, the Region VI title and the program’s first trip to the NJCAA Tournament since 1956.

SG: Tristan Thompson (6'5'' 190) - North Texas’ second-highest scoring threat at 11.4 points per game … Had five 20-point games in 08-09, including career scoring efforts in three of four games in December, culminating in a 27-point outing at Louisiana-Lafayette.

PF: George Odufuwa (6'8'' 240) - Averaging 14 points and 17.5 rebounds per game as a senior this year. Transfer from Arizona State. Posted back-to-back double-doubles against Oklahoma State and Sam Houston State.

C: Eric Tramiel (6'7'' 240) - Earned third-team All-Sun Belt honors … Was one of just two players in the Sun Belt Conference to average over 12.0 points per game and have at least 20 assists (26) and 20 blocks (21) … Led the squad in scoring, rebounding, field goal percentage and free throw attempts.

I don't think Iowa will give texas much of a game. Am I missing something, or are you thinking just because it is an early season game?

4 points. First point at the 3:30 mark. Penn annihilated him.
Yeah, I flipped over when he was he shooting his free throws to get his first points, that was just another let down.

Looked like another small crowd for the Pokes, wonder what the offical number was.

Back