Bob Huggins lands #1 juco player in Texas... No OU interest

I just don't want this to be one of those days like..... OU went to Australia for Anyang Garang but wouldn't drive 2 hours for Sherman... Sherman may not pan out, but the WVU guys seem to think he's legit. Plus, I wouldn't doubt if there were other guys in the area in Texas, Iowa, Kansas, etc that pan out really well that OU didn't even offer... On a team that currently has 4 guards total.

Similar to..... OU went to Finland for Hannes Polla but wouldnt look at a a guy up the road at Hutchinson for Shak Juiston. No scholarship offer.

Similar to... OU went to New Zealand for Matt Freeman but didn't go up t he road to KU for a guy that was All Big 12 at TCU for 2 years at TCU... No scholarship offer.

Similar to... OU took a grad transfer from from Cal State Santa Eastern or whatever but didn't take Devonte Bandoo from Hutch... No scholarship offer.

This is my fear. :)

OU offered and was on the last cut for Juiston.

Reaves (who averaged 5ppg against high level opponents at Wichita State)

This from the guy who just yesterday was rushing to the defense of Austin Trice, who averaged less than 1.9 ppg his junior year compared to Reaves' 8.1 per his sophomore season (on a per-minute basis, Trice averaged .246 points to Reaves' .376).

You don't get to pick which games count (you pulled the same nonsense yesterday in trying make Trice look better). Season stats are what matter, not cherry-picked numbers that you hope will serve your agenda.

well wvu just locked up the one seed in the big 12 next year.

This from the guy who just yesterday was rushing to the defense of Austin Trice, who averaged less than 1.9 ppg his junior year compared to Reaves' 8.1 per his sophomore season (on a per-minute basis, Trice averaged .246 points to Reaves' .376).

You don't get to pick which games count (you pulled the same nonsense yesterday in trying make Trice look better). Season stats are what matter, not cherry-picked numbers that you hope will serve your agenda.

Pffft, out of context. I flat out said Trice had a bad season and pointed out the stats... But I pointed out several games that Trice did SOMETHING. The point I was making was that he is likely better than some scholarship players on the team. Trice got in the game. OU had scholarship players that can't do that.

tl;dr: ABD loves JUCOs and hates Reaves.

We've seen this thread before. Many times.

You guys don’t get it. Thebigabd started this thread at 10:54 this morning. It’s already on the second page—and that is on a slow day in the off season.

You may not like some of the threads he creates, but it’s hard to deny his ability to generate discussion or to defend his position on topics like juco recruits.

You guys don’t get it. Thebigabd started this thread at 10:54 this morning. It’s already on the second page—and that is on a slow day in the off season.

You may not like some of the threads he creates, but it’s hard to deny his ability to generate discussion or to defend his position on topics like juco recruits.

That’s a fact!

No, we get it. He's just another guy trying to monopolize the board by bad-mouthing Kruger, the coaches, and the recruits and he does it by pumping up the guys that he likes. I guess it generates traffic but it's not supportive of OU and it's not all that well-informed either, as evidenced by his relentless denigrating of Austin Reaves. I guess the traffic is more important than the lack of support for OU basketball.

Last edited:

You may not like some of the threads he creates, but it’s hard to deny his ability to generate discussion

Ada, my friend, you neglected to mention that 95% of the posts on those two pages of responses were calling him out on his unfounded attack on OU's recruiting practices.

There's a name for people who post just to get a reaction: trolls.

No, we get it. He's just another guy trying to monopolize the board by bad-mouthing Kruger, the coaches, and the recruits and he does it by pumping up the guys that he likes. I guess it generates traffic but it's not supportive of OU and it's not all that well-informed either, as evidenced by his relentless denigrating of Austin Reaves. I guess the traffic is more important than the lack of support for OU basketball.

You and 2 other posters whining after ever single post is just as annoying..

Bienemy and Williams being the non-point guards in the starting rotation.. I figured Reaves is a shooter off the bench. I didn't omit Harmon, he is starting from day one but we were talking 2 guards.

None of us no the starting lineup for next year but Reaves is likely more than a shooter off the bench. He was the best player on the team most of last year. Yes practice is different than games but the kid is as good as anybody on the roster.

You and 2 other posters whining after ever single post is just as annoying..

This.

I have said this before, and I will it again. Start a thread talking about how great Austin Reaves is gonna be if thats what you want to talk about. Start a thread about how much you love Kruger, etc. That is your right.

If you don't like threads I create, or don't want to discuss the nitty gritty with us, start a different thread and discuss those things in there. Hell, I will probably join you.

The current thread on Reaves has 4 replies, and it is discussing his shooting ability and how he scored 73 points in a game. I even posted in it. 4 replies. Nobody cares. The thread about Harmon at the Nike Summit has 8 replies.

I start threads that are topics of discussion. The reason nobody cares about the stuff you guys apparently want to talk about is because there is nothing to discuss.

Skyvue has started 122 threads in his time here (which is fine)... Gar Heard has started 2 threads.. Yet, Gar Heard probably spends half his time *****ing about what other people are discussing on a message board.

Hoopsaustin and I probably agree with each other about 50% of the time (not sure if he will agree with that, it could go either way)... but he gets in there and discusses it... and to conclude his sentiment, the sunshine cartel is annoying.

Ada, my friend, you neglected to mention that 95% of the posts on those two pages of responses were calling him out on his unfounded attack on OU's recruiting practices.

There's a name for people who post just to get a reaction: trolls.

Sky, my friend, with all due respect to you and a few others who don’t agree with Thebigabd, he does not fit my definition of a troll.

Believe it or not, he’s an OU fan who, like you, believes he’s right about the topics he defends. Nothing wrong with that, except there are a few here who are just as committed to an opposing view. Nothing wrong with that either. Healthy debates and sometimes agreeing to disagree are the lifeblood of a fan board. If everyone agreed on every topic, this would be a dull place.

Ask yourself this question: Why do most of the threads bigabd starts stay on the front page for sometime, often developing into multiple pages? I think it’s because he’s good at coming up with interesting topics that are usually controversial. He’s also good at keeping his threads alive by defending his position.

I’m horrible at starting threads. Most of the threads I start are boring. They get plenty of views but very few responses. Starting threads is a gift. Thebigabd has it. So do you. I urge you to start more threads and steal his thunder. Trust me, he does not have a thread starting monopoly on this board. ;)

Back