Bubble Watch catch all ..

If we lose tomorrow, I think Sunday will be our first time on bubble in over 20 years. Every year since then, we were either clearly in or clearly out. Don’t know if my heart can handle that, so how about we win tomorrow and remove all doubt lol!

Lets get weird. If we won the big 12 tournament, what seed would we get?

Last edited:
If we lose tomorrow, I think Sunday will be our first time on bubble in over 20 years. Every year since then, we were either clearly in or clearly out. Don’t know if my heart can handle that, so how about we win tomorrow and remove all doubt lol!

I think we were sweating it out in 2018....I certainly was. Other years of being on the bubble were 1993 (didn't make it - but it was our last win at the Phog), 1996 (made it but didn't deserve it), 1997 (actually, I thought we were safe, but the #11 seed said otherwise), and 1999 (#13 - literally the last team in).

I don't care how optimistic anyone wants to be...we will be sweating it out Sunday if we lose tomorrow, SO LET'S WIN and remove all doubt!

Lets get weird. If we won the whole tournament, what seed would we get?

We'll be in the #8/#9 game for the third straight tournament. This is not a bad year to be in that game for the winner (unlike the previous two times when Virgina and Gonzaga were strong #1 seeds). This is a wide-open Tournament, so I want OU to be part of it.

We'll be in the #8/#9 game for the third straight tournament. This is not a bad year to be in that game for the winner (unlike the previous two times when Virgina and Gonzaga were strong #1 seeds). This is a wide-open Tournament, so I want OU to be part of it.

No i mean if we won the big 12 tournament. Could we get to a 5 seed?

No i mean if we won the big 12 tournament. Could we get to a 5 seed?

I know what you meant...and the answer is an emphatic NO. We have 14 losses...perhaps we can get as high as a #7, but I'm thinking we'll be in the #8/#9 area.

Agree that I’d personally be nervous, but I’ve said all along you’ll find me clutching my bayonet on the hill that beating Baylor would get us in. My prediction if we lose tomorrow: we find out Sunday we really didn’t need to sweat it out that much— meaning we wind up pretty solidly in. But of course wholeheartedly agree that one more win and erasing all doubt would be ideal.

brady with 19 in the first half UVA has 13 lunardi's team might be done lol

Agree that I’d personally be nervous, but I’ve said all along you’ll find me clutching my bayonet on the hill that beating Baylor would get us in. My prediction if we lose tomorrow: we find out Sunday we really didn’t need to sweat it out that much— meaning we wind up pretty solidly in. But of course wholeheartedly agree that one more win and erasing all doubt would be ideal.

i very much agree with these thoughts

I’m not feeling confident that West Virginia will get back in the top 75. In hindsight, I wish KSU had beaten them so at least one of them would have stayed Q1.

I think we need one more. So very impressed with the late-season turnaround. A much better offensive team compared with a few weeks ago.

Let's grab another one tomorrow and make our first finals appearance SINCE I WAS IN COLLEGE!!

:hollis754:

Winning the big 12 tournament gets you to a 7 or 8 seed because we would have 5 wins against teams seeded 1-4 and 2 wins against teams seeded 1-2.

We would move into the top 25 in both Ken Pom and Jeff Sagarin, which are metrics the committee has available to them.

I think we need one more. So very impressed with the late-season turnaround. A much better offensive team compared with a few weeks ago.

Let's grab another one tomorrow and make our first finals appearance SINCE I WAS IN COLLEGE!!

:hollis754:

Wait a minute. When I was expressing concern last week, it was you who told me to "get with the times" :). I am on record as saying we only had a 25-33% chance of making it with 18 wins. However, since that time, a LOT of bubble teams have rolled over, and we just beat the #3 team in America. I would now change those odds to 50-60% at this moment. One thing is certain. We need one more win to at least be able to enjoy Selection Sunday without having any doubts whether OU's name will be called.

ISU is getting blown out by 30. Could they play themselves out of the tourney? Or are they a lock?

ISU is in. What scares me about our chances is the committee putting in these ****ty teams from the acc

Back