Bubble Watch catch all ..

ISU is in. What scares me about our chances is the committee putting in these ****ty teams from the acc

The committee doesn’t care about conference affiliation. Wake and ND and VA Tech are all in the conversation but I’ll be surprised if more than one gets in. Maybe none of them will. I have no idea what Wake’s selling point is. Awful metrics. ND in the same boat but I haven’t seen nearly as many people projecting them in the field.

How do OU and Iowa St stack up w/the computers or Net
- both finished w/ same conference wins
- Iowa st. 2 more total wins,
- OU better ranked opponent wins
- OU tougher schedule it would appear.

How do OU and Iowa St stack up w/the computers or Net
- both finished w/ same conference wins
- Iowa st. 2 more total wins,
- OU better ranked opponent wins
- OU tougher schedule it would appear.

If ISU and OU played tomorrow OU would win by 10+, I don't think anybody doubts that. Sadly Iowa St is safely in because of their 8-7 record in Quad 1.

The committee doesn’t care about conference affiliation. Wake and ND and VA Tech are all in the conversation but I’ll be surprised if more than one gets in. Maybe none of them will. I have no idea what Wake’s selling point is. Awful metrics. ND in the same boat but I haven’t seen nearly as many people projecting them in the field.

Dude i know that. Outside of my faith, family, and friends madness is my favorite. Virginia should be out for sure, wake as well but committee will like their record.

If ISU and OU played tomorrow OU would win by 10+, I don't think anybody doubts that. Sadly Iowa St is safely in because of their 8-7 record in Quad 1.

Let’s not get carried away. This is the same thing people did early in the season when we had a couple nice wins. Assuming we would beat ISU by double digits in KC in front of thousands of Cyclone fans is a reach.

I’m repeating myself, but I really hope the KSU and West Virginia slide in the NET doesn’t kill us. Quad 1 wins seem to carry a lot of weight, so having two disappear from our record is tough.

See OU is still on the bubble according to 1 pollster.
Guess we have to beat Taco Tech to really secure a spot or have someone else
fall by the wayside. Hope the sooners can sneak in.
Either way, savor the win over Baylor.

Lunardi's latest bracket has us in the "First Four Out". It doesn't mean we MUST win tonight (since he rarely bats a thousand), but it does mean we will truly be sweating it out Sunday if we don't.

the Athletic has OU in the field as a opening round 12 seed playing 12 see Rutgers

KSU back to 75 in the NET Q1 win back

I’m pleasantly surprised by that. For them to hang on to that spot, we probably need Rutgers to lose today. Definitely cheer against any teams in that 76 through 85 range.

We are now well ahead of Iowa State in the NET. That doesn’t mean we are in better shape than they are … we definitely aren’t. But it shows how much a team can fall if they get blown out, even by a good team. So we need to make sure not to have a performance like that tonight, because we don’t have any cushion.

I’m pleasantly surprised by that. For them to hang on to that spot, we probably need Rutgers to lose today. Definitely cheer against any teams in that 76 through 85 range.

We are now well ahead of Iowa State in the NET. That doesn’t mean we are in better shape than they are … we definitely aren’t. But it shows how much a team can fall if they get blown out, even by a good team. So we need to make sure not to have a performance like that tonight, because we don’t have any cushion.

i think OU should be ahead of ISU (i think both should be in)

i think OU should be ahead of ISU (i think both should be in)

I agree we SHOULD be; we are significantly ahead of them in every metric. They padded their record by playing some awful noncon games. Unfortunately, I don’t see any brackets where we are even close to them. I don’t get it, and I guess there is always a chance the committee sees that our resume is better.

I agree we SHOULD be; we are significantly ahead of them in every metric. They padded their record by playing some awful noncon games. Unfortunately, I don’t see any brackets where we are even close to them. I don’t get it, and I guess there is always a chance the committee sees that our resume is better.

agreed

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/TRowOU/status/1502283203628969992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1502283203628969992%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=[/TWEET]

from toby

The ACC is horri-bad this year compared to most years. Half of their conference is ranked lower in Kenpom than our worst team (WV). Thus, you have teams like Wake, ND, and Va Tech who have gaudy records, but have very few quality wins/little to show for it. Va Tech at least has a good NET (33) while Wake (45) and NC (53) are well behind us. It just depends on how much emphasis the committee will see SOS and our number of losses. I think ND is clearly out right now even though many bracketologists have them in. They don't have the resume.

The ACC is horri-bad this year compared to most years. Half of their conference is ranked lower in Kenpom than our worst team (WV). Thus, you have teams like Wake, ND, and Va Tech who have gaudy records, but have very few quality wins/little to show for it. Va Tech at least has a good NET (33) while Wake (45) and NC (53) are well behind us. It just depends on how much emphasis the committee will see SOS and our number of losses. I think ND is clearly out right now even though many bracketologists have them in. They don't have the resume.

i tend to think OU is very safely in unless they get blown out tonight ..

some important games today...

(using NET)...odds are as of 8:30 am CT

10:30 am CT

#41 Indiana vs #14 Illinois. Illini -5.5

11:00 am CT

#55 A&M vs #11 Auburn. Auburn -9.5
#46 Davidson vs #175 Fordham. Davidson -11.5

1:00 pm CT

#77 Rutgers vs #15 Iowa. Iowa -6.5

1:30 pm CT

#59 Saint Louis vs #82 St Bonaventure. Bonnies -1.5

5:00 pm CT

#52 Dayton vs #181 UMASS. Dayton -10

6:00 pm CT

#48 SMU vs #171 Tulsa. SMU -8
#63 Miami (FL) vs #10 Duke. Duke -9

7:30 pm CT

#51 VCU vs #90 Richmond. VCU -3.5

8:00 pm CT

#35 Memphis vs #96 UCF. Memphis -9.5

8:30 pm CT

#33 Virginia Tech vs #29 North Carolina. UNC -2
#44 Wyoming vs #31 Boise St. Boise -2.5

some important games today...

(using NET)...odds are as of 8:30 am CT

10:30 am CT

#41 Indiana vs #14 Illinois. Illini -5.5

11:00 am CT

#55 A&M vs #11 Auburn. Auburn -9.5
#46 Davidson vs #175 Fordham. Davidson -11.5

1:00 pm CT

#77 Rutgers vs #15 Iowa. Iowa -6.5

1:30 pm CT

#59 Saint Louis vs #82 St Bonaventure. Bonnies -1.5

5:00 pm CT

#52 Dayton vs #181 UMASS. Dayton -10

6:00 pm CT

#48 SMU vs #171 Tulsa. SMU -8
#63 Miami (FL) vs #10 Duke. Duke -9

7:30 pm CT

#51 VCU vs #90 Richmond. VCU -3.5

8:00 pm CT

#35 Memphis vs #96 UCF. Memphis -9.5

8:30 pm CT

#33 Virginia Tech vs #29 North Carolina. UNC -2
#44 Wyoming vs #31 Boise St. Boise -2.5

You are an D1 All Star in my book, Sir!

Last edited:
I think we're in better shape than some think. And we might have been in better shape than some thought even before last night. We have a lot working for us in terms of some of the metrics the Selection Committee uses in picking teams. Our record isn't great, but that is literally the only negative about our resume.

Back