Bubble Watch catch all ..

I think we're in better shape than some think. And we might have been in better shape than some thought even before last night. We have a lot working for us in terms of some of the metrics the Selection Committee uses in picking teams. Our record isn't great, but that is literally the only negative about our resume.

yep very much this

By the end of today, we will have 16 quad 1 games. Fewer than 10 teams have that many...

If we win today, only two teams in the country will have 17 quad 1 games. OU and whoever they play in the Finals.

I think the committee is going to reward our schedule and our metrics, despite the record.

I think we're in better shape than some think. And we might have been in better shape than some thought even before last night. We have a lot working for us in terms of some of the metrics the Selection Committee uses in picking teams. Our record isn't great, but that is literally the only negative about our resume.

Totally agree. From a metrics standpoint, we are in the 8/9 range according to Kenpom, Haslametrics, Bart Torvik (T-Rank), and Sagarin. It would be nice to polish off Tech again to remove all doubt, but I really believe we are in at least the play-in game at this point.

Totally agree. From a metrics standpoint, we are in the 8/9 range according to Kenpom, Haslametrics, Bart Torvik (T-Rank), and Sagarin. It would be nice to polish off Tech again to remove all doubt, but I really believe we are in at least the play-in game at this point.

I agree with you guys, I just can't figure out why so few of the bracket projections have us in. I hope it is just group-think; maybe everyone wrote them off in late February and has failed to fully recalibrate now that they have added four wins, two of which are Q1 wins, in the past couple weeks.

I tend to agree with this especially looking at the other teams on the bubble. OU snuck up on a lot of these bracket guys but when the dust settles their resume will compare very favorably, especially to a team like Michigan which looks very similar and supposedly is safely in.

I agree with you guys, I just can't figure out why so few of the bracket projections have us in. I hope it is just group-think; maybe everyone wrote them off in late February and has failed to fully recalibrate now that they have added four wins, two of which are Q1 wins, in the past couple weeks.

It's total "group-think". We have become accustomed to the ACC being really good every year.....and it's just a really down/bad year for that conference. In most years, the ACC is getting at least 6/7 teams, but they deserve no more than 4 at the absolute most this year. The ACC is 6th in conference Kenpom behind the Big East and even the PAC-12. And the PAC is only going to get 3 teams in unless Colorado wins the tournament....yikes!

Lunardi isn't dumb and he's been doing this a long time, but I think he's fallen into an "intellectual lazy" pattern by looking at records and not looking deeper into the profile. If the committee has shown one consistency over the years, they tend to punish teams who have lower SOS....even when those teams have gaudy records. Our record is a direct result of our SOS. We play good to great teams virtually every night. I would like to have won more close games, but we are winning more than a few and that should be enough.

I’ve said it before but give Houston’s schedule to ou and we are probably top 15 in the country.

Need Auburn to get their butts in gear against A&M. And for Illinois to take care of Indiana.

Auburn looks cooked. Didn’t come to play today at all. Pearl better figure out that buzz press ASAP.

If this day continues as is, we're going to have to beat Tech. Bubble teams came to play.

If this day continues as is, we're going to have to beat Tech. Bubble teams came to play.

Correct. Lunardi has Texas A&M slightly below us, and they are putting it to Auburn. If they beat them and we lose, they at least pass us where he is concerned.

Correct. Lunardi has Texas A&M slightly below us, and they are putting it to Auburn. If they beat them and we lose, they at least pass us where he is concerned.

OU is well ahead of a bunch of teams lunardi has "in"

As many good results as we got the past couple days, this day is off to a terrible start. I said yesterday that IU beating Michigan was bad news, and it is even worse now that they followed it up by beating Illinois. If Michigan had held on yesterday, IU was done. Now they and the Wolverines are in and there is one fewer spot available.

Go Hawkeyes.

As many good results as we got the past couple days, this day is off to a terrible start. I said yesterday that IU beating Michigan was bad news, and it is even worse now that they followed it up by beating Illinois. If Michigan had held on yesterday, IU was done. Now they and the Wolverines are in and there is one fewer spot available.

Go Hawkeyes.

Yep...need Iowa to beat Rutgers and UNC to beat Va Tech. That appears to be the only possible help we can get today. We are just going to have to take care of business ourselves.

As I type....the A*M lead down to 5 with 2 minutes left.

10:30 am CT

#41 Indiana vs #14 Illinois. Illini -5.5

Indiana 65 - Illinois 63.

11:00 am CT

#55 A&M vs #11 Auburn. Auburn -9.5

A&M 67 - Auburn 62.

#46 Davidson vs #175 Fordham. Davidson -11.5

Davidson 74 - Fordham 56

UNT getting ready to have their bubble burst .. losing and looking terrible losing

yep

LA Tech 42
UNT 36

Final

I feel like McCasland is about to leave...someone HAS to be smart enough to hire him right? Tulsa? Someone.

Back