Bubble Watch catch all ..

I’d say there is a CHANCE the committee already has us in regardless and maybe results today would determine First Four or not. That’s probably our best case currently.

That'd be great

The reality I believe is that this is probably ALL dependent on where the committee has us entering the B12 Tourney. If they had us about where Lunardi and some others did, then we are most likely out because our failure to win two games along with a few other results isn’t going to be enough for us to climb the ladder. If they had us ranked higher than that then we are probably in pretty good shape because the Baylor win pushed us over. It’s possible the games today don’t matter much to us regardless. Obviously root against the other teams grouped with us, but it’s possible our fate has been decided. Again, I wish we had a mole so I could find out and just relax one way or the other.

Do we want ku or tt to win tonight for net purposes, or does it not really matter?

Do we want ku or tt to win tonight for net purposes, or does it not really matter?

I would think Tech? It would make one of our best wins look even better. I defer to our bracketology expert though in Boulder.

The reality I believe is that this is probably ALL dependent on where the committee has us entering the B12 Tourney. If they had us about where Lunardi and some others did, then we are most likely out because our failure to win two games along with a few other results isn’t going to be enough for us to climb the ladder. If they had us ranked higher than that then we are probably in pretty good shape because the Baylor win pushed us over. It’s possible the games today don’t matter much to us regardless. Obviously root against the other teams grouped with us, but it’s possible our fate has been decided. Again, I wish we had a mole so I could find out and just relax one way or the other.

Be nice to be safely in and avoid Dayton, I guess best case would be a 10 and other than not getting in worst case 12 and playing in Dayton Tuesday or Wednesday.

The Lunardi lunacy doesn't make much sense to me...He essentially didn't even have us on his radar yesterday afternoon and now we are second-team out. Yet, when you look at our resume on a stat card (it's out there on Twitter, some OU writers have posted it), we're essentially better than ALL his bubble teams.

There's not one spec of doubt we're one of the best 68 teams in the country, it's not even a discussion, but whether or not that plays in the discussion is another story. I think it's a coin flip at this point, with a slight lean towards "in."

Why did we have to win 2 games in the Big 12 Tourney? Beating Baylor alone is a pretty dang nice win, and addition to our resume.

It'll depend on what is most important to the Committee.....win/loss record, or all of the other metrics. We're easily in if those other metrics actually matter.

Why did we have to win 2 games in the Big 12 Tourney? Beating Baylor alone is a pretty dang nice win, and addition to our resume.

It'll depend on what is most important to the Committee.....win/loss record, or all of the other metrics. We're easily in if those other metrics actually matter.

Great points, makes me believe we are in. They/the committee have the net for this and seem to emphasize things like it more and more each season.

The Lunardi lunacy doesn't make much sense to me...He essentially didn't even have us on his radar yesterday afternoon and now we are second-team out. Yet, when you look at our resume on a stat card (it's out there on Twitter, some OU writers have posted it), we're essentially better than ALL his bubble teams.

There's not one spec of doubt we're one of the best 68 teams in the country, it's not even a discussion, but whether or not that plays in the discussion is another story. I think it's a coin flip at this point, with a slight lean towards "in."

Boulder made a good point earlier, hes having a cya approach. Depending what happens today he'll probably have us in Dayton. Top 5 sos and our big wins, we have to be in the field.

Wonder if joe c has a buddy on the committee and has let him know our fate? I did see where the committee expanded this year going from 10 members to 12.

i will say that whatever happens tomorrow night it is really nice to see this team finish the season strong and put us in a position were we have a legit shot to get in .

a long long way from where the team and we as fans were 3 weeks ago

i don't think going to dayton would be that bad. program gets exposure with being the only game on, and historically teams have gone on runs in the tourney coming out of the play-in. and as confident as this team is playing right now, let's keep it rolling asap. obviously losing and not being a part of the big dance would suck, but it's not a death sentence.

Why is ND in? they should be on the bubble, and the bad side of the bubble.

Wonder if joe c has a buddy on the committee and has let him know our fate? I did see where the committee expanded this year going from 10 members to 12.

Seeing as how the committee itself probably hasn’t decided our fate, I don’t think there is any chance of that.

i don't think going to dayton would be that bad. program gets exposure with being the only game on, and historically teams have gone on runs in the tourney coming out of the play-in. and as confident as this team is playing right now, let's keep it rolling asap. obviously losing and not being a part of the big dance would suck, but it's not a death sentence.

I want the play in game. Give us a shot to wax some other 12-seed and get our feet wet. Then we put it on a 5-seed that would be under .500 in the big 12.

I want the play in game. Give us a shot to wax some other 12-seed and get our feet wet. Then we put it on a 5-seed that would be under .500 in the big 12.

Play-in games aren’t the worst thing. The teams that win those have a pretty good track record of winning a game or two once they get into the bracket.

Our team last year was better, but as an 8 opposite Gonzaga, had almost no shot of making the Sweet 16. If we sneak in as a 12, we’d weirdly have a better shot at winning a couple games.

Play-in games aren’t the worst thing. The teams that win those have a pretty good track record of winning a game or two once they get into the bracket.

Our team last year was better, but as an 8 opposite Gonzaga, had almost no shot of making the Sweet 16. If we sneak in as a 12, we’d weirdly have a better shot at winning a couple games.

Yep, I’m hoping that’s us this year.

Totally agree the 8-9 game is awful. Ou was the only other team who gave Gonzaga a game (other than Baylor who smoked them obviously).

Back