Bubble Watch catch all ..

I absolutely believe we have found ourselves in a win-and-in, lose-and-out situation. Essentially, our first game of the NCAA Tournament is being played Thursday in Kansas City. I think a win over Baylor would push us up and over the top enough to where the semi’s and beyond wouldn’t matter. And a loss would keep us out, as we really needed that big/signature win on resume. By 9pm Thursday we will know if we are dancing or a top NIT seed. I’d say chances are about 15/85, Dance/NIT, but at least they put themselves in a one-win situation.

It’s not impossible, but we have to beat baylor to make the dance. So, not likely to happen.

Michigan likely locked their spot today. Let’s hope Loyola wins so the Valley has no chance at a second bid.

Does the Matrix rank their bracketologists on the seeding of the field or the correct number of entrants in the field? A lot of you are down on Lunardi because he has us low, but I remember him being one of the guys who nailed the at-large bids 100% a couple of years ago.

I still feel like we're a pretty decent ways away. The Matrix certainly backs that up.

it really is (he has OU back to 11th out on his sheet now )

Well, if Lunardi is even close to being accurate, we’re not going to jump 11 places with one win…may need to get two. Still, one win means I’ll at least watch Selection Sunday.

Glad Loyola won today…that helps.

Does the Matrix rank their bracketologists on the seeding of the field or the correct number of entrants in the field? A lot of you are down on Lunardi because he has us low, but I remember him being one of the guys who nailed the at-large bids 100% a couple of years ago.

Lunardi ranks somewhere in the 50s in accuracy rankings of bracketologists. Bracketmatrix has been tracking since 2016.

Thanks, Gimp! I've been following Joe since he slotted our '02 team as a 1-seed in the brand-new Arena in Downtown Dallas. Ended up as a 2 with Georgia on our minds.

Friggin' Indiana.

Espn had UNC as last 4 byes. They are second in ACC and something like 23-7. They should be a top 6 seed somewhere. What gives?

Espn had UNC as last 4 byes. They are second in ACC and something like 23-7. They should be a top 6 seed somewhere. What gives?

Lack of quality, Quad 1 wins. Before Saturday of course. They were 1-7 against Quad 1 teams prior to beating Dook.

Lack of quality, Quad 1 wins. Before Saturday of course. They were 1-7 against Quad 1 teams prior to beating Dook.

Houston is 1-4 against quad 1. I have no idea why their net is so high. I am not bullish on Houston’s tournament prospects.

We are now on 10 brackets on bracket matrix. Lets beat the bears and get to dancing.

Back