Can you guys explain some Trump things to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to something on the radio this morning that really hit home for me.... it was actually a conversation about Vic Fangio, and how a lot of times white people aren't aware of or can't see racism because they aren't the victim... And they suggested to ask your black friends about it.

But that made me think of something else.... I have never felt more disconnected with other Americans than I do right now. Ever. I am a liberal guy, but I feel like I just can't relate as a person at all to Trump people...

These questions I am asking come from a good place. I really want to understand. I want to understand my co-workers, my neighbors, my family, etc better. I don't want to fight with you, or them. I want to understand. I feel like we are speaking different languages, or come from different planets. I never felt like that under Bush, Clinton, older Bush, Obama, etc. This seems to be a unique Trump thing (more on that later).

A.) Why do you like him? Not policies, I am talking about him. Do you believe he's a good man? A good person? Does he have a good soul? Is he smart? Is he wise?

B.) I was renting a Uhaul the other day, and saw something that i have been seeing more and more of... The place where I rented the Uhaul had pictures of Donald Trump all over the office... I was looking at a house with my brother in law, and we went into the garage and there were Trump pictures, Trump flags, and Trump stuff all over the place... Never seen anything like that before in my life. I keep seeing more and more of this... his ardent supporters seemingly worship him, like a cult. I've seen interviews where people were asked "is there ANYTHING he can do, or say, to make you not support him"... and they flat out said, "no".

I have family members who have created anonymous twitter accounts to get on media and constantly praise him. They do it in secret. I am not even supposed to know about it. A concerned cousin sent it to me, and I got on there and my uncle, who I respected, is on there saying things I could never imagine him saying... Things I am ashamed he believes and says. But, at the end of the day, all in support of Trump.

I am seeing other family members go down this path now.... everything is a conspiracy theory, believe nothing, Trump is almost like this savior like figure, etc.

It's less about Republicans vs Democrats, and more about Trump or Non-Trump... I haven't seen anything like that before in my lifetime either. It's not about the party or the policies, its him or not him.

Are you guys seeing this out there? What is about him that inspires this kind of thing?

A. I know you said not policies, but my exerience is most people like him because of his policies. But I don't like him personally. I understand him and like certain traits but overall I do not htink he is a good man. I like that he really doesn't care what people think. I like that he is the most pro life president ever. I like that he is pro Chrsitian (realizing that he is pandering to an extent). I like that he attacks the media for their lies. I like that he doesn't back down. I don't like how he personally attacks people. I think there is a more dignified way to do it...but that isn't him. He isn't changing just because he is president, and there is somethign refreshing about that.

B. Where do you live? I'm guessing if you were in the NE or california, you would have seen Obama pictures everywhere. Or if Bernie were ever elected, his picture would be everywhere.

I’ve got a better question for the Trump haters. Why do you think Hillary should have been elected president? A quick Google search of the Clintons and their corrupt rise to the top of the Democratic Party should tell you everything you need to know about why I voted for Trump. Donald Trump is his own worst enemy sometimes on a personal level. I get that. But everything he has done or been accused of pales in comparison to Hillary Clinton and her sexual predator husband.

I’ve got a similar question about Joe Biden. He’s more likable on a personal level than Trump. But he scares the heck out of me when I picture him in the Oval Office. Biden might have been a good candidate for the job once, but not now. His well known gaffes and frequent lapses mentally, seem to suggest that he wakes up in a new world nearly every day. Is he your idea of the leader this country needs? Do you hate Trump so much you would be willing to replace him with a senile old man who may not be fit for the job mentally or physically? Thanks but no thanks!

I have said this before and I’ll say it again. I’m a lifelong Democrat. I voted for Bill Clinton once. But, I will continue to vote for the best person (man or woman) for the job, until the leaders of my own party nominates someone worthy of my vote. Like it or not, Donald Trump will get my vote again in November!

I’ve got a better question for the Trump haters. Why do you think Hillary should have been elected president? A quick Google search of the Clintons and their corrupt rise to the top of the Democratic Party should tell you everything you need to know about why I voted for Trump. Donald Trump is his own worst enemy sometimes on a personal level. I get that. But everything he has done or been accused of pales in comparison to Hillary Clinton and her sexual predator husband.

Hillary was not a good candidate, but this isn't a valid line of questioning. It's a deflection. We are talking about Trump. Not Obama, or Hillary, or George Soros, etc. This is classic Trump stuff... Always make the conversation about someone else. You're a good friend Ada, and I respect you, so please understand I am not being hostile or intending to be disrespectful to you.

Explain it to me.

Let's use todays insane quote to illustrate that.

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, ‘This is a great thing that’s happening for our country,’” Trump said. “This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody.”
-Donald Trump

He's hoping George Floyd is looking down after being murdered by the cops to praise today's job numbers. The things Trump is talking about there are job numbers. He honestly said today's job numbers are a great thing for George Floyd.

Guys, he's dead. He was murdered by police. It's not a great day for George Floyd. I can't even believe I have to say that.

He's tone deaf... he doesn't even understand the country he runs. He has no way to relate to normal people, because he's never been a normal person. Low African-American unemployment is great and all, but that isn't going to solve the problem.

On top of all that.... he didn't come out strong against white supremacist in Charlottesville... The famous "very fine people" line...

Trump also spent nearly $100,000 in advertising for bringing back the death penalty in New York to kill the "Central Park 5"... 5 black kids who were coerced and beaten by police into false confessions about a rape they didn't commit.

When discussing it, he said "maybe hate is what we need if we're gonna get something done"- Donald Trump.

"I don't see anything inciteful, I am strongly in favor of the death penalty... "I am also in favor bringing back police forces that can do something instead of turning their back because every quality lawyer that represents people that are trouble, the first thing they do is start shouting police brutality, etc."
-Donald Trump

"The problem we have is we don't have any protection for the policeman. The problem with our society is the victim has absolutely no rights and the criminal has unbelievable rights -- unbelievable rights."
-Donald Trump

The only thing more hollow than Trump claiming he is the best president for blacks in history, with "maybe" the exception of Lincoln (yes, he said that) is his big orange head.

Hillary was not a good candidate, but this isn't a valid line of questioning. It's a deflection. We are talking about Trump. Not Obama, or Hillary, or George Soros, etc. This is classic Trump stuff... Always make the conversation about someone else. You're a good friend Ada, and I respect you, so please understand I am not being hostile or intending to be disrespectful to you.

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying, ‘This is a great thing that’s happening for our country,’” Trump said. “This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody.”
-Donald Trump

He's hoping George Floyd is looking down after being murdered by the cops to praise today's job numbers. The things Trump is talking about there are job numbers. He honestly said today's job numbers are a great thing for George Floyd.

Guys, he's dead. He was murdered by police. It's not a great day for George Floyd. I can't even believe I have to say that.

He's tone deaf... he doesn't even understand the country he runs. He has no way to relate to normal people, because he's never been a normal person. Low African-American unemployment is great and all, but that isn't going to solve the problem.

On top of all that.... he didn't come out strong against white supremacist in Charlottesville... The famous "very fine people" line...

Trump also spent nearly $100,000 in advertising for bringing back the death penalty in New York to kill the "Central Park 5"... 5 black kids who were coerced and beaten by police into false confessions about a rape they didn't commit.

When discussing it, he said "maybe hate is what we need if we're gonna get something done"- Donald Trump.

"I don't see anything inciteful, I am strongly in favor of the death penalty... "I am also in favor bringing back police forces that can do something instead of turning their back because every quality lawyer that represents people that are trouble, the first thing they do is start shouting police brutality, etc."
-Donald Trump

"The problem we have is we don't have any protection for the policeman. The problem with our society is the victim has absolutely no rights and the criminal has unbelievable rights -- unbelievable rights."
-Donald Trump

The only thing more hollow than Trump claiming he is the best president for blacks in history, with "maybe" the exception of Lincoln (yes, he said that) is his big orange head.

You're obsessed. Its sad.

Liberals always use the attack of no "whataboutisms", but do you understand how stupid that is? (I doubt it). That means no use of context, no use of history, no use of the other side's hypocrisy which shows that the original critique is hollow and not in good faith... how convenient to forward that argument. Its very dumb. I hope you'll think about not using it going forward given how asinine it is..

Turn off the tv. Go outside. Breathe in the air. Orangemanbad isnt going to get you. Itll be okay.

You seriously propose that the other side of America willingly backs "the anti-christ/hitler" and YOUR side is completely correct on everything and the other side is completely wrong on everything? How old are you? Lol

Bringing up the Charlottesville stuff is a joke. Taken way out of context.
It would be like Trump saying that there are some fine people in the crowds that are looting

-Donald Trump

-Donald Trump

-Donald Trump

And these are just quotes he’s made recently or about this specific issue at hand.

Bringing up the Charlottesville stuff is a joke. Taken way out of context.
It would be like Trump saying that there are some fine people in the crowds that are looting

Did he say that?

You're obsessed. Its sad.

What am I obsessed with?

Turn off the tv. Go outside. Breathe in the air. Orangemanbad isnt going to get you. Itll be okay.

Not gonna happen.... I know you guys would love for everyone to stop paying attention to him and pointing out his absurdities, but I would say we should not rest until he is gone and not destroying the country I live in anymore.

That being said... I still play lots of golf, breathe in the air, swim in the pool, read a lot of books, etc. Thank you for your concern though.

If he wins the election I will likely stop paying as much attention, because I can't handle another 4 years of him and his people.

You seriously propose that the other side of America willingly backs "the anti-christ/hitler" and YOUR side is completely correct on everything and the other side is completely wrong on everything? How old are you? Lol

Not what I think at all.

Last edited:

You missed my point, ABD. You asked in the beginning [paraphrasing here] why Trump loyalists overlook his faults as a person to defend the mistakes he makes. I’ll be the first to admit that he is anything but “presidential” way too often to please me.

Yet, in the final analysis voters have no choice but to compare Donald Trump with Hillary in 2016 and Joe Biden this year. You can’t separate the questions you want answers to from the reality voters will face in November. Don’t blame Trump supporters for the Democrats’ failure to nominate a candidate people like me want to support.

You missed my point, ABD. You asked in the beginning [paraphrasing here] why Trump loyalists overlook his faults as a person to defend the mistakes he makes. I’ll be the first to admit that he is anything but “presidential” way too often to please me.

Yet, in the final analysis voters have no choice but to compare Donald Trump with Hillary in 2016 and Joe Biden this year. You can’t separate the questions you want answers to from the reality voters will face in November. Don’t blame Trump supporters for the Democrats’ failure to nominate a candidate people like me want to support.

There’s a difference between voting for Trump because you think he’s the better of 2 really bad options. But the OP was why do people defend or make excuses for everything he does & says.

There’s a difference between voting for Trump because you think he’s the better of 2 really bad options. But the OP was why do people defend or make excuses for everything he does & says.

I understand the difference, BC. There’s a lot I don’t like about Trump as a person. He’s a public relations nightmare. There are times I shake my head in disbelief when he rattles on incoherently like a knucklehead who doesn’t realize how silly he sounds.

I also see the other side, the part Trump antagonists refuse to see because they hate him so much. His supporters aren’t blind to the unfair abuse he takes at the hands of the main stream media and the radical Dems who want him gone no matter the costs.

I could be wrong, but that will not bode well for Trump haters in November.

Not gonna happen.... I know you guys would love for everyone to stop paying attention to him and pointing out his absurdities, but I would say we should not rest until he is gone and not destroying the country I live in anymore.
This mindset will do more to get Trump re-elected than anything else going. It's never giving him credit for ANYTHING that galvanizes the base into thinking its their cause against the world.

I can't remember the Rep's name, but he basically said it was his God-given quest to get Trump removed from office the day after he was elected. That's not representing your constituency.....that's pursuing your individual agenda.

This mindset will do more to get Trump re-elected than anything else going. It's never giving him credit for ANYTHING that galvanizes the base into thinking its their cause against the world.

I can't remember the Rep's name, but he basically said it was his God-given quest to get Trump removed from office the day after he was elected. That's not representing your constituency.....that's pursuing your individual agenda.

Philosophically me and Trump are on different planets. That being said, to be fair, I will review everything he has signed and determine what I like. I think that would be a good exercise for a 105 degree saturday afternoon :)

You don't think Obama has a cult-like following?

There is a freakin' gas station/convenience store named after him.

The short answer to all your questions is that I think it just represents the growing divide in the parties and country. Trump, given the the things he says, probably impacts some of the things you mentioned as much as anything. He kind of plays into being larger than life.

And on the conspriacy theory stuff, you mean like when the libs claimed 9/11 was an inside job? I find it MUCH more believable that the media is full of sh*t, which Trump has definitely shown a light on. Printing pictures and claiming they represent one thing, when they actually don't. The constant spin they put on things. And that is both sides, conservative and liberal media. You are in Tulsa, I find the Tulsa World to be absolute garbage over the last few years.

The media would be better if they simply reported the FACTS, and let the people reading interpret how they will. I don't need to read their spin on things, with their bias.

So you believe he is a good man? A smart man? A wise man? You believe that he has a good soul?

I mean, if I hang pictures of someone up in my office, it probably means i greatly admire them. What do you admire about him as a person?

this is basically the exact situation with obama for the other half of the country

he divided the country like no one before him .. and that has just continued ..

these are very much my feelings as well

also some clearly don't have the ability to separate what trump does with what trump says

these are very much my feelings as well

also some clearly don't have the ability to separate what trump does with what trump says

I wouldn't say it that way.... I would say some care about who he is, versus the agenda he is carrying out. In a President, character is a big deal. Look at where we are right now, the country is ripping itself apart. I know you guys are probably experiencing this at work, with your friends, with your family, etc... It's never been this bad before.

I know who he is. He isn't a good man, he isn't a good person. And that matters in a leader.

I could make all the right policy decisions (which he doesn't) in a company I owned, but if I was man of poor intelligence, poor character, poor leadership qualities, etc my employees would not want to work for me. You all know that.

Mitt Romney knows that. George Bush knows that. Lisa Murkowski knows that. Colin Powel knows that. Shepherd Smith knew that... Chris Wallace knows that... General Mattis knows that. General Kelley knows that. The list is growing. He is a terrible leader, and I am not even really sure that is in question. You've got a former GOP president not supporting him anymore. I've never heard of that. You've got senators coming out against him. Others are staying silent, but you know they know.

As Boulder said, you guys seem to be content with some of the things he does, but as you say that the country is ripping itself apart.... This can't go on. He has to go. It's not a GOP vs DEM thing... It's him. He is the problem. He is pure poison, and for most people they aren't content with some policy decisions. Every president makes policy decisions that you either like or don't... I am sure I can find 10 policies from Trump that I like, and I am sure you can find 10 policies from Obama that you liked. That's not the issue.

Look at where we are right now, the country is ripping itself apart.

Nope. You can't do that. It was every bit as bad under Obama when this stuff happened. Remember Ferguson? If it's different this time it's due to the passage of time, not who the President is or what he is saying.

Plenty of the same crap happened when Obama was in office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back