***Canadian center excited to be a Sooner***

Re: Canadian center excited to be a Sooner >>> OUHoops.com

Well, he got me pumped up. Glad to see something from or about this guy. I think we've got a winner.

I think we got a winner to...hes a big dude...and a lefty!

Really enjoyed it. Thanks.

That was a great, in-depth interview that got me excited about Peters coming to OU. Thank you.

That was an outstanding interview. Kudos Matt and OUHoops!

Richard Peters said:
“I met the football coach (Bob Stoops) and I knew nothing about him or about OU football or anything like that,” he said. “Everybody was telling me about him, but I talked to him for a minute. Then everybody was acting like it was a big deal. They were like, ‘Man, he doesn’t talk to anybody!’ I was like, who is he? And they were all telling me how he was the best football coach in the world. So that was funny.

“I don’t know a lot about football..."

Hard not to like this guy.

And yes, he's a talker, no? Excellent report.

Nice work Matt! Great interview! I loved every word of it! Especially this!

Rich Peters said:
“The way I thought about it was comparing my style with the kind of players the school produces,” he said. “So, did I want to be more like Blake Griffin or Hasheem Thabeet? I mean, I’m not gonna be 7′4″, so I wouldn’t get used like he was or anything like that, but I just saw myself a little in Blake. I see what they did to him and I know he didn’t just walk in like that. Capel really polished his game and I feel like I have similar tools for him to work with. If I come in with the right mindset and a positive energy, hopefully he can do the same thing to me.”

That quote is money!

Rich Peters said:
“Expect me to come in with a positive energy,” he said. “I’ll put out my heart for the school and the fans and everybody in Oklahoma. I’ll just do what I need to do to make this team the best they can be. If rebounding is what we need, I’ll rebound. If they need me to score, I’ll score. I just want to keep on the Oklahoma winning tradition. They came close last year, but I want to keep pushing them closer until we win a national championship.

This quote is just as amazing! haha :clap

good repot henzo... would like to know what he's been up to all summer.

Great interview, Henzo! Something tells me you didn't have to ask too many questions. Richy is a quote machine, isn't he? lol

I love his enthusiasm, confidence and determination. I couldn't help but think about Johnnie Gilbert as I read his comments about talking a lot, working hard and being a floor leader. If he brings a JG type attitude to the LNC, he will be an instant crowd favorite. I already like this kid!

Great interview, Henzo! Something tells me you didn't have to ask too many questions. Richy is a quote machine, isn't he? lol

I love his enthusiasm, confidence and determination. I couldn't help but think about Johnnie Gilbert as I read his comments about talking a lot, working hard and being a floor leader. If he brings a JG type attitude to the LNC, he will be an instant crowd favorite. I already like this kid!

Totally agree with you on the fan favorite part, ada.

Great stuff, I like him already. Thanks Henzo!:clap

:eek:ldwt356:

Back