OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210272899

By Athletics Communications
University of Oklahoma

AUGUST 17, 2015
NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma men's basketball program will welcome back former OU players and coaches for the fifth annual Sooner Basketball Family Weekend alumni event August 28 and 29 (Friday and Saturday).

Activities scheduled for the two-day reunion are a Tip In Club Golf Classic, a Friday evening Wayman Tisdale Scholarship Fund Dinner on the Lloyd Noble Center main floor honoring OU's rebounding, steals and blocked shot leaders, and a Saturday Legends Alumni Game at noon. The public is invited to attend each of the three events. Fans will be admitted to the Legends Alumni Game free of charge (must enter via the east doors).

The Tip In Club Golf Classic will be held at the Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club (hosted the 2013 U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links Championship) and costs $200 per individual (space is limited). Friday's dinner costs $50 per person ($25 per child). To register for either event, or to be a sponsor, call the OU men's basketball office at (405) 325-4732.

Former OU players and coaches will be available for autographs on the court after the Legends Alumni Game, and concession stands will be open throughout the afternoon. Fans in attendance will once again have the opportunity to be photographed with current and former OU basketball players for the annual team schedule poster. Last year, the Crimson Team pulled out a 99-96 win behind 23 points from Ebi Ere, who led all scorers for the second consecutive season. Ere was a member of OU's 2002 Final Four and 2003 Elite Eight teams.

This season, the Sooners will honor the top 15 rebounders in school history, top 10 steals leaders and top 10 shot blockers. Players from those lists expected to attend this year's event so far include Alvan Adams, Al Beal, Terry Evans, Johnnie Gilbert, Austin Johnson, Darryl "Choo" Kennedy, Tim McCalister, Eduardo Najera, Awanda Sidle (representing her late husband, Don), Regina Tisdale (representing her late husband, Wayman), Clifford Ray, Bryan Sallier and Jeff Webster.

Some of the many additional Sooners also scheduled to participate in this year's festivities include: Mike Anderson, Steve Bajema, Chucky Barnett, Dean Blevins, Anthony Bowie, Shawn Clark, William Davis, Nate Erdmann, Ted Evans, Skeeter Henry, Tim Heskett, Joe Holladay, Aaron Jack (son of the late Bobby Jack), Jim Kerwin, Joe King, Scott Martin, John McCullough, Mike McCurdy, Tom McCurdy, Rick McNeal, Mike Mims, Mike Neal, Tyler Neal, Kelley Newton, Bo Overton, Ted Owens, Ann Price (wife of the late Denny Price), Bob Pritchard, Renzi Stone, William Tisdale, Billy Tubbs, Tommy Tubbs, John Underwood, Roland Ware, Jan Warner (former wife of the late Les Lane), Chuck Watson, Quannas White and Raymond Whitley.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, Aug. 28
7 a.m. - Morning golf registration at Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club
8 a.m. - Shotgun start for morning golfers
11:30 a.m. - Afternoon golf registration
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. - Lunch
12:45 p.m. - Shotgun start for afternoon golfers
6:30 p.m. - Dinner reception at Lloyd Noble Center
7 p.m. - Tip In Club and Wayman Tisdale Scholarship Fund Dinner honoring rebounding, steals and blocked shot leaders

Saturday, Aug. 29
Noon - Alumni Legends Game (LNC east doors open at 11 a.m.)
Postgame - Autographs from current/former Sooners and team poster photo shoot with fans

For more information, contact the OU men's basketball office at (405) 325-4732.

Thanks. I'm emailing the information to my son and 2 grandsons who recently moved to Edmond.

Wish I could be there. Would love to play a round with fellow Sooners.

The game is at noon tomorrow! Wish I could be there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back