OU @ Tech 6pm CST on ESPN+

A lot of people too ashamed to come back and eat their crow. A few come back and downplay this win as a 5.5 underdog in a hostile environment with an impossibly bad officiating group.

Most of the OU "fans" who post here actually have no shame. This was just the latest in an endless line of embarrassing Sooner game threads.

Whatever… been around since tisdale..
What’s your prediction for the season? How much do ya want to wager?

Why the need to predict? Is it the wish to be correct, perhaps to later say, I told y'all so?

Why not just take the season as it comes (especially in early January) and see how it goes? There's been a rush to assume the worst this season, and I just don't get it. Will the team show improvement as the season progresses? I don't pretend to know, but why rule it out?

Here's a fact for you: Every team in the Big 12 is good.

We beat a top 40 team (and the officials) on the road. That's worth celebrating.

A. Didn’t say it wasn’t a good win…was referring to Tinys post. It’s not like we beat the top half of the league.
B. Yup b12 is a very tough league… never said it wasn’t
C. Before league play 8/10 teams only had 2 or less losses. We were one of the two that had more than 2 losses.

I’ve been following OU Bball since tisdale…maybe you have followed longer… really doesn’t matter. I’m not done fair weather fan.

Can OU win some games, sure anything is possible. My bet is 7/11 at best.

Most of the OU "fans" who post here actually have no shame. This was just the latest in an endless line of embarrassing Sooner game threads.

for what ever reason that seems to be the nature of game threads

i don't like it either

Why the need to predict? Is it the wish to be correct, perhaps to later say, I told y'all so?

Why not just take the season as it comes (especially in early January) and see how it goes? There's been a rush to assume the worst this season, and I just don't get it. Will the team show improvement as the season progresses? I don't pretend to know, but why rule it out?

When he calls me out with whatever that was I respond. I’m very level headed, even coached some. Granted not college I have a different take.

I said I stood corrected on the win, when I saw the discrepancy in FT, and what was being called or not I figured it would be a loss. The guys fought and pulled it out. Congrats to them… SG and Cortez and uzan played well. I’d almost like to see SG play more… at least giving TG more breaks.

Again just my two cents.

If anyone says anything that doesn’t fit the moser is a god narrative we are called on it. Bunch of crap honestly

I thought there were two stretches where OU played some of their best basketball of the season (last 5 minutes of the first half and from the 11 minute mark to the 5 minute mark of the second half) this evening. This team plays best when spacing is good. I get irritated at the continual high pick/roll when it isn't working. As a few other posters have stated previously, when we stand around and dribble, we are playing with one hand tied behind our back.

I also understand different lineups can dictate what you are able (or not able) to do in offensive sets. I just believe a little less structure at times especially when we are driving/kicking so well.....that this can generate quality offense. Also, Sherfield needs to realize that in the Big 12......you are going to get roughed up a little. I don't think teams in the non-con exposed him to that very much. He needs to expect to get banged around some and sometimes fouls aren't going to be called. Right or wrong, you have to be that much tougher with the ball.

A. Didn’t say it wasn’t a good win…was referring to Tinys post. It’s not like we beat the top half of the league.

Tech is, as I type this, ranked 38th in Kenpom. If we had gone on the road as 5.5 underdogs and earned an OT win over, say, Memphis (35) or Maryland (39) or Michigan State (41), I think we'd all be pretty damn happy, especially if the officiating were as lopsided as it was tonight.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1611929190135205888?s=20&t=2yXtRx2UOJKTOb0Z_fp4YA[/TWEET]

for what ever reason that seems to be the nature of game threads

i don't like it either

I understand the concept of human nature. Cage-crazed fans of all schools will get emotional during the games and post their frustrations. Fine. What bothers me is someone will post negative crap 15-20 times during a game, and then either disappear after a win or downplay the win. I'll admit it's not something I've ever been able to relate to or ever will understand.

Great win on the road, those are hard to get. Well needed before going into Kansas.

I understand the concept of human nature. Cage-crazed fans of all schools will get emotional during the games and post their frustrations. Fine. What bothers me is someone will post negative crap 15-20 times during a game, and then either disappear after a win or downplay the win. I'll admit it's not something I've ever been able to relate to or ever will understand.

agreed on all counts

Great win for the team! Sounds like the officiating was horrendous.

Thrilled the guys found a way to win that. It was a depleted Tech lineup, but they had the 3 zebras to replace the injured players :)

Massive shoutout to Uzon for making those two FTs to tie the game at the end of regulation. A true freshman in his first conference road game. ONIONS.

Yeah what amazing basketball we played tonight. Watch out KU!

Great to get the win but that tech team was severely depleted. We continue to struggle mightily and this brand of basketball is nearly unwatchable.

Please stop watching. We’d get rid of one “fire Bob stoops” crowd!

Yeah what amazing basketball we played tonight. Watch out KU!

Great to get the win but that tech team was severely depleted. We continue to struggle mightily and this brand of basketball is nearly unwatchable.

Like other posters have clearly and correctly mentioned - the FT disparity shows the officials made up for TTech's depleted roster. Feel free to list all the OU wins you can remember which the opposition took 19 more free throws than OU.

And speaking of road wins, when was the last time there was a day which all 5 road teams won in conference matchups? I'm not sure I've seen that happen before. The Big XII is so tough to win on the road.

Back