OU @ Tech 6pm CST on ESPN+

Groves 4th foul I don't even think he touched anyone. But they didn't show replays of that play for me to be sure. Maybe he softly pushed someone and I didn't see it.

The production for college basketball on ESPN has gone way down hill. They replay plays that are several minutes old and not key plays after/as they happen. They've been doing the same thing for football too lately. The commentators have also gone way down hill for all sports. If you aren't going to show replays of key plays after they happen quit showing replays.

Sorry for that rant back to the game. The officiating was pretty one sided but our offensive play late in the 2nd half that led to the game being tied. Too much isolation and less movement than we had before for the most part. But the play in the final 2 minutes of OT was great.

Getting wins is all you need to do in the Big 12 right now. Interesting that road teams won all the games in the Big 12 yesterday.

Please stop watching. We’d get rid of one “fire Bob stoops” crowd!

Here come the post-win CoachTalk call-outs. Along with the ref whiners you can set your clock to them.

I never called to fire anyone but feel free to respond to anything you’ve made up in your head if it makes you feel better.

There were some missed calls on both sides. You can claim the refs were biased against us, like some of you must think there’s a national officiating conspiracy against us. But Tech was missing about 30% of their scoring. They were also more aggressive and physical. So blaming the refs again for it being close is silly. Free throw disparity doesn’t mean the refs were biased. Most of the time it means one team is getting to the basket and one team has slow-footed unathletic inside defenders.

It was a good road conference win. Those are very hard to get in the Big 12. I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Groves 4th foul I don't even think he touched anyone. But they didn't show replays of that play for me to be sure. Maybe he softly pushed someone and I didn't see it.

The production for college basketball on ESPN has gone way down hill. They replay plays that are several minutes old and not key plays after/as they happen. They've been doing the same thing for football too lately. The commentators have also gone way down hill for all sports. If you aren't going to show replays of key plays after they happen quit showing replays.

Sorry for that rant back to the game. The officiating was pretty one sided but our offensive play late in the 2nd half that led to the game being tied. Too much isolation and less movement than we had before for the most part. But the play in the final 2 minutes of OT was great.

Getting wins is all you need to do in the Big 12 right now. Interesting that road teams won all the games in the Big 12 yesterday.

ESPN+ makes me stabby. I hate it so much

There were some missed calls on both sides. You can claim the refs were biased against us, like some of you must think there’s a national officiating conspiracy against us. But Tech was missing about 30% of their scoring. They were also more aggressive and physical. So blaming the refs again for it being close is silly. Free throw disparity doesn’t mean the refs were biased. Most of the time it means one team is getting to the basket and one team has slow-footed unathletic inside defenders.

It was a good road conference win. Those are very hard to get in the Big East 12. I’ll leave it at that.

Except ou went to the basket all game long.

Except ou went to the basket all game long.

And they didn’t get fouled much. Tech did a good job of defending without fouling and they have longer more athletic defenders. Some coaches harp on defending without fouling. Billy Donovan talks about it all the time.

And they didn’t get fouled much. Tech did a good job of defending without fouling and they have longer more athletic defenders. Some coaches harp on defending without fouling. Billy Donovan talks about it all the time.

It’s well known that Moser harps on defending WITH fouling. It’s the new rage…

The officiating was impossibly bad. There is nothing to debate there.

It’s well known that Moser harps on defending WITH fouling. It’s the new rage…

The officiating was impossibly bad. There is nothing to debate there.

Sure, it was the refs. I didn’t hear you complaining in the previous game when it was 5-0 fouls to start the second half in our favor.

Last edited:
One positive: I like the small lineup with Hill at the 5. Obviously we can’t go to that against every team. I like having Uzan in the game with Cortes and Sherfield, with Jacob and Hill. Seems like we get out and run more too. It’s more uptempo and this team must get easy baskets.

Sure, it was the refs. I didn’t hear you complaining in the previous game in the when it was 5-0 fouls to start the second half in our favor.

Seriously? Isu had almost twice as many free throw attempts as ou in norman (the home team seems to get the benefit of the doubt against us).

How about Hollywood higgins missing the call where the isu shot went into the upper deck and he didn’t call it out of bounds? Resulted in 2 or 3 points for isu. Worst call I’ve ever seen probably.

Seriously? Isu had almost twice as many free throw attempts as ou in norman (the home team seems to get the benefit of the doubt against us).

How about Hollywood higgins missing the call where the isu shot went into the upper deck and he didn’t call it out of bounds? Resulted in 2 or 3 points for isu. Worst call I’ve ever seen probably.

Yes that was a bad call. Go watch the tape and report the bad calls that went our way.

Every game the other team shoots more free throws than us.

Some posters here: IT’S THE REFS!

Arkansas shot more free throws, Villanova shot more free throws, Texas shot more free throws, ISU shot more free throws, TT shot more free throws.

“Hi! It’s me, I’m the problem it’s me.” Hahaha

Tech shoots 19 more FT's than us and this guy thinks the refs had nothing to do with that? Amazing

Tech shoots 19 more FT's than us and this guy thinks the refs had nothing to do with that? Amazing

So you’re saying it’s the ref’s job to make sure both teams take the same amount of free throws? Weird

I agree with other posters who have said having quarters instead of halves would help. But you play the game with the rules you have.

It is getting bad. In football when they show the starting lineups, they've quit showing their grade classifications. Really weird. That's something i really look for to see how much experience the line has and stuff. I have no clue why these morons would decide to give the customers LESS information and to quit something they've been doing for decades

Here come the post-win CoachTalk call-outs. Along with the ref whiners you can set your clock to them.

I never called to fire anyone but feel free to respond to anything you’ve made up in your head if it makes you feel better.

Sorry had a late game last night. Championships are played at night.

One positive: I like the small lineup with Hill at the 5. Obviously we can’t go to that against every team. I like having Uzan in the game with Cortes and Sherfield, with Jacob and Hill. Seems like we get out and run more too. It’s more uptempo and this team must get easy baskets.

i liked that also a good change up

It is getting bad. In football when they show the starting lineups, they've quit showing their grade classifications. Really weird. That's something i really look for to see how much experience the line has and stuff. I have no clue why these morons would decide to give the customers LESS information and to quit something they've been doing for decades

The commentators are also awful for the most part. I used to complain about some in the FSN days but I would take any of those any day of the week. ESPN has cut their talent budgets so much the last few years and you can tell.

So you’re saying it’s the ref’s job to make sure both teams take the same amount of free throws? Weird

I agree with other posters who have said having quarters instead of halves would help. But you play the game with the rules you have.

It’s their responsibility to make sure the calls are the same on both ends. It wasn’t last night. We attacked the basket a lot and didn’t get many calls despite contact. The refs have a responsibility to call a fair game. If it’s a foul on one end, it’s a foul on both ends. Watching the other team routinely hack with no call when we get called for less is a direct result of poor officiating, intentional or not.

Last night’s officiating was fu king horrible in favor of tech.

Back