OU @ Tech 6pm CST on ESPN+

College basketball refs are independent contractors who work for multiple leagues and have no ties to an individual conference. Why would guys who call games in every P5 conference hold a grudge against OU and Texas?

It’s their responsibility to make sure the calls are the same on both ends. It wasn’t last night. We attacked the basket a lot and didn’t get many calls despite contact. The refs have a responsibility to call a fair game. If it’s a foul on one end, it’s a foul on both ends. Watching the other team routinely hack with no call when we get called for less is a direct result of poor officiating, intentional or not.

Last night’s officiating was fu king horrible in favor of tech.

I actually watched the game again since I have no life lol. Tech did not “routinely hack.” They do a great job of defending without reaching and without slapping down on the wrist. In fact, I think they would have been better off hacking Uzan a few times on some of his nearly uncontested layups.

Did Bamisile make the trip? Didn't see him on the bench.

In general, FT disparity is a TERRIBLE way to judge refs. Same with foul count. Neither of those things need to be equal or even close to equal in order for refs to do a good job.

It’s all about context and consistency. In the context of a game if both teams are legitimately fouling each other at same rate and the calls are not being made equally, THAT is an issue.

I didn’t WATCH the Tech game. In SoCal for work and listened to it on XM while navigating horrid LA traffic. Toby was losing his mind over refs— he does that a lot though so not sure if he can be “trusted” there but he did seem more incredulous about it than usual. As an aside, Kevin Henry is GREAT. He is very focused and knows the game. Doesn’t speak in cliches. Gives specifics. He’s rooting for OU of course, but he isn’t above being critical. He and Toby have good chemistry. Basketball is a tough radio sport and they do a great job.

I'm glad i didn't follow this game thread.
Very nice win. Any road win in this conference is great. Esp in lubbock.

In general, FT disparity is a TERRIBLE way to judge refs. Same with foul count. Neither of those things need to be equal or even close to equal in order for refs to do a good job.

It’s all about context and consistency. In the context of a game if both teams are legitimately fouling each other at same rate and the calls are not being made equally, THAT is an issue.

I didn’t WATCH the Tech game. In SoCal for work and listened to it on XM while navigating horrid LA traffic. Toby was losing his mind over refs— he does that a lot though so not sure if he can be “trusted” there but he did seem more incredulous about it than usual. As an aside, Kevin Henry is GREAT. He is very focused and knows the game. Doesn’t speak in cliches. Gives specifics. He’s rooting for OU of course, but he isn’t above being critical. He and Toby have good chemistry. Basketball is a tough radio sport and they do a great job.

This post is very reasonable. I have never posted anything about officiating, for or against any of my favorite teams. As a former athlete, I've always believed officiating will mostly balance out, and when it seems to be against you, keep playing as hard as you can and don't worry about it.

This is one of the few games I had a chance to watch in it's entirety, and I believe Tech did get away with numerous fouls, they were calling on us. I would not try to use it as an excuse had we lost, but I do believe it made the win even better.

This post is very reasonable. I have never posted anything about officiating, for or against any of my favorite teams. As a former athlete, I've always believed officiating will mostly balance out, and when it seems to be against you, keep playing as hard as you can and don't worry about it.

This is one of the few games I had a chance to watch in it's entirety, and I believe Tech did get away with numerous fouls, they were calling on us. I would not try to use it as an excuse had we lost, but I do believe it made the win even better.

Agree.

but 1 holding call for all of big 12 football vs ou was a shame!!! lol

Back