#7 OU vs #11 UNC Jumpman Invitational 8PM CST on ESPN

UNC is a good team, but I didn't feel like we were outclassed & out manned like we would have been in the past.

Floor awareness. Several times the trailing NC player slapped and stole the ball from an OU player dribbling down the floor.
UNC just looked to be more skilled and athletic than OU. We were making passes and not getting any good looks.

Floor awareness. Several times the trailing NC player slapped and stole the ball from an OU player dribbling down the floor.
UNC just looked to be more skilled and athletic than OU. We were making passes and not getting any good looks.

I think this was purely a "strength of schedule" game. UNC had played some stout teams, including a big-time game with Kentucky. They had reached conference level intensity, and we were still in the mindset of beating up on Green Bay...

I think this was purely a "strength of schedule" game. UNC had played some stout teams, including a big-time game with Kentucky. They had reached conference level intensity, and we were still in the mindset of beating up on Green Bay...
head-scratcher.jpg

If you mean after a month in conference they would be use to constant high level competition, and better able to handle the moment, then I would agree. That doesn't mean they win, there will be ups and downs, NC wins more than 5 out of 10 IMO.

Back