• 24 and 11 against KU
  • 15 and 9 against WVU
  • 15 and 11 against ISU
  • 15 and 7 against UT
  • 21 and 10 against TCU
  • 14 and 4 against Baylor
  • 10 and 4 against TT
  • 19 and 9 against ISU

17 points and 8 rebounds per game in the last 8 games. Primed to take us to the NCAA Tournament and be a "star" piece for next years team. If Harmon, Reaves, and Williams pan out at the guard spots.... watch out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZUUMn1t00k&feature=youtu.be&t=12

Doo and Manek compliment each other VERY well. They are both good passers and each bring a scoring threat to the lineup! I love that Manek has added some post moves. I've always loved the "up and under" move down low.

his passing is underrated. that hi-lo with manek has been nice. i feel like he is having a senior type year already. so i am excited to see where he progresses.

I've got a feeling we will lament Doolittle not being redshirted last season. Hell, I already do.

Doo is our best player. It may not always show up in the stats, but he's the guy. He's the engine.

I've got a feeling we will lament Doolittle not being redshirted last season. Hell, I already do.

Doo is our best player. It may not always show up in the stats, but he's the guy. He's the engine.

Didn't even consider that.... bad decision. Like not redshirting Longar Longar his true freshman season.

Especially considering how much he struggled to get his legs under him again. Not only did we just get half a season from him, it wasn't even an especially good half season.

I can't wait to see him next season -- if he comes out of the gate the way he's closing out this season, he's going to be special.

Doo and Manek compliment each other VERY well. They are both good passers and each bring a scoring threat to the lineup! I love that Manek has added some post moves. I've always loved the "up and under" move down low.

I agree. They have played together for years and you can tell they have Chemistry. I also give credit to Lon. He has changed the offense so that Manek is now feeding Doolittle underneath so that Manek's guy cannot cheat down and double team Doo as was the case a few games ago when Manek would stand in the opposite corner of the offense away from the ball.

Absolute agreement. It already stings.

BUT...I do think the coaching staff did the right thing. Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think anybody expected our season to come crashing down the way it did. It was all hands on deck, and I certainly expected Doolittle to be able to contribute. Redshirting him would have felt Jason Detrick-ish.

Absolute agreement. It already stings.

BUT...I do think the coaching staff did the right thing. Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think anybody expected our season to come crashing down the way it did. It was all hands on deck, and I certainly expected Doolittle to be able to contribute. Redshirting him would have felt Jason Detrick-ish.

Now that was an interesting redshirt.... Jason Detrick. Good player, but a log jam at his position, and Sampson knew he would need him the next year.

But Doolittle couldn't even practice. Wasn't even around. He was like that Iwaukor kid, just wandering in the wilderness and working out on his own. Yikers!

Detrick may have been Kelvin's biggest roster snafu. The 2003 team could not score, and Detrick would've been a nice spark off the bench. Then he goes out and gets hurt in the next year's preseason and is a shell of himself for months.

Hindsight, sports fans. Hindsight. Probably could've redshirted Odomes in 2016 as well, but I digress.

I couldn’t agree more! Doo is not only our best player, he continues to get better with every outing.

KU had no answer for him last night. He’s a monster deluxe on the boards and from fifteen and in where he has an assortment of shots and moves to score or get fouled. I would also rather see him on the free throw line right now than anyone on the team.

Would the person who early in the conference play said Doolittle should be benched for taking a mid range jumper please step up and have a plate of crow.

We have a pretty good team. Not a great one but pretty good. But we are in a conference where every team except possible OSU can beat any other team on any given night. There are no cupcakes. and except for Baylor and Kansas State we have been competitive in every game.

Doolittle has exceeded my expectations. Manek has made progress and become a more complete player. Bieniemy has done well but needs to be looking to score more. Would rather have him take a long jumper as the clock runs out than James or Odomes.

The biggest negative is McNeace with Reynolds a close second. And the dropoff by James and Calixte has hurt.

But Doolittle couldn't even practice. Wasn't even around. He was like that Iwaukor kid, just wandering in the wilderness and working out on his own. Yikers!

Detrick may have been Kelvin's biggest roster snafu. The 2003 team could not score, and Detrick would've been a nice spark off the bench. Then he goes out and gets hurt in the next year's preseason and is a shell of himself for months.

Hindsight, sports fans. Hindsight. Probably could've redshirted Odomes in 2016 as well, but I digress.

The Doolittle we've seen this year would have been a perfect addition to last year's team had the Trae train kept rolling. His defense, rebounding, and toughness is just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, the wheels came off and Doo's contributions didn't matter. I felt he was coming back to form by the end of the season, and had we made a deep run, I don't think his 12 rebound NCAA performances would have gone unnoticed. In the same way that KS made the wrong choice with Detrick and Capel made the right choice with Patillo, I still think LK made the right choice, and this is coming from somebody supposedly in the evil anti-LK empire. We just had some bad luck.

Good points, Eielson. My lament stems more from looking toward 2021. Got a chance to bring the full artillery that season, and Doo would've been a big gun. Oh well.

Good points, Eielson. My lament stems more from looking toward 2021. Got a chance to bring the full artillery that season, and Doo would've been a big gun. Oh well.

Agreed.

Would the person who early in the conference play said Doolittle should be benched for taking a mid range jumper please step up and have a plate of crow.

We have a pretty good team. Not a great one but pretty good. But we are in a conference where every team except possible OSU can beat any other team on any given night. There are no cupcakes. and except for Baylor and Kansas State we have been competitive in every game.

Doolittle has exceeded my expectations. Manek has made progress and become a more complete player. Bieniemy has done well but needs to be looking to score more. Would rather have him take a long jumper as the clock runs out than James or Odomes.

The biggest negative is McNeace with Reynolds a close second. And the dropoff by James and Calixte has hurt.

That wasn't me but I did say he's not a 3 and I still stand by that. His ball handling isn't there. He's a very good player though.

That wasn't me but I did say he's not a 3 and I still stand by that. His ball handling isn't there. He's a very good player though.

See, I disagree, I think he might be the best ball handler on the team other than JB. Now, that may say more about the lack of ball handling skills for our guards than it does about Doo, but I actually feel very comfortable with him handling the ball. Sure, he will occasionally get stripped when a wing digs down to double team, but that happens to just about every frontcourt player. But he does a nice job starting the break when he gets a defensive rebound, and last night destroyed KU off the dribble.

Back