For all the Blake haters on the board

Who here hates on Blake?

Give me their names..

I don't hate him, but I don't really consider myself a fan of his either.

Last edited:
I don't hate him, but I don't really consider myself s fan of his either.

I'm assuming you understand that no one who has ever played hoops at OU has his name mentioned to recruits...and will continue to be used for recruiting for many tears to come, than Blake Griffin.

I understand there are a lot of Thunder fans on this board, but I'm not getting why those fans do not like Blake Griffin. I've been a LA Lakers fan since Jerry West and Wilt were still playing...and somehow I can remain a huge Blake Griffin fan who only roots against him making shots when they're playing the Lakers.

I root for him and don't see any reason not to. I'm a fan of his but not his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to label me a Blake hater I guess you can.

Although I root the the Thunder, I watch as many Clippers games as I can cause I root for Blake just as hard as I do the Thunder. That still does not mean I like or approve of some of his on the court actions. So if that is what you call a Blake hater, I guess I am one.

And just so you know, I am not a fan of Ibaka at all. He helps the thunder but same issue I have with Blake.

I'm assuming you understand that no one who has ever played hoops at OU has his name mentioned to recruits...and will continue to be used for recruiting for many tears to come, than Blake Griffin.

I understand there are a lot of Thunder fans on this board, but I'm not getting why those fans do not like Blake Griffin. I've been a LA Lakers fan since Jerry West and Wilt were still playing...and somehow I can remain a huge Blake Griffin fan who only roots against him making shots when they're playing the Lakers.

I don't really want to get into specifics, I've done that in the past, b/c they touch on sensitive subjects around here. My dislike, or indifference, has nothing to do with what NBA team he plays for.

I also think at this point his name and the fact that he spent two years at OU probably does us very little good in recruiting. Can't hurt. But I doubt it does much going forward. Blake's popularity now is b/c of his NBA game, and the OU program has changed quite a bit since Blake has left.

I don't see why it's a big deal that an OU fan doesn't particularly like an OU player. Regardless of how good he was/is. Like I said, it's not that I hate him, or actively root against him. I just really don't care. Somebody posts an article here about him, I generally don't even click on the thread.

It may not mean much but I will tell the story anyway..

This summerr, a large group of us were on a bachelor party in LA and saw BG at a club. Obviously everyone in the club was trying to get at him. We happened to be have a table near his and yelled to him we were all from OU. He came by and shook our hands, shot the sh!t for a bit, and then he went back to his table.

Having been at ou while he was there, we had run into him a few times in the past and he always seemed like a genuinely nice dude. He seemed like the same kind of down to Earth, Oklahoma guy.

Toward the end of the night, the waitress walks over with another bottle and said that Blake grabbed our $6k tab for the night.

Last edited:
Of course OU can drop BG's name when recruiting; it hasn't been all that long. And the average 16- or 17-year-old won't have a clue that he played for Coach Kruger's predecessor.

I get that fans of teams other than the Clippers won't be cheering for BG at this point in his career, but I know a few OU fans (including one of my nephews, who is not otherwise a dumbass) who have turned on him 180 degrees and consider him the devil (or something close to it), and they get really ugly in expressing their disdain for him. That, I don't understand.

These guys were bad enough during the playoffs that I found myself cheering against the Thunder when they played San Antonio in last season's playoffs, something I never would have expected to do.

Last edited:
I am a massive thunder fan as well as a massive Blake fan. He's from OKC and he brought us out of the gutter at the time. He's one of the better basketball representatives OU has ever had. I don't get why OU/Thunder fans don't care for him. One of my favorite players in the league.

It may not mean much but I will tell the story anyway..

This summerr, a large group of us were on a bachelor party in LA and saw BG at a club. Obviously everyone in the club was trying to get at him. We happened to be have a table near his and yelled to him we were all from OU. He came by and shook our hands, shot the sh!t for a bit, and then he went back to his table.

Having been at ou while he was there, we had run into him a few times in the past and he always seemed like a genuinely nice dude. He seemed like the same kind of down to Earth, Oklahoma guy.

Toward the end of the night, the waitress walks over with another bottle and said that Blake grabbed our $6k tab for the night.

Great story and very good example of who Blake is. He represents OU and the state of Oklahoma very well.

$6K?? I'm at least 25 years older than you, so it's been a while since I attended a bachelor party, but sheesh! Times have changed (unless there were 60+ people at the party).

$6K?? I'm at least 25 years older than you, so it's been a while since I attended a bachelor party, but sheesh! Times have changed (unless there were 60+ people at the party).

Translation: skyvue don't pop bottles in da club.

I like BG, but... He has become the biggest baby, whiner, wuss in the league when it comes to fouls and refs.

I know the whole league is bad, but he does it EVERY trip down the floor!

I like BG, but... He has become the biggest baby, whiner, wuss in the league when it comes to fouls and refs.

I know the whole league is bad, but he does it EVERY trip down the floor!

Did it in college too.

Did it in college too.

He got routinely roughed up in college and those fouls were far too seldom called. But you overstate his reaction to it by quite a bit.

How can anybody not like Blake? Even if you question his game you have to like his commercials and his sense of humor. Michael Jordan and Shaq were pretty good at commercials but Blake has taken it to another level.

At the same time you rarely hear about any off court issues or troubles. I was impressed with his jump shot last year. It probably improved 200%. This year it's even better. If he had that shot in college he would've probably been Player of the Year. Oh, wait a moment.

What if we had a comedy festival in Norman and called it The Blake Griffin Comedy Festival? Do you think he'd be on board? Do you think Thunder Fans would resent it and not attend?

Back