For all the Blake haters on the board

In college the fouls were a lot worse and cheap shots at times... Not nearly as bad as the nba. Which i know its part of the game, everyone does it... etc..

In college the fouls were a lot worse and cheap shots at times... Not nearly as bad as the nba. Which i know its part of the game, everyone does it... etc..

The Thunder have the dirtiest player in the league---- Serge Ibaka.

This is strictly a Thunder issue and it pisses me off. If the Thunder were not in OKC virtually every sports fan in the state (even most OSU fans) would take great pride in an OK kid tearing up the NBA. There would be virtually no scrutiny of his so called "dirty" antics or complaining on the court. Screw the Thunder and especially screw Matt Pinto. I refuse to listen to anything that fool has to say. I was at one of the Thunder vs Clipper playoff games last year and you would have thought BG was the villain of some WWF match or something with all the hate spewed towards him. Of course he went for 34 pts and 17 rebounds that night, so I loved cheering him on the entire time.

This is strictly a Thunder issue and it pisses me off. If the Thunder were not in OKC virtually every sports fan in the state (even most OSU fans) would take great pride in an OK kid tearing up the NBA. There would be virtually no scrutiny of his so called "dirty" antics or complaining on the court. Screw the Thunder and especially screw Matt Pinto. I refuse to listen to anything that fool has to say. I was at one of the Thunder vs Clipper playoff games last year and you would have thought BG was the villain of some WWF match or something with all the hate spewed towards him. Of course he went for 34 pts and 17 rebounds that night, so I loved cheering him on the entire time.

Matt Pinto does go overboard, but what do you expect. He is paid by the Thunder, Blake generally plays really good against the Thunder, and Ibaka has issues with Blake and since paid by the Thunder will back Ibaka. ( yes, I agree Ibaka is dirty)

And be realistic here if any player in the NBA did some of the so called "Dirty" antics against your favorite team, you would build up a distaste for that player. I mean thunder treat World Peace and Patrick Beverly similar, they just are not as good as Blake. Cleveland Treated Lebron that way and he just left them. Its the home team mentality.

***You don't think that Clippers fans show hate for Ibaka? ***

As most other fans, I think most enjoy watching Blake when he is playing against the Spurs, Boston or another team not named the Thunder. I personally route for Blake to do well, but I just do not like his coach or PG buddy so I have a hard time routing them to win especially against the Thunder. My dislike of the coach and PG is probably baseless, but you always got to have someone to route against. With that said I do watch a lot of Clippers games to watch Blake.

Last edited:
He got routinely roughed up in college and those fouls were far too seldom called.

Irrelevant.

Play the game, and let your coach worry about it. Especially when you are a freshman and a sophomore.

Play the game, and let your coach worry about it. Especially when you are a freshman and a sophomore.

I agree, and that's what he did.

It's funny -- he gets called out in some corners for being too passive about the pounding he takes and he gets chastised by other observers for whining too much.

Sounds to me as if he can't really win. The haters gonna hate, I guess.

I don't like horn KD and karma caught him for coming down on teammates rooting for OU vs Texas. I couldn't care less about the Thunder and am a fan of Sooner Blake.

I don't like horn KD and karma caught him for coming down on teammates rooting for OU vs Texas. I couldn't care less about the Thunder and am a fan of Sooner Blake.

Well said! Love to see the Clippers take down the Thunder this year!

I root for BG unless he is playing the Thunder. Definitely not a Clippers fan, although now that they have a new owner I might let them be second :p

I like the Clips. Any team that has taken lumps like that I like to see turn around. With the new owner I am excited for them.

Plus they have Blake and he's such a good kid that you can't help but like him (which is why I dont see how anyone could dislike him. you've gotta be off your rocker)

Back