Frank Martin cracks me up...

ben

Reaction score
Seriously, have you ever seen a scarier or more intense coach? You can't tell me that guy doesn't slap around his players.

I was just thinking about that. I kinda like the guy.

Gotta respect a coach who is wearing a shirt, tie, vest and three button coat THE ENTIRE GAME. It has to be 80 something degrees on the floor. He's a crazy SOB and I love it.

He's by far not the best coach around....but his teams play with some fire despite their holes...I can root for that

Gotta respect a coach who is wearing a shirt, tie, vest and three button coat THE ENTIRE GAME. It has to be 80 something degrees on the floor. He's a crazy SOB and I love it.

He was sweating through them all.

He really likes screaming the f-word in his players faces. One game after hitting a player, it doesn't seem like he's trying to calm down at all.

To me it honestly doesn't seem like he has much control over himself or his team. It can't be a good sign when your players are constantly patting your coach on the shoulder and trying to talk him down. Also during one time out when Martin was twisting off Sutton just walked away from the huddle.

To me it honestly doesn't seem like he has much control over himself or his team. It can't be a good sign when your players are constantly patting your coach on the shoulder and trying to talk him down. Also during one time out when Martin was twisting off Sutton just walked away from the huddle.

It's quite probable that Frank Martin will have KSU at there highest ranking ever next week and you want to say that he's not a good coach? :rolleyes:

And by the way, they just beat the #1 team in the country that most people would say have more talent.

Kstate has had far better coaches than Frank. That said he has renewed interest in the program and IMO deserves accolades.

Kstate has had far better coaches than Frank. That said he has renewed interest in the program and IMO deserves accolades.

Far better? He has this team ranked 9 and will move up in the polls. KSU explodes with talent this bench goes a solid 10 team. I look at OU's 10 deep and its not even close. Huge talent gap

Tex Winter? Yes, FAR better. I am sorry but that's like comparing John Wayne to Peewee Herman (Tex being the Duke).

Tex Winter? Yes, FAR better. I am sorry but that's like comparing John Wayne to Peewee Herman (Tex being the Duke).

Well time will tell frank is in his 3rd year and has a top 10 ranked team right now, he has strong support and solid attendance this year.

He has great depth and talent. The KSU bench makes OU's bench look like a juco team.

It's quite probable that Frank Martin will have KSU at there highest ranking ever next week and you want to say that he's not a good coach? :rolleyes:

When did I say he wasn't a "good coach"? It's not a black and white situation. Martin is obviously a great recruiter, and he's done a nice job with this team. However his lack of control can and will cost them at times. Does that make him a terrible coach? No.

i think most of us at some point bagged on him being named coach after Huggins...but he has taken this team to a top 10 ranking and they are doing things that have not been done in Wildcat country for a long time...Beasley and Walker got the ball rolling, that's for sure, but Martin has done a great job of replacing that talent and making them a better team...

Doesnt hurt when your home court advantage is strong, that place is amazing...

Bramlage is constructed for a game like that...the seat configuration is much like that of The Pit in Albuquerque. Also helps when you fill out some 5 full sections of students.

Martin reminds me a drill sergeant in basic training. I'm surprised he doesn't coach in a smokey bear hat.

I actually think K State might have equal talent to Texas. The more I watch of the Horns, the less impressed I become. Losing Ward was huge, because there is a huge dropoff after Balbay. I'm kinda glad we didn't get Lucas now.

I actually think K State might have equal talent to Texas. The more I watch of the Horns, the less impressed I become. Losing Ward was huge, because there is a huge dropoff after Balbay. I'm kinda glad we didn't get Lucas now.

I would hardly consider Avery Bradley a drop-off.

Back