Future of Moser

Lots of checked in.

and we upgraded.
Those are two entirely separate issues. There is no doubt that Moser wanted Hill, Gibson, and possibly Harkless to stay. It’s fine to lose guys like Jacob and CJ. In fact, I’d argue that’s a good thing. But if you’re losing players you want to keep, that’s not a good thing. But my main point is that if anyone is worried about roster change due to a coaching change, there is absolutely no guarantee you’ll get guys back anyway these days.

But who’s to say our roster won’t turn over even if he stays? He’s had three starters transfer the past two seasons, all to lower level programs.

It’s gonna turn over some. Just like every team in America but

Those are two entirely separate issues. There is no doubt that Moser wanted Hill, Gibson, and possibly Harkless to stay. It’s fine to lose guys like Jacob and CJ. In fact, I’d argue that’s a good thing. But if you’re losing players you want to keep, that’s not a good thing. But my main point is that if anyone is worried about roster change due to a coaching change, there is absolutely no guarantee you’ll get guys back anyway these days.

Keep moving those goal posts.

Keep moving those goal posts.
Where did I change my position? Both my posts that you have replied to said the same thing: we have lost starters the past two seasons, so it’s not automatic that our roster will remain stable if he doesn’t leave. I don’t think you know what moving the goal posts means.

But who’s to say our roster won’t turn over even if he stays? He’s had three starters transfer the past two seasons, all to lower level programs.
One of these greatly increases the the chances for turnover. Him staying is not it.

One of these greatly increases the the chances for turnover. Him staying is not it.
If he left, it's not assured that we'd see a mass exodus. Coach Baranczyk managed to retain nearly all of Coach Coale's players (and quickly get better results from them).

You're right, there is no guarantee. But the odds would not be in our favor.

If he left, it's not assured that we'd see a mass exodus. Coach Baranczyk managed to retain nearly all of Coach Coale's players (and quickly get better results from them).

There is no comparison between womens and men’s basketball in terms of NIL competitiveness.

There is no comparison between womens and men’s basketball in terms of NIL competitiveness.
The women had at least three players any team would have been happy to have. And NIL wasn't at this level when the players we're talking about left. I'm not sure Moser's lost a single player because of NIL (someone will correct me, I'm sure, if I'm wrong).

The women had at least three players any team would have been happy to have. And NIL wasn't at this level when the players we're talking about left. I'm not sure Moser's lost a single player because of NIL (someone will correct me, I'm sure, if I'm wrong).
Unless UNLV and DePaul are breaking the bank, I don’t think you’re wrong.

Unless UNLV and DePaul are breaking the bank, I don’t think you’re wrong.

As a matter of fact both programs offered more. Level 1 source.

I'm confused what you mean here
I believe he's saying Hill and Gibson got better NIL offers from UNLV and Depaul, respectively, than OU offered them. I'm still not convinced that's the primary reason either of them transferred out, though.

I believe he's saying Hill and Gibson got better NIL offers from UNLV and Depaul, respectively, than OU offered them. I'm still not convinced that's the primary reason either of them transferred out, though.
Aww.. i forget gibson went to depaul so i was thinking about depaul as to moser. Thanks

For all the OU Hoops insiders, what percentage do you think Moser leaves? On ouinsider, the mods are reporting that something is off with moser within the basketball program lately, similar to Riley when he was leaving. I really hope he doesn’t leave.

For all the OU Hoops insiders, what percentage do you think Moser leaves? On ouinsider, the mods are reporting that something is off with moser within the basketball program lately, similar to Riley when he was leaving. I really hope he doesn’t leave.

70/30 he’s gone

70/30 he’s gone
Wow… like Sampson, a bball coach wants fans and support from the admin for absence they want. Bball has always been and always will be 2nd behind football.

Heck I’d argue it’s behind softball now.. even the gymnastics programs are more successful. Women’s bball has been better (granted, easier to be in the top 25 there) but coach has been to ncaa both years and probably there this year minus a total collapse. Heck might even win b12.

Wouldn’t surprise me, honestly I’m ok with it… definitely if he doesn’t want to be here.

Back