Future of Moser

I’m trying not to get my hopes up. If it’s true and we are lucky enough to get paid and get an opportunity to get a new coach, I’ll spend more time thinking about who I want Joe to pursue. I don’t see any scenario where Will Wade is a candidate. Dude is a known cheater and it would be a complete 180 for Joe to associate with someone like that.

As for the kind of coach I want, he would be someone who can coach offense, develop players, understands the level of athlete you need in the SEC, and isn’t a self-promoter.

McDermott would be amazing, but that isn't happening. You want a somewhat legit option (even though its not happening) that I'd take over Kellen, he'd be it. But I'm guessing he has turned down better jobs than OU to stay at Creighton over the years.

One chicago source says its not happening but so much smoke...

I think its kellen if it does happen.

DeVries would be really good IMO.

Bc I am tired of seeing the Kellen talk.

Below is a list of all CURRENT P5 coaches that had no head coaching stint prior to taking their current position. (NBA excluded)

ConfTeamCoachKP Rank PriorKP Rank CurrentTimeTourneyPrev Asst?Yrs as Assistant
Big EastDePaulTony Stubblefield1413153 years011 yrs Oregon18
Big12Kansas StJerome Tang61672 years119 yrs Baylor19
Big12Oklahoma StateMike Boynton591077 years11 yr OSU12
Big12West VirginiaJosh Eilert191421 year01 yr WVU1 (15 Ops)
Big10NorthwesternChris Collins1324211 years3*13 yrs Duke15
Big10WisconsinGreg Gard2219 years7*14 yrs Wisky25
Big10Michigan StTom Izzo?1928 years27*12 yrs Mich St16
Big10IndianaMike Woodson50863 years2NBA25
Big10MinnesotaBen Johnson62753 years03 yrs Xavier15
Big10MichiganJuwan Howard61275 years36 yrs Heat6
SECVanderbiltJerry Stackhouse1551875 years0NBA2
ACCNorth CarolinaHubert Davis3483 years2*9 yrs UNC9
ACCDukeJon Scheyer872 years2*8 yrs Duke8
ACCSyracuseAdrian Autry118791 year012 yrs Syracuse17
ACCLouisvilleKenny Payne1271972 years02 yrs NBA18
Pac12ArizonaTommy Lloyd2963 years3*20 yrs Zags20
Pac12WashingtonMike Hopkins163597 years122 yrs Syracuse22

More often than not, it is a failed experiment. Some of these coaches are being fired this year. I am sure if I grabbed some from last year, we would see more of the same.

I will add that correlation with NBA experience and HC seems to = fired.

This is cryptic. Can't confirm but also didn't say it wasn't happening.

What does this say about the state of the program if someone leaves for a 3-28 team?
Some will disagree, but I think it's more about culture and going "home" than it is him throwing in the towel on the OU program.

That said, his seat, even with us making the Tournament this year, is/was getting hotter. Lose Uzan and maybe JM this offseason. Miss the Tournament next year? At least if he leaves now he can pick his destination.

JMO.

Some will disagree, but I think it's more about culture and going "home" than it is him throwing in the towel on the OU program.

That said, his seat, even with us making the Tournament this year, is/was getting hotter. Lose Uzan and maybe JM this offseason. Miss the Tournament next year? At least if he leaves now he can pick his destination.

JMO.
If he leaves it's 100% about going home. That said, I don't think he's going home if he thinks he's set up to succeed at Oklahoma. If that were the case, he could "go home" when Underwood moves from Illinois or when Northwestern's coach gets a better job.

I actually think that's more likely. Northwestern's coach gets a big time job and Porter moves to Northwestern. They can move back to Wilmette or Winnetka or whatever W town they lived in and be in the Big 10.

Saint Louis rumors are popping up on the Trilly discord.

If I'm Moser...I'm adamant on leaving OU, and SLU wanted me, I'd go there over DePaul, for sure. It's not Chicago, sure, but a much better setup right now.

Back