Future of Moser

Almost posted that exact thing this morning.

The uncertainty and seemingly back and forth of these rumors pointed to just that, Moser trying to get more out of OU while also trying to find a landing spot if that didn't happen.

Let's be honest.....Moser is admitting HE cannot win at OU with the current set-up. That doesn't mean all of the coaches out there can't. We just need to find somebody that gets 95% out of his roster, and not 75% (made up percentages). I think, for now, in the short-term, I'd be pretty happy with the results that produced.

Word to the wise: Make the tournament before you start bluffing any school lol.
Porter Moser, who's been to the tourney 0 times at OU (should change this year, duh), and has only won 55% of his games at OU, brought a knife to a gunfight.

But again, I hope the OU AD gives in. If not, the next coach will be at a disadvantage as well. JMO, which could definitely be wrong (lol).

Well, Joe’s average hire will struggle to make top half of any conference we are in. Not sure that is exciting lol.

Porter Moser, who's been to the tourney 0 times at OU (should change this year, duh), and has only won 55% of his games at OU, brought a knife to a gunfight.

But again, I hope the OU AD gives in. If not, the next coach will be at a disadvantage as well. JMO, which could definitely be wrong (lol).
But keep in mind, we are relying on this information about him posturing to OU and Joe C to get more from an account that has more missed calls than correct calls, and called Porter to DePaul a done deal less than 5 hours ago before backtracking.

IMO, this may be a case of them trying to find a way out and be right more than Porter overplaying his hand.

I totally believe Porter and his agent may have talked with Joe about how to get more support and commitment to him and the basketball program; what I doubt is PM using and threatening with the DePaul job solely as leverage to get a raise at OU or he walks.

But keep in mind, we are relying on this information about him posturing to OU and Joe C to get more from an account that has more missed calls than correct calls, and called Porter to DePaul a done deal less than 5 hours ago before backtracking.

IMO, this may be a case of them trying to find a way out and be right more than Porter overplaying his hand.

I totally believe Porter and his agent may have talked with Joe about how to get more support and commitment to him and the basketball program; what I doubt is PM using and threatening with the DePaul job solely as leverage to get a raise at OU or he walks.
I tend to believe Porter when he adamantly tells reporters he's not having conversations.

I tend to believe Porter when he adamantly tells reporters he's not having conversations.
Agreed.

Sure he could be sly with his phrasing like most coaches as his agent is having exploratory conversations or taking calls of interest, but I don't see PM as the lying, deceiving weasel that TBOW is. Any coach, or us in our careers, would be wise to at least listen to the marketplace.

On the flip side, I don't doubt for a second that PM has had conversations, ongoing talks, with Joe C about the need for the University and athletic department to step up with more financial commitment and to get things done that have been discussed. Like an arena. Like NIL. And I'm sure those conversations have been spirited and persistent.

But that doesn't automatically mean he's going to leave OU for a 3-29 program that might be promising the same things Joe C did 3 years ago.

On the flip side, I don't doubt for a second that PM has had conversations, ongoing talks, with Joe C about the need for the University and athletic department to step up with more financial commitment. And I'm sure those conversations have been spirited and persistent.
I can guarantee that. Coaches have been having that conversation with Joe since Kelvin was in the late 90s.

That's because OU and DePaul have different expectations from their programs, and are in different places (ie, DePaul has won 3 games this season).
No, it's because people here appreciate Porter Moser for who his is - and people in Oklahoma never wanted to give him a chance.

The "You're not from around here, are you?" mentality is an absolute killer in Oklahoma.

Weird reading online about home run hire if DePaul gets it done and 1/3 or 1/4 of our fan base will
Help him Pack.
I mean, of course it is a home run for them. He can sing at Wrigley Field, hang with sister Jean, and maybe have a good season after a decade. And I hear they are in serious need of a culture well.

Weird reading online about home run hire if DePaul gets it done and 1/3 or 1/4 of our fan base will
Help him Pack.
But not surprising as every coach since Billy (except for a handful of seasons) has probably had more respect, praise, loyalty, and adoration from the media and those outside our fanbase than those within it. Every single coach has had a great deal of criticism and calls for their firing. Only one deserved it.

No, it's because people here appreciate Porter Moser for who his is - and people in Oklahoma never wanted to give him a chance.

The "You're not from around here, are you?" mentality is an absolute killer in Oklahoma.
Yes you nailed it. People don’t care at all about his substandard performance or the lack of a tournament bid. Much like they never welcomed Stoops or Lon or Jennie B, it’s purely geographical

Back