Future of Moser

I tend to believe Porter when he adamantly tells reporters he's not having conversations.
Would you really expect him to tell the truth though? He’s not gonna come out mid season, while battling to be in the NCAA tourney, and say yeah guys I’m in coversation right now with DePaul. I’ll likely be heading there when we’re done.

No, it's because people here appreciate Porter Moser for who his is - and people in Oklahoma never wanted to give him a chance.

The "You're not from around here, are you?" mentality is an absolute killer in Oklahoma
Yeah naw. Oklahoma people are friendly and welcoming. He might have missed the big city but I doubt anyone was anything but nice to him at OU.

It is better for both parties. He can drop down to an easier conference where there is not near as much pressure to make the tournament each year, and OU gets a chance to get a fresh face moving into the SEC.

Now, I’m completely aware of the fact that Joe C could hire worse. But, I think it’s worth the risk.

One chicago source says its not happening but so much smoke...

I think its kellen if it does happen.

DeVries would be really good IMO.

Didn’t Jenny B come from Drake?

That’s actually who I have as a strong possibility if Moser leaves.

2018 - Loyola Chicago (11 seed) Final 4
2021 - Loyola Chicago (8 seed) Sweet 16

OU's projected seed? 9-11 ... just sayin'
If he was all in for OU you might be onto something. But the DePaul stuff has been going on also since the beginning of conference play. There’s a very high chance he’s got one foot out the door and that will affect OU in the tournament.

The Drake coach would be interesting. Don't know much about him other than what I just read on Wiki, but I like that he was with McDermott for a while, and I like that he's been pretty consistent, and winning, at Drake.

I'd want to know more before saying I'd be on board, but I like him better than a lot of options I've read.

The Drake coach would be interesting. Don't know much about him other than what I just read on Wiki, but I like that he was with McDermott for a while, and I like that he's been pretty consistent, and winning, at Drake.

I'd want to know more before saying I'd be on board, but I like him better than a lot of options I've read.
Anyone but Kellen lol

Yeah naw. Oklahoma people are friendly and welcoming. He might have missed the big city but I doubt anyone was anything but nice to him at OU.

It is better for both parties. He can drop down to an easier conference where there is not near as much pressure to make the tournament each year, and OU gets a chance to get a fresh face moving into the SEC.

Now, I’m completely aware of the fact that Joe C could hire worse. But, I think it’s worth the risk.
As someone who moved to Oklahoma from up north back in the day, I can tell you the experience is anything but welcoming. Sure, there's the glad handing and smiles, but the number of times I was called and treated like a Yankee was pretty large. Enough that I wasn't planning on ever living there after college, but accidentally temporarily moved back for 12 years.

As someone who moved to Oklahoma from up north back in the day, I can tell you the experience is anything but welcoming. Sure, there's the glad handing and smiles, but the number of times I was called and treated like a Yankee was pretty large. Enough that I wasn't planning on ever living there after college, but accidentally temporarily moved back for 12 years.
It’s all anecdotal. My family moved from Idaho to Oklahoma and it was the friendliest people we’ve ever met.

However, I’m not dismissing your experiences. There’s crappy people everywhere. I would just say as a whole Oklahoma is more welcoming than not.

That is honestly surprising. I don't ever hear this

But if you act like a Yankee, you are likely to be treated like one...

Back