Future of Moser

I love Waldo, but no way he is worth 2.5 points in a betting line. And Hugley would be even more of a nonfactor. TCU finished ahead of us in the league, we have beaten one team other than OSU in weeks, and have not competed well against tournament teams outside of Norman. I don't see any way TCU wasn't going to be favored by at least a point or two.
our best most consistent player isn't worth 2 points? I highly highly doubt that

our best most consistent player isn't worth 2 points? I highly highly doubt that
I'll let the gambling experts weigh in on this, but no, he isn't. Especially since most people who don't follow OU very closely don't realize he is our best player.

I love Waldo, but no way he is worth 2.5 points in a betting line. And Hugley would be even more of a nonfactor. TCU finished ahead of us in the league, we have beaten one team other than OSU in weeks, and have not competed well against tournament teams outside of Norman. I don't see any way TCU wasn't going to be favored by at least a point or two.

Seems like the McCollum news moved the line 2 points after it became public.

And to add to that, Moser has made it a point to say that OU was 18-6 FULLY healthy which he has said could be as early as this weekend going into next week.
That's misleading.

It implies we were likely to win some of those games we had players out. I don't think that is the case. How many of the teams we lost to had guys out? Our longest injury has been to our backup five man. If we can't overcome that, we aren't a very good team.

The line was ridiculous anyway, like stealing money. I'm not sure what Vegas was thinking.
IMO, Valdo is not quite worth 2 points on the betting line, but the original opening line was 1.5....so with him playing, it may have opened as pick'em or TCU -1....and likely stayed around 1 or 1.5. The line didn't shoot up to -3.5....it was gradually bet up over a 36 hour period.

I'm speculating here, but the line for that game said more about TCU (and not playing all that well the last few weeks) and that is why I believe it was that low....and stayed relatively low.

That's misleading.

It implies we were likely to win some of those games we had players out. I don't think that is the case. How many of the teams we lost to had guys out? Our longest injury has been to our backup five man. If we can't overcome that, we aren't a very good team.
And 8 of those 18 wins came against the dregs of Q4. And we were 2-4 against the Big 12 teams that will make the tournament when we were full strength. Our record took a nose dive once the schedule got tougher in the last 7 games of the regular season. I'm not completely discounting the possibility we could have won one additional game down the stretch if we were healthy, but then again, most the teams we were playing were also missing guys.

Fire his butt. Won’t happen, but should. He has missed the tourney as many times in 3 years as Lon and Kelvin in 22 years. Shameful.

Same athletic director will result in similar results. We need a co-ad focused on bball and redefine Joe’s job to what he does anyway .. raising football money and hiring whoever Bob tells him to.

The decision to bring Moser back was made a week or so ago. The DePaul stuff was real, but probably only if Joe was going to force Moser out. They came to some kind of agreement, probably when it "looked" like we were in the Tournament, and now we're stuck with him for at least another season.

We know we lose Soares, Darthard, and Maks.

A lot of folks thought it was the last season for JM and Godwin before they moved on.

A lot of talk about Uzan and Oweh moving on.

Cooper and Cole got no development this year.

IF this team is going to compete next year, we're likely going to need 2-3 high impact players from the Portal. Again.

Frustrating. No way Moser should have a job next year after missing again. No way Joe should see Moser as the future at this point. I don't get it.

I would expect to lose nearly everyone with that result. Will be interesting to see what actually happens.

The decision to bring Moser back was made a week or so ago. The DePaul stuff was real, but probably only if Joe was going to force Moser out. They came to some kind of agreement, probably when it "looked" like we were in the Tournament, and now we're stuck with him for at least another season.

We know we lose Soares, Darthard, and Maks.

A lot of folks thought it was the last season for JM and Godwin before they moved on.

A lot of talk about Uzan and Oweh moving on.

Cooper and Cole got no development this year.

IF this team is going to compete next year, we're likely going to need 2-3 high impact players from the Portal. Again.

Frustrating. No way Moser should have a job next year after missing again. No way Joe should see Moser as the future at this point. I don't get it.
Why would you "laugh" at "this" post if not just to be an ass? Grow up and leave the board for a while. People like you that can't acknowledge other view points are immature babies. Your favorite basketball program just missed the Dance for the 3rd year in a row under Moser, and you are mad that people are mad?

Why would you "laugh" at "this" post if not just to be an ass? Grow up and leave the board for a while. People like you that can't acknowledge other view points are immature babies. Your favorite basketball program just missed the Dance for the 3rd year in a row under Moser, and you are mad that people are mad?
You can twist off too

Also a major red flag that HIS recruits have regressed under him. They need a coach who is a better talent developer

He simply doesn’t have any relevant takes. He just reflexively reacts to any posts by certain posters and calls us names. Never admits when he is wrong. Just makes everything personal and makes excuses when things turn out the opposite of what he predicted.

He simply doesn’t have any relevant takes. He just reflexively reacts to any posts by certain posters and calls us names. Never admits when he is wrong. Just makes everything personal and makes excuses when things turn out the opposite of what he predicted.
It's crazy!

Also a major red flag that HIS recruits have regressed under him. They need a coach who is a better talent developer
He’s just awful in every way. In game coaching, substitution patterns, player evaluation, player development, sideline demeanor, relatability to coaches and players.

Fact is Soares, JM, and Hughley quit on him. Oweh and Uzan did as well.

Back