Future of Moser

He’s just awful in every way. In game coaching, substitution patterns, player evaluation, player development, sideline demeanor, relatability to coaches and players.

Fact is Soares, JM, and Hughley quit on him. Oweh and Uzan did as well.
Lol this team didn’t quite. That’s one positive you can say about them

You can’t miss 3 years in a row. Should be fired.
yep should be but won't....he will get a chance to keep his job next season but not holding my breath. In the have to see it to believe it camp now.

This year was definitely an improvement. We won 20 games, and regardless of what the committee ruled today, I believe this was an NCAA team. We've had several teams this past decade make it with similar or even lesser resumes.

Having said that, this hasn't been an improvement on the last half decade of Lon. I wasn't content then, so I'm certainly not content now.

I'm fine either way with Moser. If we ran it back with this team and added a quality 5, I could see this team winning 22-25 games next year. Having said that, I don't expect to accomplish either task. I'm always for letting coaches finish what they started, but if a mass exodus is coming, I think we should add the coach to that as well. It's not really finishing anything if we're rebuilding the roster from scratch.

This year was definitely an improvement. We won 20 games, and regardless of what the committee ruled today, I believe this was an NCAA team. We've had several teams this past decade make it with similar or even lesser resumes.

Having said that, this hasn't been an improvement on the last half decade of Lon. I wasn't content then, so I'm certainly not content now.

I'm fine either way with Moser. If we ran it back with this team and added a quality 5, I could see this team winning 22-25 games next year. Having said that, I don't expect to accomplish either task. I'm always for letting coaches finish what they started, but if a mass exodus is coming, I think we should add the coach to that as well. It's not really finishing anything if we're rebuilding the roster from scratch.
Well said. I've defended Moser, but agree. If there is a mass exodus of players, then it's time to part ways.

We can’t afford to buy him out (or won’t). Joe will let it ride and think we are on the right track is my bet. This is basically his bar for the OU hoops program based on results over his tenure .. sans a tourney bid and first round exit.

I think Porter will get one more year and if he misses the tournament again, he is gone

The decision to bring Moser back was made a week or so ago. The DePaul stuff was real, but probably only if Joe was going to force Moser out. They came to some kind of agreement, probably when it "looked" like we were in the Tournament, and now we're stuck with him for at least another season.

We know we lose Soares, Darthard, and Maks.

A lot of folks thought it was the last season for JM and Godwin before they moved on.

A lot of talk about Uzan and Oweh moving on.

Cooper and Cole got no development this year.

IF this team is going to compete next year, we're likely going to need 2-3 high impact players from the Portal. Again.

Frustrating. No way Moser should have a job next year after missing again. No way Joe should see Moser as the future at this point. I don't get it.
I can be talked into anything regarding moser right not except for multiple years with him..

I think saving 6 mil is nice and we don't have to pay anyone else's buyout too and we can see if the numbskull can figure it out in the SEC (i will prolly prefer him to leave in any case excepting winning the sec tournament or conference or making an elite 8). But maybe we can really keep our eyes out for a real coach for ou next year and get that going in the background and get a REAL basketball coach and send out bummer moser. Use that 6 mil toward a good coach and/or replacing 3 mil of nil toward players

I think Porter will get one more year and if he misses the tournament again, he is gone
Even if he makes the tournament, i will want him gone sans an elite 8 run pretty much or winning sec or sec tournament

It really is amazing when you look back on his career. As some posters noted at the time, he basically has had one really good run in his long career. Looking back at that run, they made buzzer beaters in the first two rounds, then beat the 7 and 9 seeds to make the FF. Credit to them for doing what they needed to do, and I realize they beat a very good Illinois team three years ago to make the Sweet 16. But without that 2018 run, he is not on any P5 radar. That’s a pretty thin resume when you’re telling about that long a career.

It really is amazing when you look back on his career. As some posters noted at the time, he basically has had one really good run in his long career. Looking back at that run, they made buzzer beaters in the first two rounds, then beat the 7 and 9 seeds to make the FF. Credit to them for doing what they needed to do, and I realize they beat a very good Illinois team three years ago to make the Sweet 16. But without that 2018 run, he is not on any P5 radar. That’s a pretty thin resume when you’re telling about that long a career.
Yup. Ive looked at all of his prior schools. Hes a bum that got lucky. Thats it. I wonder if hes the worst coach ever to makd the final 4. Certainly would be in the running at least..

My question, why did we give him a 2 year extension after his first season of not making the tournament? Plenty of coaches can NOT make the tournament for OU. Terrible decision by Joe C (ala OSU handing out 5 and 10+ extensions to their bum coaches lol).

So Porter is a position now where he has to recruit hard to replace who knows how many players while leaning on his agent for an escape hatch.

He's a dead coach walking, whether it's this month or a year from now.

Yup. Ive looked at all of his prior schools. Hes a bum that got lucky. Thats it. I wonder if hes the worst coach ever to makd the final 4. Certainly would be in the running at least..

My question, why did we give him a 2 year extension after his first season of not making the tournament? Plenty of coaches can NOT make the tournament for OU. Terrible decision by Joe C (ala OSU handing out 5 and 10+ extensions to their bum coaches lol).
I can’t stand the trend of giving extensions so early. And there was no need for us to do it. It’s not like we are a mid major or a stepping stone job. It’s not like we were any danger of losing Moser after year one. It makes zero sense and now it’s biting us in the butt.

I can’t stand the trend of giving extensions so early. And there was no need for us to do it. It’s not like we are a mid major or a stepping stone job. It’s not like we were any danger of losing Moser after year one. It makes zero sense and now it’s biting us in the butt.
I mean, if we are losing him in that scenario that must have meant he did well, right? Instead he's such a bum and a disgrace that the corpse of depaul was the best thing he could link himself too lolol

He had a great 4 year run at Loyola leading up to our hire. It wasn't a one year thing, and he didn't have any generational talents. Unless we wanna do that thing where we compare Krutwig to Buddy or Blake.

When you hire a guy, what he did 15+ years ago is mostly irrelevant. We've talked about his previous stops at length in the past, and when you actually dig into the details, he left every program better than he found it. But again, not very relevant.

Back