Future of Moser

Well said. I've defended Moser, but agree. If there is a mass exodus of players, then it's time to part ways.
I've been in the one more year camp all year, but that's under the premise that we retain our top players. If we lose Los, JM, Moore & Hugely (if he's willing to put in the work) to the portal then it's time to pull the plug and start fresh.

I'd hate to lose Cooper or Cole. And I'd like to see Northweather stick around. But I'm ok letting Oweh, Sam and/or Keita pursue other opportunities.

I feel like Moser needs to come out and apologize on behalf of the team. I know, it may be completely delusional but this team got a lot of support this year. There was actual excitement among the fans. Even the football channels I listen to on YouTube were encouraging people to go out and support the team. That’s pretty big for OU. There was a real chance to make something special and they completely squandered it. Where’s the accountability? So Moser gets to miss the tournament for the third year in a row and that’s it? This is OU basketball now? He’s just going to continue to make millions of dollars?

EDIT: if he has apologized then just let me know and ignore.

Does anyone have a sense of what today’s press conference is about? It’s strange.

if that’s the case, I’ve lost any remaining desire I had for Porter to get one more year. Win the games, get in the tournament. Period.

Maybe he will talk about pace of play and DCO and mention how hard he, personally, is working to “rebuild” the program.
"I've worked my butt off to get this dog crap program going that has not a single scintilla of history or tradition. If it weren't for me, this program would not have successfully missed the tournament three (3) years in a row, a program record I might add."

- Bummer Moser, probably.

"I've worked my butt off to get this dog crap program going that has not a single scintilla of history or tradition. If it weren't for me, this program would not have successfully missed the tournament three (3) years in a row, a program record I might add."

- Bummer Moser, probably.
I'm surprised Joe C. hasn't given him another extension

I'm surprised Joe C. hasn't given him another extension
We are paying him more than Iowa State is paying TJ. I realize coaching salaries and NIL are different things, but that right there should silence the people who think that we wouldn’t be able to attract a quality coach. Also, TJ needs a raise, immediately!

Does anyone have a sense of what today’s press conference is about? It’s strange.
I'm guessing he'll whine about being left out of the Dance and also re-affirm his commitment to this program that "he is building" after flirting with DePaul for 2 months (he'll deny that part). It'll be done for recruiting. He'll also talk about how excited he is to be in the SEC next season.

I'm guessing he'll whine about being left out of the Dance and also re-affirm his commitment to this program that "he is building" after flirting with DePaul for 2 months (he'll deny that part). It'll be done for recruiting. He'll also talk about how excited he is to be in the SEC next season.
Yea Moser is the king of coach speak. I don’t expect to learn anything today. He won’t say anything he hasn’t said a million times before. He will talk about being 18-6 when healthy this season, while leaving out the fact that 8 of those were Q4 games and that only two of those wins came over tournament teams. He will talk about how much more athletic they were but not acknowledge that we didn’t utilize that in conference play. If he gets any questions about Cooper, they will probably be softballs from the fanboy beat guys asking him how excited he is about his potential.

I only got to see a few games from start to finish but watched bits and pieces of others...From what I saw OU guys missed way too many layups,
laid on the floor way too much, shot way too many three's...I dunno but I don't think Moser is the guy, I see pretty much of the same if he stays on

Safest coach in America. No risk of being fired, ever. No matter what he does, as long as OU isn't at risk of probation (only thing that got Capel fired).

Sad state of OU sports. Can't fire inept coaches because of money, unfortunately.

Back