Future of Moser

So back to my point, is a coach only allowed to drum up support if they are winning?
Nobody wants a coach who isn’t a good ambassador for the program. Nobody really thinks Moser shouldn’t be out there trying to get people to the games. But after three years of failure it’s just going to get harder and harder. At this point Moser needs to spend every second of every day recruiting and reshaping his offensive scheme. Make the tournament next year, then go back to touring the frats and sororities.

Nobody wants a coach who isn’t a good ambassador for the program. Nobody really thinks Moser shouldn’t be out there trying to get people to the games. But after three years of failure it’s just going to get harder and harder. At this point Moser needs to spend every second of every day recruiting and reshaping his offensive scheme. Make the tournament next year, then go back to touring the frats and sororities.
I think you guys are overestimating the amount of time PM spends touring the greeks

It's not irrelevant.

Go win some games. Build our program. Finish higher than tied for 9th/10th in the conference. THAT is a more important and better way of getting fan support. The stuff he is doing doesn't really move the needle, and it's time taken away from bettering the product he is putting on the floor. That's the point we're trying to make.
Lol at thinking drumming up support and doing interviews takes away from bettering the product.

If he wasn’t doing that stuff y’all would. E bitching about it

Lol at thinking drumming up support and doing interviews takes away from bettering the product.

If he wasn’t doing that stuff y’all would. E bitching about it
I could not care less about PR efforts. I’d actually appreciate it more if he went to frat houses and DIDN’T post about it to let everyone know.

Wondering how much assistant coaching turnover has hurt him too.

Look at the coaches on that first staff. Look at the coaches he has now. Pretty big difference. That was one of my initial concerns with hiring Moser. He actually put a pretty good first staff together, and I think I gave him credit for that. But it's been on the decline ever since that first season
Wondering how much assistant coaching turnover has hurt him too.

Look at the coaches on that first staff. Look at the coaches he has now. Pretty big difference. That was one of my initial concerns with hiring Moser. He actually put a pretty good first staff together, and I think I gave him credit for that. But it's been on the decline ever since that first season.

If an assistant leaves during the off season for a lateral job, that will look bad.

Texas A&M coach Buzz Williams said in Memphis that Shead could "guard anybody in the United States, no matter how old they are, no matter how much money they're getting paid through NIL or through the National Basketball Association'' -- is a major factor moving forward. Texas A&M point guard Wade Taylor IV was 0-for-6 in the first half Sunday, 5-of-27 for the game with Shead doing most of the defending. Taylor had seven 3-pointers in the Aggies' win Friday over Nebraska.

We would be in NCAA if our point guard can defend. Both of them looked lost on defense in Big 12 play.

Texas A&M coach Buzz Williams said in Memphis that Shead could "guard anybody in the United States, no matter how old they are, no matter how much money they're getting paid through NIL or through the National Basketball Association'' -- is a major factor moving forward. Texas A&M point guard Wade Taylor IV was 0-for-6 in the first half Sunday, 5-of-27 for the game with Shead doing most of the defending. Taylor had seven 3-pointers in the Aggies' win Friday over Nebraska.

We would be in NCAA if our point guard can defend. Both of them looked lost on defense in Big 12 play.

It's just crazy watching the development of Houston players. Shead has been "good" for a couple of years now. Sharp looked completely lost last year. He was a free-range gunner from three, streaky, and that was ALL he offered last year. Fast forward 12 months and his 3 point game is more under control, he drove the hoop a decent amount of the time and showed good finishing skills, and defends pretty darn well as well. You also see the development with the bigs. What they turned Roberts into is absolutely insane. I'm guessing guys like Francis look like that in a year or two as well.

Houston isn't the only school developing kids, but I watch them the most outside of OU. But OU is going to have to develop. It's a must.

It's just crazy watching the development of Houston players. Shead has been "good" for a couple of years now. Sharp looked completely lost last year. He was a free-range gunner from three, streaky, and that was ALL he offered last year. Fast forward 12 months and his 3 point game is more under control, he drove the hoop a decent amount of the time and showed good finishing skills, and defends pretty darn well as well. You also see the development with the bigs. What they turned Roberts into is absolutely insane. I'm guessing guys like Francis look like that in a year or two as well.

Houston isn't the only school developing kids, but I watch them the most outside of OU. But OU is going to have to develop. It's a must.
Just to slightly counter-this. You could argue Shead has been steady since freshman year. His only uptick in his per40 has been his ppg.

Not really much of a change from Soph to Senior year other than ppg is up and assists are slightly up. Other than that, he is pretty consistent and has been. I think he is a real talent and a very explosive guard. Not sure I would say he has been developed though? Unless you want to argue that he has gotten better as his SOS has been tougher in the Big12, I could agree with that.

1711392293888.png

Slight uptick for Sharp as well in his per40 numbers. PPG are up, PF are down (showing more discipline in the defense w/ higher steals), and a slight uptick in 3pt% while a downtick in 2pt% while overall FG% has improved.

1711392512992.png

Nice to have guys that stay, develop from RS, and want to build within. Wish we saw more of that here.

This X account has a very checkered track record, having botched both Porter to DePaul and the retention of Mike Boynton at OSU. But...they're speculating Porter to SMU. Take with a grain of salt. Check that...take with the whole shaker of salt.

Coaching Changes - Porter Moser to SMU

They don't allow their posts to be shared, but the copy and paste version is:

Ready for something that caused loud bursts of laughter? We are told from a Texas source that has been very good for a very long time that none other than Porter Moser may be the “sitting power conference head coach” SMU has in their sights. He says 99%. Stay tuned! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This X account has a very checkered track record, having botched both Porter to DePaul and the retention of Mike Boynton at OSU. But...they're speculating Porter to SMU. Take with a grain of salt. Check that...take with the whole shaker of salt.

Ready for something that caused loud bursts of laughter? We are told from a Texas source that has been very good for a very long time that none other than Porter Moser may be the “sitting power conference head coach” SMU has in their sights. He says 99%. Stay tuned! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Lol

1711422392740.png

Dude is a 🤡

Coaching Changes - Porter Part 2
Here's their latest tweet. Again, they have their account locked down. They were burned in a big way on Porter to DePaul, so they're skeptical on anything regarding our current coach. Copy and paste version of the latest tweet:

The Ace Guru Source gave us a different name for SMU but swore us to secrecy. But when two good sources share conflicting info, usually the more recent one is right. The Porter rumor is more recent, but we are not sure. Neither source here is a purely direct source. #StayTuned

Based on these floats, I don't think Porter's going to SMU. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still trying to find a soft landing.

Here's their latest tweet. Again, they have their account locked down. They were burned in a big way on Porter to DePaul, so they're skeptical on anything regarding our current coach. Copy and paste version of the latest tweet:

The Ace Guru Source gave us a different name for SMU but swore us to secrecy. But when two good sources share conflicting info, usually the more recent one is right. The Porter rumor is more recent, but we are not sure. Neither source here is a purely direct source. #StayTuned

Based on these floats, I don't think Porter's going to SMU. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still trying to find a soft landing.
The Chicago of the southwest

Is t this all based on a head coach moving to SMU to be an assistant? If so, no person that has any type of common sense would ever spread this info because they would forever be a laughing stock. You think PM to DePaul was bad?

Neither Giordano's nor Lou Malnati's have locations in Dallas. However, Portillo's Hot Dogs came into the area a couple of years ago.

There's a big difference between Lake Michigan and Lake Ray Hubbard.

I was not impressed with either Giordano's OR Lou Malnati's. I don't like deep dish.....it sucks.

Spent 2 weeks in Chicago for work/training.

I was not impressed with either Giordano's OR Lou Malnati's. I don't like deep dish.....it sucks.

Spent 2 weeks in Chicago for work/training.
I much prefer NY style and even Detroit style to Chicago. However I still like Chicago style but it’s more like a lasagna than pizza

Stop torturing me

I much prefer NY style and even Detroit style to Chicago. However I still like Chicago style but it’s more like a lasagna than pizza
Pequod’s is a mix of Detroit Style and Chicago Deep Dish (I don’t call it Chicago Style now that I live here.) When people visit, they make the mistake of going to Giordano’s or Lou’s when they should be going to Pequod’s.

Back