Future of Moser

wake call all around if true, from the arena, attendance, and NIL...has to be all hands on deck from the administration to the fans.

wake call all around if true, from the arena, attendance, and NIL...has to be all hands on deck from the administration to the fans.
Arena is out of OU’s control at this point (unless they want to build their own).

Attendance should be good (if we win). Next two games sold out and only one more weeknight.

NIL 🤷‍♂️.

Yep. I know there are non bball reasons but damn…to lose a coach to DePaul? That’s embarrassing

I hope Porter stays, but if he doesn’t, two names I’d think about are Dusty May (FAU) who is following up the final four with another good year and Josh Schertz (Indiana State) who had years of success at the D-2 level and has improved Indiana State each of his three years.

Count me in the crew that would be sad to see Moser go. It feels like he may finally be getting his footing under him a bit after adjusting to life in a P5 conference. Crowds are getting better and the product on the court this year has been solid with improved HS recruiting.

Have there been things that could’ve been done better? Sure. We’ve had some portal misses and I’d agree with some of the points regarding some player mismanagement. However, he’s shown he knows how to win in March (even taking down the Bears in the B12 tourney year 1) and he’s getting the athletes to play the type of game he wants to.

Our defense has been suffocating since he’s been here and continues getting better. He’s done this without the level of support I believe he was expecting from a place like OU and without a new arena being built, which I might mistakenly be remembering as a selling point to get him to come over in the first place.

the timing is absolute **** considering what there is to play for. if i was a senior, i would be pissed that his focus isn’t where it should be.

with that said, i don’t blame him for wanting out. basketball support here is dead. fans of our opponents are raiding the building, scooping up donor seats. no more kansas or osu on the schedule. build the new arena, but people aren’t going to show up for lsu or a&m after 3 years.

It’s home. It’s religion. It’s more money. Happy wife happy life.

Portal makes things equal.
The portal absolutely does not make things equal. Look at the rankings. 18 of the top 20 are power conference teams. Major conferences still have a big advantage, it’s just in different ways than before. And he and his wife knew where home was before he came to Norman, so if that’s his reason, it’s a lousy excuse.

Who knows if any of these reports are true. If he leaves, it’ll give us an opportunity to reset and hopefully get the right guy this time. If he stays, he knows that he needs to start delivering better results.

Man, OU is heading into the SEC with loads of momentum in men's sports....

The portal absolutely does not make things equal. Look at the rankings. 18 of the top 20 are power conference teams. Major conferences still have a big advantage, it’s just in different ways than before. And he and his wife knew where home was before he came to Norman, so if that’s his reason, it’s a lousy excuse.

Who knows if any of these reports are true. If he leaves, it’ll give us an opportunity to reset and hopefully get the right guy this time. If he stays, he knows that he needs to start delivering better results.
Yeah who knows if they are true…. 🙄

I’m sure I’m in the minority but I’d sure love to see Hollis and/or Quannas come home if Moser does leave.

I hope Porter stays, but if he doesn’t, two names I’d think about are Dusty May (FAU) who is following up the final four with another good year and Josh Schertz (Indiana State) who had years of success at the D-2 level and has improved Indiana State each of his three years.
If Moser leaves I would like to stay away from another mid major guy.

Would be pretty upset if we lost Moser. The idea of starting from scratch having just gone through this a few years ago would be a gut punch. Especially since there’s a good chance we would head into a weaker conference with most of our key contributors from this season with Moser staying. Say it ain’t so!

In a lot of ways while I like Moser I wonder if the fit is right for OU especially moving into the SEC, he just feels like a Midwest guy all the way. The shame of it is we actually are in a position to have a good team in 25 with the talent on the roster, then again the portal will be open again going both directions.

More then anything I hope this kind of news forces the people involved to stop fudging around and get that new arena passed. OU cannot continue like this especially in the SEC with the current status quo.

Part of me wonders if Moser's agent isn't just putting this out there to help get that arena deal done, 6M buyout feels like a big number for a guy with his record the last 2 years. Are we supposed to not believe that he didn't try and get the ND job last year ?

Last edited:
Back