Future of Moser

I will personally pack his bags. Dude has been a total failure here. Would suck to lose the team and players.. But that would show me that moser acknowledges he couldn't/cant cut it in the Big 12 and is scared of the SEC even. So run on to the little east which is vastly overrated but for uconn (a def mid-major imo). Just my 2 cents lol

I will personally pack his bags. Dude has been a total failure here. Would suck to lose the team and players.. But that would show me that moser acknowledges he couldn't/cant cut it in the Big 12 and is scared of the SEC even. So run on to the little east which is vastly overrated but for uconn (a def mid-major imo). Just my 2 cents lol
Lol wow

Ha im mad at the timing as you can tell. But i would expect moser to be unceremoniously fired at depaul imo. I wonder if moser would even be a head coach, as opposed to a permanent assistant, if he had never lucked into cameron krutwig. Owes him half of his career imo

Ha im mad at the timing as you can tell. But i would expect moser to be unceremoniously fired at depaul imo. I wonder if moser would even be a head coach, as opposed to a permanent assistant, if he had never lucked into cameron krutwig. Owes him half of his career imo
Man never go off the rails

If OU makes the tournament and makes a run, I find it hard to believe he would leave. The program isn’t perfect but he could really have some momentum going into the future if that happens. That would be a much better gig than taking over a program like DePaul or Louisville and having another three or four year rebuild. Idc if he’s a “Midwest guy.” Winning is much more fun than losing.

But at the same time I could understand why he would want have other options in case the team doesn’t make the tournament this year. I think he understands this is the year he needs to get it done. If he can’t then it is probably best for both parties to move on.

My thoughts exactly. If OU makes the Dance, I don't see him leaving for a lesser job - regardless of location. If we don't make the Tournament, then it makes perfect sense for him to leave. It's actually quite typical for a head coach to stay one year ahead of being fired by "resetting the clock" to go somewhere else. He wouldn't be on the "hot seat" at DePaul until at least 2027.

My thoughts exactly. If OU makes the Dance, I don't see him leaving for a lesser job - regardless of location. If we don't make the Tournament, then it makes perfect sense for him to leave. It's actually quite typical for a head coach to stay one year ahead of being fired by "resetting the clock" to go somewhere else. He wouldn't be on the "hot seat" at DePaul until at least 2027.
Exactly. I think occam’s razor here.

I understand Notre Dame last year, but if we're going to go through this every year with schools like DePaul, I'm ready to pull the plug. He's not Harbaugh. Get in or get out.

I say this as somebody who has been this far happy with the season and optimistic for next year. I am not optimistic for next year with a new coach, as I expect most of our guys to leave.

The portal absolutely does not make things equal. Look at the rankings. 18 of the top 20 are power conference teams. Major conferences still have a big advantage, it’s just in different ways than before. And he and his wife knew where home was before he came to Norman, so if that’s his reason, it’s a lousy excuse.

Who knows if any of these reports are true. If he leaves, it’ll give us an opportunity to reset and hopefully get the right guy this time. If he stays, he knows that he needs to start delivering better results.

depaul is in one of the power 6 basketball conf .

I hope Porter stays, but if he doesn’t, two names I’d think about are Dusty May (FAU) who is following up the final four with another good year and Josh Schertz (Indiana State) who had years of success at the D-2 level and has improved Indiana State each of his three years.

umm I would unload the truck for Dusty May

I have told a few people this off line but i will put it here ..

IF he is planning on leaving for Depaul (and I do think that is a possibility even though I think that if it was ONLY him i think he would not leave) and OU knows he is planning to leave .. (buyout talk ect) I would move him away from the team (don't want to say FIRE because I want that buyout money) ASAP

if he is leaving Gates and Hump can run the ship until we hire someone new...

I really wish OU fans would mention someone other Hollis or Kellen for OU anytime there's a thought of getting a new head coach. OU BBall deserves and can do so much better in terms of experience and success.
Hollis has been an on court college coach for 1 season (last year only he is back as support staff this year) . (and a Gleage ast for 1 year (for Eduardo)

Q for 10 .. seasons

I have told a few people this off line but i will put it here ..

IF he is planning on leaving for Depaul (and I do think that is a possibility even though I think that if it was ONLY him i think he would not leave) and OU knows he is planning to leave .. (buyout talk ect) I would move him away from the team (don't want to say FIRE because I want that buyout money) ASAP

if he is leaving Gates and Hump can run the ship until we hire someone new...
and how would you do that?

Back