Gottleib on OU situation on SA right now.

NickZepp

Reaction score
He's making some good points. Talking about how from things the players don't have a fear factor in Capel and that they think they control things. He also said that Tiny and TMG simply aren't any good according to scouts and that they have no chance to make the pros.

He's making some good points. Talking about how from things the players don't have a fear factor in Capel and that they think they control things. He also said that Tiny and TMG simply aren't any good according to scouts and that they have no chance to make the pros.

Well he alluded that they are not ready to go pro this year. Id agree with that. Tiny is probably an NBA player, just not 1 and done. TMG never was IMO, but I am sure he thinks he is. How many 5'8 guards are in the league? Not many. I doubt scouts have said Tiny isnt any good. He is having a good year for a Freshman post player.

Did TMG ever allude that he was going pro at any point? I never read or heard an interview where he stated anything bout coming out early.

Tiny is gonna find his way into the league. Im sure that Dougie cant be quoted as saying Tiny and TMG "arent any good" but they sure as heck arent 1 and done guys either. I know I said it before regarding this team and seeing the way things have gone its hard to argue against the idea that the inmates really are running the asylum at this point.

Is Tiny better than Damion James was a frosh? I dont' think so, but Tiny is a small post and Damion James plays the small forward. They are about the same height.

No way is Tiny a 1-and-done player. If he makes it to the NBA, he will have to play all 4 years at OU.

I heard a national sportswriter comment a few months back he didn't think OU would be very good because he said all the players beside WW are "very good high school players". Not in the same league as John Wall, Xavier, etc.

Is Tiny better than Damion James was a frosh? I dont' think so, but Tiny is a small post and Damion James plays the small forward. They are about the same height.

No way is Tiny a 1-and-done player. If he makes it to the NBA, he will have to play all 4 years at OU.

I heard a national sportswriter comment a few months back he didn't think OU would be very good because he said all the players beside WW are "very good high school players". Not in the same league as John Wall, Xavier, etc.

What are u talking about? James averaged 7.5 pts and 7 boards as a Freshman. Tiny is 2-3 inches taller, and averages 12 and 8.5. Damion James will have a hard time in the league as a tweener. Tiny is obviously not a 1 and done, but his stock will be higher after 3 years than Damion James. Damion James came back because he probably wasnt a first round pick.

With that said...if you think tiny is a 4 year player do you see him transfering. or do you see tmg transfering? I sure hope not but I am sure they are not happy....I know in my experience when a coach is feared he is respected, when a coach is not feared, then tries to put that fear into their eyes some players just get mad and do not want to be apart of the situation anymore...

I sure hope that doesnt happen because if tiny stays three years and noone else transfers...assuming we good a good 4....we could very well be back to were we were last year

What are u talking about? James averaged 7.5 pts and 7 boards as a Freshman. Tiny is 2-3 inches taller, and averages 12 and 8.5. Damion James will have a hard time in the league as a tweener. Tiny is obviously not a 1 and done, but his stock will be higher after 3 years than Damion James. Damion James came back because he probably wasnt a first round pick.

My point is, they are about the same size and Damion James had to stay in Austin for all 4 years. Tiny is not a difference maker ala Blake Griffin. He's a decent talent who has a chance to make the NBA, but he needs to change positions.

My point is, they are about the same size and Damion James had to stay in Austin for all 4 years. Tiny is not a difference maker ala Blake Griffin. He's a decent talent who has a chance to make the NBA, but he needs to change positions.

2 inches is a world of difference in the NBA, James cannot start at the 3 in the league. Tiny has a chance to be a 4 in the NBA.

But that doesn't even mention that they play entirely different styles.

Guys I doubt Tiny will be here 4 years. People can get dramatically better from one year to the next (see Blake Griffin) and if Tiny can continue to improve his conditioning and post game he is going to be a beast on the block. Those types of bodies aren't exactly common in the NBA. I see him making the jump to the league after his junior year at OU.

saying that Tiny isn't NBA material is just downright stupid.

He didn't really elaborate but I think he meant that he's not an NBA guy this year. But he did kinda go through that quickly.

Stupid is somebody who hasn't learned reading comprehension and is way past school age.

I never said he "isn't NBA material". I said he isn't going to be able to jump to the NBA after this year. I will say he will never be an impact player in the NBA. Is that stupid, too?

James and Tiny are not even remotely close to the same size and would be asked to do completely differet things in the NBA.

Now that's pretty stupid

Maybe so, the original point is Tiny is small (height) for the position he plays. He may be advertised at 6'9", but no way is he 6'9". Just like Wayman was really 6'7" and Tubbs listed him at 6'9". Tiny is 6'8"...no way he's actually 6'9".

James is 6'7", so they are an inch apart. James plays the 3 spot and was a better 3 his frosh year than Tiny is a 5 (from what I've seen). Maybe by the end of the year, I will change my mind.

Gallon is built like Elton Brand but is not as good at this point as Elton was.

Maybe he can be as good or better who knows.

Truth is, who knows how good he is right now because he spends more time on the bench in foul trouble than he does on the court.

Can someone who listened provide more info on what Doug said in regards to Capel having problems with players? A buddy just heard a piece of it but said DG was talking about this specifically Tiny & TMG

I still see a young Al Jefferson in Tiny... He needs to lose about 20 more pounds, but they are similar in size, body type, athletic ability, etc.

Back