Henry brothers bailing on KU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerEyeDoc

Reaction score
Just an update to previously mentioned threads about this, but 810WHB reporting that Carl Henry informed the afternoon host that the family will be meeting at 330 CST today to determine whether they will stay at KU or go to UK. The drama continues.......

KU ought to just save them the trouble and send them packing.

I'm sure Kansas fans everywhere are yawning in despair. On the flip side of things, Kentucky fans must be wild at the thought of gaining a horrible cancer being tossed into their mix.

Wow, talk about burning every bridge you cross.
:clap

KU ought to just save them the trouble and send them packing.

Absolutely agree. Should've done it yesterday after the mess that happened with the Star article and Henry's response. If I'm Self and this meeting is really happening today, that's the last straw for me.

As much as I'd love to see them go up there and create all kinds of drama for Kansas, nobody needs that trash in their program. Most of these kids who talk about being one-and-done at least act like they care about their college team. Gotta give props to guys like Willie, Tiny, Kevin Durant (and many others over the years), who still enroll in the summer and workout with their team.

I hope they have to go to Europe, but Calipari will welcome them with his snakeoil covered arms.

Last edited:
Did Xavier actually sign a letter of intent? If so, that presents a slight problem for him. Anywhere he'd transfer he'd have to sit out a year and would kind of ruin his "one-and-done" mentality...

Anyone listen to that interview? Oh my goodness.

Did Xavier actually sign a letter of intent? If so, that presents a slight problem for him. Anywhere he'd transfer he'd have to sit out a year and would kind of ruin his "one-and-done" mentality...

If I recall correctly, he had signed a letter of intent with Memphis, which was nulled when Calipari ran off. This is the part I'm hazy on, but apparently you're only allowed to sign a letter of intent once, so he didn't have to sign one with KU.

If I'm wrong about that, we can just assume he had a clause in this LOI that stated he could leave "if they were mean to me".

Summary for those of us who didn't???

Carl says numerous times with no caveats that X wanted to go to Kentucky at all points but his mom wouldn't allow it.

Wall and Orton have been talking to X and X has told his dad that he still wants to go to Kentucky. The family is supposed to have a sit down talk tonight and discuss what is going to happen. Carl says that CJ has said no matter what he is staying at Kansas.

Carl also says that he has put a stop to the overseas business completely.

Fun stuff.

Bill Self would be a big hug puss if he lets Carl Henry continue to pull is hoe card. Sad thing for CJ is he will be guaranteed no PT at UK with Wall and Bledsoe.

You know what would be sweet? If Xavier goes to Kentucky, and then Orton backs out and comes to OU. Allegedly, that was why Orton took his time waiting to reconfirm with Kentucky, because he and Xavier don't get along. Would be nice, but probably a pipe dream.

Someone on Phog.net is saying that it's being reported Self is flying to OKC to meet with the Henry's. Why the hell would he want to fight to keep them at this point after all the craps Carl has taken on KU basketball in the media over the last week?

Someone on Phog.net is saying that it's being reported Self is flying to OKC to meet with the Henry's. Why the hell would he want to fight to keep them at this point after all the craps Carl has taken on KU basketball in the media over the last week?

Wow really? You think it will all just go away, Bill? Not likely imo.

Here's from KUsports.com

Carl Henry said his family would meet Tuesday night to discuss Xavier and C.J.'s future, the father told 610Sports radio station KCSP on Tuesday.
Carl told the station that it was still possible that one or both of his sons would attend Kentucky.
"We have a meeting set up tonight where we're going to sit down and talk about this whole deal," Carl told 610Sports.
Rivals.com has reported that Carl said Kansas coach Bill Self and assistant coach Danny Manning are headed to Oklahoma City, Okla.
In his interview with 610Sports, Carl said the reason for the family's frustration was a recent story in the Kansas City Star newspaper. According to Carl, the family members believed the story put them in a negative light.

The funny part is the only person to ever put the Henry's in a bad light is Carl himself. :ez-roll:

I hope that Carl is not so involved when his kids move away from home this summer. It sounds like they need to become their own men and not have their father take care of everything for them. Throughout this entire process I have heard nothing from Xavier himself, only Carl speaking on his behalf.

I wonder if Carl lets CJ and Xavier order their own food when they go out to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back