Henry brothers bailing on KU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that the Henry's may give Calipari a chance for a final in-home visit either after Self leaves tonight or tomorrow. Also, FWIW Zaviay was working out with Darnell Jackson this afternoon at SNU. I bet Jackson got his two cents in.

Last edited:
This is top notch stuff.

The interview was hilarious.

I can translate for anyone needing it.

Also, a poster on phog.net who apparently talked to Self at some sort of lunch function this afternoon said that he blamed the KC Star writer/article for this mess. According the poster, Self said the article "sucked". So I guess that explains why he's desperately flying to OKC today.

self is probably upset they exposed CH1 jerkiness to KU fans. If they lived in OKC, they would already know that.

I think I remembering reading mom is moving whereever they go but Carl is staying in OKC so he can continue to coach/mentor (jeez, that's a scary thought) his AAU teams.

You mean Gary Vick's teams. Carl's probably pissed he couldn't work it for a job.

Sooner23, you're killin me, dude!

Last edited:
I agree 100%... None of these guys want to go to college, and they shouldnt have to. They are all good enough to play in the NBA, so they should have the right to go work and earn a living playing basketball.

I want to be a lawyer, but do not want to go to Law School. I should have the right to be a lawyer then according to your logic. NBA's league, their rules, deal with it.

Has he said that? I've missed that one. I certainly hope not. He's good for the college game.

yes, he said his dream job is in the NBA. I heard him on the radio say his dream is to be a GM or something for an NBA team, and that coaching is not a part of his long term future.

Capel admitted his dream job was to be in an NBA front office. He never wanted to be a coach. But his NBA career was cut short by an injury. Then Coach K invited him in to watch the team. And then he watched his father coach. And he decided coaching was for him for now. "I'm not a lifer," Capel said. "This is not something I'm going to do when I'm 50."

So no word yet on their decision? Are they going to make Bill Self sacrifice some virginal KU fans at an alter in order to appease them, or are they bolting for UK?

I agree 100%... None of these guys want to go to college, and they shouldnt have to. They are all good enough to play in the NBA, so they should have the right to go work and earn a living playing basketball.
I thought you were allowed to play in Europe.

yes, he said his dream job is in the NBA. I heard him on the radio say his dream is to be a GM or something for an NBA team, and that coaching is not a part of his long term future.

Capel admitted his dream job was to be in an NBA front office. He never wanted to be a coach. But his NBA career was cut short by an injury. Then Coach K invited him in to watch the team. And then he watched his father coach. And he decided coaching was for him for now. "I'm not a lifer," Capel said. "This is not something I'm going to do when I'm 50."

He didn't say that coaching wasn't a part of his long term future. He also never said that he didn't want to be a coach. I don't know where you are getting that from. He told Al that he did SOME DAY want to be a GM.

He is in his early thirties so there is no reason to think that he won't be a coach for another ten years or more even if he doesn't want to do it when he is 50.

Now back to Jayhawk goodness hour! lol

So no word yet on their decision? Are they going to make Bill Self sacrifice some virginal KU fans at an alter in order to appease them, or are they bolting for UK?

I was going to say Shannon, but she's probably not virginal

Straitpinkie.com is reporting Henry to Kentucky.

Cal and Self have quite the little recruiting rivalry going. If true this would give Kentucky the greatest recruiting class ever. They better win it next year because they will lose their entire team to the draft in Wall, Cousins, Henry & Patterson.

This sh!t's made ESPN now. It's a done deal. A wrap. These cats will be Cats.

My dad would PUKE were he alive today. He couldnt stand Carl and I know many KU people who dont like the SOB either.

Not so fast my friends..............

http://www.610sports.com/

BREAKING NEWS: Xavier Henry will stay at KU
Highly touted basketball recruit Xavier Henry told 610 Sports Radio exclusively late Tuesday night "I'm going to Kansas and that's final." There was some doubt as to his commitment after his father, Carl Henry told 610 Sports Radio's Chris and Cowboy that Kentucky may still be an option. Henry says a recent article in the KC Star painted the family in a bad light and that Xavier had expressed a few weeks ago a desire to play with some recruits committed to Kentucky.

http://theshiver.com/2009/06/xavier-henry-staying-at-kansas/

TheShiver.com just got word from Xavier Henry that he will remain committed to the University of Kansas. More to come..

Last edited:
Well at least Henry has the potential to cause this Kansas team to implode now from internal problems.

I guess Self got those virgins sacrificed in time.

I imagine the decision came with a strong warning, though, that everybody at KU better be extra special nice to the Henry's from now on, or else.

Like I have posted numerous times, I don't personally know the younger Henry boys, CJ and X, but I grew up with their father, and two uncles, Craig and Mike. If the boys are anything like the older Henry men, then this is not at all shocking...... It's all about Carl, has always been about Carl, and will always be about Carl--------IN HIS MIND!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back