How about Mike Anderson? Was just Big East coach of the year

thebigabd

Reaction score
From the area... played college basketball at Tulsa... Ran out of gas at Arkansas... He just won Big East Coach of the Year at St. Johns.. He has now been the National Coach of the Year, Big 12 Coach of the Year, Conference USA Coach of the Year, and Big East Coach of the Year.

The Red Storm wrapped the regular season with the league's top scoring offense, averaging 77.5 points per game against BIG EAST foes.

Big East Rankings:
#1 in scoring offense
#3 in 3pt percentage
#1 in steals
#1 in turnover margin
#2 in assists
#4 in offensive rebounds

LOL...I sometimes think u just like to see if any of the OU fans end up with their collective blood pressure raised from reading your posts :)

LOL...I sometimes think u just like to see if any of the OU fans end up with their collective blood pressure raised from reading your posts :)

He’s a JUCO Fan. Don’t let him get to you. He’s just laughing right now!

He’s a JUCO Fan. Don’t let him get to you. He’s just laughing right now!

It's all in good fun. With JUCO players, I think he's serious. With guys like Haith and Anderson, he's just messing with us :).

40 Minutes of Hell......

OU

Wins 65% of his games

Multiple coach of the year honors

Has strong ties to the area

Averaging 24 wins a year in his top 11 seasons as a coach (19 seasons total)

Plays a fast/aggressive style that just led the Big East in scoring and steals.

One of 4 coaches nationally with his combination of experience and never having a losing season.

Come on people.... join me.

40 Minutes of Hell......

OU

Wins 65% of his games

Multiple coach of the year honors

Has strong ties to the area

Averaging 24 wins a year in his top 11 seasons as a coach (19 seasons total)

Plays a fast/aggressive style that just led the Big East in scoring and steals.

One of 4 coaches nationally with his combination of experience and never having a losing season.

Come on people.... join me.

We don't golf at public golf courses.

I mean honestly, I'd like him better than a few names I'm hearing.

It's all in good fun. With JUCO players, I think he's serious. With guys like Haith and Anderson, he's just messing with us :).

WF is right about ABD! I told you guys once he is a master thread starter. No one I know or have ever known is on his level. BigTime is close, but he’s busy playing Doctor (a real one) now and spending time with his family.

As WF said, ABD is serious about JUCO players. He believes he’s right and so do I...to a point. The days of building a team around juco recruits is over now. But there is nothing wrong with filling specific needs from time to time. Our coaches have not done a good job in identifying the best jucos available and showing them love early in the recruiting process. And, in the last few years the best juco players are on the rosters of the teams we play.

ABD is also good at making his case, more often than not on controversial topics. Thus, his threads are usually thought-provoking and interesting. He’s really good at getting some of you so riled up you’re ready to fight. I just smile and go my merry way because I know what he’s doing. Trust me, WaymanFan does, too. ;)

Think about it! This would be a boring place without Thebigabd!

Not sure what anyone has against Mike Anderson. Would take him over Beilein. Anderson is a proven winner. Plays the style of basketball Sooner fans crave. Good recruiter. Big East Coach of the Year, National Coach of the Year, Conference USA Coach of the Year. Team averaged 78 ppg. And jucos? Billy Tubbs did ok with them.

Not sure what anyone has against Mike Anderson. Would take him over Beilein. Anderson is a proven winner. Plays the style of basketball Sooner fans crave. Good recruiter. Big East Coach of the Year, National Coach of the Year, Conference USA Coach of the Year. Team averaged 78 ppg. And jucos? Billy Tubbs did ok with them.

Rejection of Mike Anderson makes absolutely no sense. He would do really well at OU.

WF is right about ABD! I told you guys once he is a master thread starter. No one I know or have ever known is on his level. BigTime is close, but he’s busy playing Doctor (a real one) now and spending time with his family.

As WF said, ABD is serious about JUCO players. He believes he’s right and so do I...to a point. The days of building a team around juco recruits is over now. But there is nothing wrong with filling specific needs from time to time. Our coaches have not done a good job in identifying the best jucos available and showing them love early in the recruiting process. And, in the last few years the best juco players are on the rosters of the teams we play.

ABD is also good at making his case, more often than not on controversial topics. Thus, his threads are usually thought-provoking and interesting. He’s really good at getting some of you so riled up you’re ready to fight. I just smile and go my merry way because I know what he’s doing. Trust me, WaymanFan does, too. ;)

Think about it! This would be a boring place without Thebigabd!

BigABD is good people iyam. Glad he is here. Don’t think Anderson is on our radar.

Back