How Did KSU Get So Good So Fast?

Romulus

Reaction score
It’s pretty amazing what Tang has going up there in the Little Apple. Weber steps down after a horrible year and Tang comes in and sets that place on fire. It’s just amazing how quickly he’s turned that program around.
Castillo visited there this weekend.
I do not know how he did it so fast. Did he get the right transfers? Was the talent there and Tang go it out of them where Weber failed?

The whole campus is going crazy for them. Did they have that kind of support last year as well?

It’s pretty amazing what Tang has going up there in the Little Apple. Weber steps down after a horrible year and Tang comes in and sets that place on fire. It’s just amazing how quickly he’s turned that program around.
Castillo visited there this weekend.
I do not know how he did it so fast. Did he get the right transfers? Was the talent there and Tang go it out of them where Weber failed?

The whole campus is going crazy for them. Did they have that kind of support last year as well?

He definitely did a great job recruiting. Nowell is one of only two players who returned from last season. He was known as a recruiter and is clearly living up to that reputation. Johnson is a stud and a lot of programs didn’t clear him because of the health concern. He has really worked to engage the fan base, and it probably helps that they were so sick of Weber and ready for a change. They also play a very fun style and really get up and down the floor.

But their beat writer wrote a good article the day after the KU game showing several examples of very good in-game coaching, specifically, three plays late against Baylor and KU. So I guess the best answer is, so far, he has checked all the boxes.

Yes, always a great atmosphere and they booooooo the whole game. Our fans are quiet and bring 0 momentum.

#1 he got that guy from florida with the heart condition that everyone else is too scared to play..

I don't think they had that support...just going off of tweets from THIS YEAR complaining that fans needed to show up.

So it may look nice on TV but they have had the same issues as every other non blue blood program in college ball

Last edited:
If filling seats helps the home team why does OU women's gymnastics draw crowds that would equal almost 2 men's basketball games.
It's the product on the floor.

Much better recruiting and much better coaching. Tang is light years ahead of porter moser.

You will see Baylor fall off a bit bc of that loss.

Looks like my sports luck from this year is coming thru again

Back