If you guys are right about the first game...

luckyc1423

Reaction score
If you guys are right about the first game and fitz and pledger are really really good...then we could quit possibly have 4 of our 5 starters for nexters years squad....being tmg, pledger, (clark), tiny, fitz

that would be a solid team having tj come off the bench! Still would be young but if we could either get another talented big to replace tiny or convence him to stay a third year we could easily be contending for a national title

I agree. All it takes is Terrance Jones for next years team to be a final four contender.

This team hasn't played one meaningful game and we're already a player away from a Final Four.....haha.

Easy now. Not many FF teams have a top 6-7 of frosh/sophs.

That is probably true but I bet most FF teams had a bunch of freshman and sophomores in primary rotation a year or two before they became a final four team.

I agree that final four talk at this juncture is premature at best. But, assuming Tiny stays for at least another year (as I believe he will), adding a player like Jones, not to mention Cam and T.J., would almost certainly put OU in the preseason top ten to fifteen nationally, and make them one of the favorites for a deep run in March. We have all seen teams with a lot less talent receive that kind of respect over the years.

that would be a solid team having tj come off the bench! Still would be young but if we could either get another talented big to replace tiny or convence him to stay a third year we could easily be contending for a national title

You guys are getting ahead of yourself....as quoted I said if we can convence tiny to stay a third year, or if we get another talented big we will be national championship contenders with:

1) tmg - junior
2) pledger - junior
3) clark - sophmore
4) Tiny/talented big - junior/sophmore
5) fitz - junior

That is probably true but I bet most FF teams had a bunch of freshman and sophomores in primary rotation a year or two before they became a final four team.

Agree. I think in two years this could be a FF4 team with two more good classes. I think a legit big man is still a need.

Back